R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-04-2002, 01:35 AM   #4981
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
gorgeous paint scheme kev.

Just one question - what the heck is TEKIN doing adorning a beautiful nitro? That sacrilege man you might as well put a JP logo on a 1/12 scale.

What you got an esc in there to operate a hand brake or somethin'?
That was kind of an old school personal ode to TEKIN! I still use their chargers, they rock! I thought it was kind of funny...
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 06:00 AM   #4982
Tech Regular

how many of you are considering going over to the Mugen camp after the MTX-3 comes out? be honest.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 06:25 AM   #4983
Tech Regular

Hey Patella, did you have to make any mods to get the K factory low CG gas tank to fit? Furthermore, im wondering if I can use the Kawahara carbon upper deck and the K factory fuel tank in conjunction. Will they fit together?

OK, I was looking at the Kawahara carbon radio plate online and it doesnt look like it will except the K factory gas tank, so either I keep the stock plate and drill a hole in it, like it says on the K factory website, or i get the K factory carbon deck. I'm trying to avoid K factory stuff as much as possible, oh well . Anyone got the K factory upper deck, and if so, how is it? I'm a sucker for low cg . The stock tank seems too high to me, its bugging me. I have to do something about it.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-04-2002 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:41 AM   #4984
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

cali I'm using the kfactory deck on the car that i have the lcg tank in. Haven't had any problems with it other than you have to use a different belt tensioner. However, the deck aluminum support/brace/tensioner combo dealie that is kfactory (I took all these parts off a reflex), weighs no more than the plastic support and stock belt tensioner. Some engine/pipe combos though if you add the lcg engine mounts are a tight fit if you have the kfactory brace on though.

But now that I think about it, I don't remember any kfactory parts that really sucked off that reflex except for the universals and the 4mm chassis was heavy as a brick. They definitely aren't any worse than 3 racing IMHO.

If I were you I would find something else to stress about cause I have yet to be able to discern ANY difference with the lcg tank on. Maybe I'm just not good enough to tell?

mtx-3, I will try it, but i'm not giving up my kyosho unless it's a huge improvement.

Last edited by patelladragger; 11-04-2002 at 09:57 AM.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:48 PM   #4985
Tech Master

Default calimassive

re the MTX-3.

I reckon this is all a bit, ford vs gm vs dodge.
If the car offered some miraculous performance/handling traits then it might be worth considering, however even if it did how many of us are seriously good and consistent enough to utilise that. It seems that every time something new comes out there are those (usually me) who just have to have it! but not this time,
Ive only just finished building my v-one-rr and Ive got to tame that first
but as they say "never say never"
The quality of cars is so high and close now that no one company can offer a product that stands out significantly from the others but there are companies that offer products of significantly poorer quality than others.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 04:08 PM   #4986
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Your not looking hard enough

Besides if you get the RR, You are gonna put foams on it and throw the BROKAMO away
Ok, which foams to put on then?!

BTW, the MT12 on my Yok will go in the V1R and guess what will be in my Brokamo? Time to bust out with the Richey RTU baby!

Last edited by Dan; 11-04-2002 at 04:11 PM.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:36 PM   #4987
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
Hey Patella, did you have to make any mods to get the K factory low CG gas tank to fit? Furthermore, im wondering if I can use the Kawahara carbon upper deck and the K factory fuel tank in conjunction. Will they fit together?

OK, I was looking at the Kawahara carbon radio plate online and it doesnt look like it will except the K factory gas tank, so either I keep the stock plate and drill a hole in it, like it says on the K factory website, or i get the K factory carbon deck. I'm trying to avoid K factory stuff as much as possible, oh well . Anyone got the K factory upper deck, and if so, how is it? I'm a sucker for low cg . The stock tank seems too high to me, its bugging me. I have to do something about it.
The Integy Carbon radio plate will also work with the K Factory tank. You will just need to use thicker o-rings to keep the tank from flopping around. It's pretty nice and it's only around $30.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vonerlowtank.jpg (53.0 KB, 61 views)
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 07:43 PM   #4988
Tech Regular

Patella, you are probably right that i am being overly paranoid about this low cg tank thing. LOL, ;-)

DCR12, thanks for the suggestion, and thanks so much for the pic too, that really helped, i feel so much better now, cause then i dont have to get the K factory belt tensioner/stiffener, whatever it is. I wanted to avoid having to do that.

Squizzy I agree. I was having some anxiety over my decision to get a V1rr, not that its a bad car, quite the contrary, but because the MTX-3 was coming out shortly after. I think im slowly getting over it.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-04-2002 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:03 PM   #4989
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Ok, which foams to put on then?!

BTW, the MT12 on my Yok will go in the V1R and guess what will be in my Brokamo? Time to bust out with the Richey RTU baby!
You go right ahead and bust out the Richey RTU, I also have one, if you don't remember

But don't cry when your YOK hits the concrete wall at DELTA and snap goes those plastic uprights and upper control arms

Remember its the driver not the car SON
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 08:05 PM   #4990
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Patella, you are probably right that i am being overly paranoid about this low cg tank thing. LOL, ;-)

DCR12, thanks for the suggestion, and thanks so much for the pic too, that really helped, i feel so much better now, cause then i dont have to get the K factory belt tensioner/stiffener, whatever it is. I wanted to avoid having to do that.

Squizzy I agree. I was having some anxiety over my decision to get a V1rr, not that its a bad car, quite the contrary, but because the MTX-3 was coming out shortly after. I think im slowly getting over it.
If you do jump on the Mugan exspress,let me know I be willing to buy your RR roling chassis

If not go out and have fun with it
Old 11-04-2002, 09:08 PM   #4991
Tech Master

Patella: You have PM
Old 11-04-2002, 09:19 PM   #4992
Tech Master

got it! Mo powa comin your way!
Old 11-04-2002, 09:36 PM   #4993
Tech Master

Default negative diff questions

what weight oil are you guyz using in your negative diff?

Also - is the diff supposed to come with all the parts that are in the diagram? Mine only had one outdrive and no gears - is this normal?

Finally - are there any tricks to adjusting it?
Old 11-04-2002, 09:41 PM   #4994
Tech Regular

how do i post an image that's on my comp or add an attachment?

Last edited by calimassive; 11-04-2002 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:19 PM   #4995
Tech Adept

Quote:

No Prob. I think, the only thing you will have to worry about with the Low CG tank is getting it to fit with the stock receiver box. You might have to cut the box a little to get it to fit with the new tank.

To be perfectly honest, I can't tell the difference either, but it looks pretty sweet.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote