R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-30-2002, 04:02 AM   #4891
Tech Regular

hey, give the guy a break. Everyone starts a newb, I'm a newb. I'm still learning how to drive and tune my car. So relax...be nice. Furthermore, just cause the guy got hop ups and nice gear dont mean he's frontin; dont be a hater just cause he spent cash. If he's a punk that talks alot of smack, then fine, i agree, but if he's cool and just wants to learn then no need to bash him.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:12 AM   #4892
Tech Master

Default re-bashing

I can only talk for myself here, but I spend more time at the track helping other people than I do on my own car usually.
The guy I was refering too truly was the most obnoxious SOB you could ever meet in your life and there was nothing he didn't know........after 3 months racing.
I persisted with this and hudied his car when he needed it tuned his engine when it required it until one day..........
He drives his car straight off the track and stalls it, well silly old me
tries to help and restart the car, an ntc3 with no glo-hole in the shell, anyway siren sounds race over and it would appear that he was not happy, calling me something that sounds like a useless bat fastard I chose to ignore this as I'm 6'2" and 130 kilos I would probably have removed his head and the idea of being stuck in a cell with some guy named rockeater who fancied me as his new wife is not appealing.
10 minutes later he walk over and says "oh Geoff my cars not handling right, can you set it up for me"

He doesnt come racing anymore he was the first person ever to be asked by our club not to come back.

Two weeks later I was racing at another local club and guess what .Everyone was still on his frequency,the marshalls were still in the way.

Funny That.
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:46 AM   #4893
Tech Regular

I wasnt reffering to you're post squizzytaylor, I was reffering to Im2lazy's post.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:51 AM   #4894
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
.................as for selling stuff , maybe if ya really wanted to you could (as in)
E-bay or the for sale forum

Don't want the hassle of packing and shipping stuff and worrying about whether the buyer is honest and will send money.
I don't have the hobby store hook up like you where you can just drop off your stuff and do nothing and get a fat azz roll of cash.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 10-30-2002 at 06:53 AM.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 06:54 AM   #4895
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

The only way the chassis changes the car's geomentry is if you change the thickness of the chassis and try to maintain the same ride height. The Kawahara chassis is very nice, and it's also only 3mm 7075 alloy. It WONT change your suspension geomentry. The K-Factory one will.
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 08:09 AM   #4896
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
hey guys, wahts the fastest anyone of you have gone with a v one r/rr? with a .12 size engine?
Touching 150 kph....I had to be careful though the speed limit on the roads here are only 100kph....the RR was in the boot of my 1:1 car!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 08:48 AM   #4897
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
We've got one of those guys who thinks that the most expensive stuff is always the best. Colarri 5 port turbo, negative diff, totally hopped up MTX2, Hudy setup station with the official Hudy board underneath the gauges, his own tire truer all under his possession the first day he came to the track. My set of equipment is not worth new what his car was if he sold it to me used.

We were telling ourselves that either he is the most hardcore racer ever, or he was a fruitcake that should give me some of his dough so that it would have been put to better use. He was the latter. . It was funny, but then he was a new guy so you had to feel sorry and you tried to yell suggestions to his overly-lean car so that he wouldn't feel left out and feel as bad about his performance.
At least he wasn't obnoxious . If he was like your track hot-shot, then... I might just have to do something about it. .

There is no hopup that could make that new guy as fast a he wanted to be.
sounds like a case of jealousy to me. I see it all the time. If someone has their gear together often they go to a track and rather than being true racers often you'll see a lot of hatin. A guy at our track comes out there with a barracuda and other trick cars and always has new packs and motors every race and man if he wasn't so politically savvy and helping out the other racers with gear the jealous crows would've pecked him to death by now. Now he just happens to be the fastest fool out there but I got so tired of hearing all the hating on how he was cheating, how he was only winning cause he gets trick stuff, how he wasn't really buying his stuff he had hook-ups with the factories...yadda yadda.

If a guy spends a lot and can't drive - so what. Help him. If a guy spends a lot and can drive -so what - help him. We're all racers it's not who spends the most that wins (not in nitro as least) but some (like me), just like to try different things and be as prepared as possible.

People call me crazy all the time because I spend on RC until I educate them I'm still spending less than a quarter what I used to spend racing motorcycles and don't have to worry about my daughter pushing me around in a wheelchair while I'm at it Just race and have fun and be there for eachother - no point in getting caught up in who has what gear.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:34 AM   #4898
Tech Elite

Default Re: re corny

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
....but couldnt drive his finger up his exhaust.
...nice quote, I'll have to remember that one.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 12:01 PM   #4899
Tech Initiate

Default Re: re-hop-ups

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
The two most underated hop-ups are.

1) sheer ability(concentration and co-ordination)
2) practice

gt

That's got to be the cheapest and sometimes toughest hop-up to get.
autotr8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 02:50 PM   #4900
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
sounds like a case of jealousy to me. I see it all the time. If someone has their gear together often they go to a track and rather than being true racers often you'll see a lot of hatin. A guy at our track comes out there with a barracuda and other trick cars and always has new packs and motors every race and man if he wasn't so politically savvy and helping out the other racers with gear the jealous crows would've pecked him to death by now. Now he just happens to be the fastest fool out there but I got so tired of hearing all the hating on how he was cheating, how he was only winning cause he gets trick stuff, how he wasn't really buying his stuff he had hook-ups with the factories...yadda yadda.

If a guy spends a lot and can't drive - so what. Help him. If a guy spends a lot and can drive -so what - help him. We're all racers it's not who spends the most that wins (not in nitro as least) but some (like me), just like to try different things and be as prepared as possible.

People call me crazy all the time because I spend on RC until I educate them I'm still spending less than a quarter what I used to spend racing motorcycles and don't have to worry about my daughter pushing me around in a wheelchair while I'm at it Just race and have fun and be there for eachother - no point in getting caught up in who has what gear.
I concur...

Hey Patella who's that guy leading the points in the MSRA series?? Good job man, I checked out their website, looks like a real nice parking lot facility...
Old 10-30-2002, 03:55 PM   #4901
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
I concur...

Hey Patella who's that guy leading the points in the MSRA series?? Good job man, I checked out their website, looks like a real nice parking lot facility...
thanks man. I'm leading currently but I only started winning over the veterans the last half of the season, I was getting thoroughly roasted earlier in the year struggling to make the A. Once I decided to sell off all the NTC3 and reflex and focus on kyosho I improved rapidly. After the race drops are included though the best I could realistically finish is 2nd unless the guy who has ruled the class the past few years has serious mishaps in the final races. Even then it will be tough because i'm going to skip some club races in favor of regionals.

MSRA is a very good club for a parking lot setup. It is a pretty good group of guys and it's actually gotten better since those pictures on the website. We've got a new place to race and 280 foot more pipe for the track so we might be able to add 235's or 1/8 next year
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:29 PM   #4902
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
thanks man. I'm leading currently but I only started winning over the veterans the last half of the season, I was getting thoroughly roasted earlier in the year struggling to make the A. Once I decided to sell off all the NTC3 and reflex and focus on kyosho I improved rapidly. After the race drops are included though the best I could realistically finish is 2nd unless the guy who has ruled the class the past few years has serious mishaps in the final races. Even then it will be tough because i'm going to skip some club races in favor of regionals.

MSRA is a very good club for a parking lot setup. It is a pretty good group of guys and it's actually gotten better since those pictures on the website. We've got a new place to race and 280 foot more pipe for the track so we might be able to add 235's or 1/8 next year
1/8th scale too, ahhh, you'll be all set then my MRX-3 brother! Make me proud and kick some booty the rest of the year, and I'll start making sacrifices to the R/C gods (don't laugh Sydewynder and HAG!) for you to put some bad juju on your competition!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:25 PM   #4903
Tech Regular

im jus curious, does OS make any engines that are able to compete with RB's, Novarossi, mugen/nova, etc?

btw, sg shaft/serpent shaft/pilot shaft, all the same thing? or all slightly different? I have an RBX12 with a serpent shaft.

Last edited by calimassive; 10-30-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:28 PM   #4904
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

nope
not sure about the new "outlaw" os12tr, it has 5ports and is configured to accpet trbo style plugs, i imagine it would be quite fast, but not up to novarossi standards. the os12tr i feel is great for a club level, but once u set into a regional or worl championship level, it becomes harder to win with an os12tr cause os sacrifices speed for reliability and durability. hope that helped

Last edited by asd; 10-30-2002 at 07:49 PM.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:23 PM   #4905
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Don't want the hassle of packing and shipping stuff and worrying about whether the buyer is honest and will send money.
I don't have the hobby store hook up like you where you can just drop off your stuff and do nothing and get a fat azz roll of cash.
As far as droping off something I wan't to sell, yes it is true I do nothing but I also get a store credit and If I want a fat azz roll of cash I have to give up 20%

So would you like me to take some of your stuff down there ??
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote