R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-31-2002, 07:54 AM   #4921
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I totally disagree with your statement.
I myself have an OS TR and it is more than capeable in hanging with a 5 port collari or RBx12 mt12 turbo
The last 2 races I attended at my little track, I TQ'd one week and qualified 3rd

I feel everything being equal. Now if I was racing on a track with a 200-240ft back straight and proper gearing I might loose a little to these engines on HP, but I have never lost a race in the back straight always in the infied is a race won or lost

uhhh HEYALIGNMENTGUY, is that a regular TR, or a TR on creatine?

it's true you don't lose the race on the str8, but if you pick up a few car lengths on the str8 it makes it easier to drive smoothly though the infield because you know even if you give up those lengths you will get them back on the str8.

If you are down on power on a good size track you have to just plain drive better and be mistake free. If you have several that are about the same skill level that extra oomph comes in handy.

I've seen one fast OS that could hang with any nova, it was modified and the guy ran some strange fuel-blend. It was very, very fast but alas he blew it up 2 weeks ago at the last race.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:01 AM   #4922
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
Does anyone have the K factory low CG fuel tank? Everyone says to avoid the K factory stuff, but I was wondering maybe this one part is an exception? In short, good or bad?
I've got one, can't say really I've noticed much of a difference. Haven't had any problems with it, I think I just like the "idea" that the CG is lower. lol. The best handling R I've managed to set-up though didn't have one on.

RBX12 is an ez engine to tune if broken in properly and set right from git. I've been running the same plug in mine for months and only change the top-end a few hours each race day.

Sirio I'm finding is much more finicky to tune, the one I have seems way more finicky than the rossi. I'm not ready to call it a picco yet, but I've put some time in on it and it's getting close. The weather turning cold here is not helping any My tune must be way off cause this motor is not impressing me at all, the STS will blow it away in their current tunes.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:20 PM   #4923
Tech Regular

Do you need the k factory upper deck too for it to fit? On their website it says you have to drill a hole in the stock deck to get it to fit. Oh, and also, earlier in the thread, someone suggested lowering the stock tank, by taking out the servo thingy and making the tank sit flush with the chassis and getting longer screws to secure it. What do you guys think of that idea?

Also, I've been thus far very impressed and very happy with my RBX12 engine. Its fast and stays in tune well from what I can tell. I havent had to mess with it yet. But then again, I've only run about 10 tanks or so, so far, after break in. Its my first nitro engine so I guess I dont really have a good perspective on things yet. Sooner than later I'd like to try another engine just to get a broader perspective on engines and to see how other engines feel. I was thinking, either a Mugen/Novarossi MR12 or a NovaRossi RS12. What do you guys think?

Last edited by calimassive; 10-31-2002 at 06:29 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:31 PM   #4924
Tech Regular

I just moved back home to southern cali, and i've been hearing alot about revelation raceway. I've yet to go check it out though. What city is it in? I checked the So cal racing website and I remember it saying it was located in Monrovia, but then I checked the Revelation site and it said that its in Ontario. I'm assuming the Revelation site is right, but just want to make sure. Dont want to drive an hour to the wrong place. BTW, how is it? Peeps cool? Track nice?
Old 10-31-2002, 10:34 PM   #4925
Tech Master

Both sound good, but the MR-12 really piques my interest a bit more, being new and all...
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:58 PM   #4926
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
big error curve compared to picco, ok got it, what about compared to novarossi or rossi based engines? I have an RBX12, and have found it to be pretty easy to tune.
The RB is a great engine and is fairly easy to tune, I have never touched a picco. My Nova Mega was not that difficult to tune and stays there pretty much all the time, just minor tweaking from time to time
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:01 PM   #4927
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Does anyone have the K factory low CG fuel tank? Everyone says to avoid the K factory stuff, but I was wondering maybe this one part is an exception? In short, good or bad?
I have one, and yes I fell for that get averything as low as possible
I don't notice the difference but it is a cool item to have
Old 10-31-2002, 11:07 PM   #4928
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
uhhh HEYALIGNMENTGUY, is that a regular TR, or a TR on creatine?
Ya got me there

when I got my car I put this thing togeather just like they did in the pics, I ran a side exhaust OSCVR, and to tell you the truth I did rather well with that engine

But as time wen't by and reading about Dennis Ritchey and his mods, I broke down and bought one Yes it is Fast and everyone who see's it, says that is the fastest OS they have ever seen

Right now since the track I race at doesnt have a engine limit I am looking into getting a RB X12 5 port
Old 11-01-2002, 12:19 AM   #4929
Tech Elite

Quote:
I just moved back home to southern cali, and i've been hearing alot about revelation raceway. I've yet to go check it out though. What city is it in? I checked the So cal racing website and I remember it saying it was located in Monrovia, but then I checked the Revelation site and it said that its in Ontario. I'm assuming the Revelation site is right, but just want to make sure. Dont want to drive an hour to the wrong place. BTW, how is it? Peeps cool? Track nice?
It's in Montclair, south of the 10 fwy., on Monte Vista... remember that HAG??!! Most everyone I've met there are very nice, and the track is excellent.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:29 AM   #4930
Tech Regular

It says Ontario on there site. Did they move? I'm not that familiar with the area. Also i just moved back down from N. Cal, so im still getting my bearings.

NM, i guess its on the border of Montclair and Ontario, so therein lies the confusion. I'll find it.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-01-2002 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:01 AM   #4931
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Right now since the track I race at doesnt have a engine limit I am looking into getting a RB X12 5 port
Hey I got a rb 5 port NIB. The only thing done to it is oiled it up and put a ceramic bearing in. I got a NIP 5 port piston/sleeve set for it too if you want it. Your price 140 shipped or 200 for both. lmk if you want it. It doesn't look like ROAR is going to give us a an 200mm outlaw class so I may sell some non-roar engines.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:03 AM   #4932
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Do you need the k factory upper deck too for it to fit? On their website it says you have to drill a hole in the stock deck to get it to fit.
you might need to modify the receiver holder also. the bottom of the tank is wider than the stock one and the receiver holder gets in the way.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:11 AM   #4933
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
It's in Montclair, south of the 10 fwy., on Monte Vista... remember that HAG??!! Most everyone I've met there are very nice, and the track is excellent.
and they open Saturday night now too.

too bad i ran out of excuses to sneak out on Saturday night........ need good excuses, any suggestions ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #4934
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
and they open Saturday night now too.

too bad i ran out of excuses to sneak out on Saturday night........ need good excuses, any suggestions ?
Yep, I'll be there tomorrow!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #4935
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
I'll remember that the next time I wan't to drive 7 hours to go racing