R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-30-2002, 09:31 PM   #4906
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
1/8th scale too, ahhh, you'll be all set then my MRX-3 brother! Make me proud and kick some booty the rest of the year, and I'll start making sacrifices to the R/C gods (don't laugh Sydewynder and HAG!) for you to put some bad juju on your competition!
Hey Kev I am laughing I need some of that bad juju on my competition
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:37 PM   #4907
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
nope
not sure about the new "outlaw" os12tr, it has 5ports and is configured to accpet trbo style plugs, i imagine it would be quite fast, but not up to novarossi standards. the os12tr i feel is great for a club level, but once u set into a regional or worl championship level, it becomes harder to win with an os12tr cause os sacrifices speed for reliability and durability. hope that helped
I totally disagree with your statement.
I myself have an OS TR and it is more than capeable in hanging with a 5 port collari or RBx12 mt12 turbo
The last 2 races I attended at my little track, I TQ'd one week and qualified 3rd

I feel everything being equal. Now if I was racing on a track with a 200-240ft back straight and proper gearing I might loose a little to these engines on HP, but I have never lost a race in the back straight always in the infied is a race won or lost
Old 10-30-2002, 09:40 PM   #4908
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
im jus curious, does OS make any engines that are able to compete with RB's, Novarossi, mugen/nova, etc?

btw, sg shaft/serpent shaft/pilot shaft, all the same thing? or all slightly different? I have an RBX12 with a serpent shaft.
1. YES

2. there are 2 shaft styles SG and standard
Old 10-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #4909
Tech Regular

can u clarify? which OS engine is comparable and is a pilot shaft and serpent shaft the same as an SG? I'm assuming its different names for the same thing.

LOL, never mind, u already answered the first half of my question, but could u still clarify the second half?

Last edited by calimassive; 10-30-2002 at 09:47 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:47 PM   #4910
Tech Master

Quote:
can u clarify? which OS engine is comparable and is a pilot shaft and serpent shaft the same as an SG? I'm assuming its different names for the same thing.

The OS TR is comparable

serpent shaft is the same as SG shaft

Its kind of funny I have never heard the term serpent shaft and I have a serpent impact
Old 10-30-2002, 09:49 PM   #4911
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I totally disagree with your statement.
I myself have an OS TR and it is more than capeable in hanging with a 5 port collari or RBx12 mt12 turbo
The last 2 races I attended at my little track, I TQ'd one week and qualified 3rd

I feel everything being equal. Now if I was racing on a track with a 200-240ft back straight and proper gearing I might loose a little to these engines on HP, but I have never lost a race in the back straight always in the infied is a race won or lost
I agree, it's just got different performance characteristics which require different gearing than say, a Nova based motor.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:53 PM   #4912
Tech Regular

If u go to the RB engines site, they use the terms serpent shaft and standard shaft.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:58 PM   #4913
Tech Master

Quote:
If u go to the RB engines site, they use the terms serpent shaft and standard shaft.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:00 PM   #4914
Tech Regular

is it true OS engines are easier to tune, stay in tune longer, are very reliable, and last a long time? That's what i hear all the time.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:00 PM   #4915
Tech Master

Quote:
I agree, it's just got different performance characteristics which require different gearing than say, a Nova based motor.
Hey Kev wasnt there a guy running a OS during the RD Logics race when I was down there. In his 1/8th scale
Old 10-30-2002, 10:02 PM   #4916
Tech Master

Quote:
is it true OS engines are easier to tune, stay in tune longer, are very reliable, and last a long time? That's what i hear all the time.
easy to tune yes, they have a big error curv compared to picco

relaiable, I would say so

Long lasting, I dunno still abusing mine
Old 10-30-2002, 10:08 PM   #4917
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hey Kev wasnt there a guy running a OS during the RD Logics race when I was down there. In his 1/8th scale
Not sure, I was stuck in my own little hell that weekend.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:12 PM   #4918
Tech Master

Quote:
Not sure, I was stuck in my own little hell that weekend.
True True, I thought I saw one out there. I was trying to make a point with the youngsters

Its not always about the big hp (But it does help)
Old 10-30-2002, 10:52 PM   #4919
Tech Regular

big error curve compared to picco, ok got it, what about compared to novarossi or rossi based engines? I have an RBX12, and have found it to be pretty easy to tune.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:12 AM   #4920
Tech Regular

Does anyone have the K factory low CG fuel tank? Everyone says to avoid the K factory stuff, but I was wondering maybe this one part is an exception? In short, good or bad?