R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2002, 03:24 AM   #4846
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
You don't want me to drag up that old post do you?

we have 162 pages you need to go thru for AB's post.................

Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:11 AM   #4847
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Dude I was sad today. I looked like I was blind or going through withdrawal symptoms. Guess that's what I get for racing electrics all summer and not remembering how the nitro handles. As a matter of fact I should've run the XXXS instead.

Too bad about your tank and belt. I thought I sucked the fuel out of your tank instead of topping you off when you ran dry.

As for the wheel thing, it seems to happen only when I race with you. I swear I didn't touch your car this time or any other previous times.
Sydewynder: This is off topic, I haven't been able to pick Rossetti's brain yet on his basic parking lot setup for the XXXS... however I loved his soft setup posted at the Losi site for the Elite Hobbies race a few weeks ago The only change I made was switching to overdrive instead of under. (I ran an 8x2 and the overdrive almost felt like a one-way on the sweepers and got rid of the low speed push I was getting with the underdrive setup!)Great car, too bad it's electric...
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:10 PM   #4848
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Sydewynder: This is off topic, I haven't been able to pick Rossetti's brain yet on his basic parking lot setup for the XXXS... however I loved his soft setup posted at the Losi site for the Elite Hobbies race a few weeks ago The only change I made was switching to overdrive instead of under. (I ran an 8x2 and the overdrive almost felt like a one-way on the sweepers and got rid of the low speed push I was getting with the underdrive setup!)Great car, too bad it's electric...
Thanks for keeping me updated.

Electrics can be fun. I'm waiting for my 5 turn brushless.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:10 PM   #4849
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Dude I was sad today. I looked like I was blind or going through withdrawal symptoms. Guess that's what I get for racing electrics all summer and not remembering how the nitro handles. As a matter of fact I should've run the XXXS instead.

Too bad about your tank and belt. I thought I sucked the fuel out of your tank instead of topping you off when you ran dry.

As for the wheel thing, it seems to happen only when I race with you. I swear I didn't touch your car this time or any other previous times.
Well maybe I should not leave the pit table to BS with others any more aww the wheel fell off during morning warm ups , wile I was trying to get a decent tune.

As for the electrics, your shiumocher looked good on the track, as for driving the mtx, you may need to play with it more often, but I thought you where gonna sell it
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:13 PM   #4850
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
oh you naughty nut. you want to come into this game again and again !
looks like uncle moon likes to see some good verbal sparing to keep him entertained
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #4851
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Has anyone tried the PROLINE crowd pleaser shell yet, I just orderd one from Speed Tech and was looking for some feed back on how it handles
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:43 PM   #4852
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 326
Default

Im still waiting for the MTX-3 bandwagon to start. I almost jumped on it, but i think I like the V1-RR too much, and of course the MTX-3 is yet to be street tested by the masses. Hopefully the V1-RR can keep pace. Its such a beautiful car. The only thing that bugs is that parts are only avaliable through tower hobbies and im a bit miffed that it didnt come with some extras such as a carbon upper deck, lower cg engine mounts/small fly wheel, lower cg fuel tank, just little details like that, but other than that, its such a beautiful car. I guess im just whining... sorry.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:46 PM   #4853
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
Im still waiting for the MTX-3 bandwagon to start. I almost jumped on it, but i think I like the V1-RR too much, and of course the MTX-3 is yet to be street tested by the masses. Hopefully the V1-RR can keep pace. Its such a beautiful car. The only thing that bugs is that parts are only avaliable through tower hobbies and im a bit miffed that it didnt come with some extras such as a carbon upper deck, lower cg engine mounts/small fly wheel, lower cg fuel tank, just little details like that, but other than that, its such a beautiful car. I guess im just whining... sorry.
Go ahead and whine

Now we all know what your gonna do with some extra pocket change you get
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:55 PM   #4854
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 326
Default

No im sticking to the V1-rr, I only got it like a month ago and love it. No need to get the MTX-3, its an endless cycle, and who's to say that the MTX-3 will even be better? I was just a little pissed cause Kyosho didnt include some of those little extras that i mentioned. What do you guys think? Any thoughts as to wether the MTX-3 will be significantly better? I doubt it for some reason.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:14 PM   #4855
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
looks like uncle moon likes to see some good verbal sparing to keep him entertained
its your call!! i will keep watching here !

are you running solid rear and front oneway now?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:22 AM   #4856
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
No im sticking to the V1-rr, I only got it like a month ago and love it. No need to get the MTX-3, its an endless cycle, and who's to say that the MTX-3 will even be better? I was just a little pissed cause Kyosho didnt include some of those little extras that i mentioned. What do you guys think? Any thoughts as to wether the MTX-3 will be significantly better? I doubt it for some reason.
Why would the MTX-3 not perform better as in the Serpent 705 is better than the Impulse PRO?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:50 AM   #4857
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Has anyone tried the PROLINE crowd pleaser shell yet, I just orderd one from Speed Tech and was looking for some feed back on how it handles
Yes I have this shell. And I destroyed it in one night

As for handling, well seems to have good low speed steering, and reasonable high speed steering.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:50 AM   #4858
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 326
Default

uhhh dude, Initial D, i meant the MTX-3 peforming better than the V1rr which are suppose to be comparable cars(because they are both the "next" generations of the V1r and MTX-2 respectively), the previous generation of the MTX-3 was the MTX-2 obviously(the "next generation" may not be totally accurate, cause some may consider it a complete redesign, but im merely reffering to the fact that its after the MTX-2), and obviously its gonna perform better than that previous generation car, but my quasi rhetorical question was, wether it would out perform the V1rr. You missed that obviously.

Last edited by calimassive; 10-29-2002 at 02:55 AM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:16 AM   #4859
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

As for the which is best issue about the cars I have never seen a chassis make any real difference as long as it is pivot ball. I have added a whole bunch of hopups on to my V1RR and really most of them dont make you any quicker.

The MTX3 while a great looking car is very unlikely to wipe the floor with a V1RR given equal drivers.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 06:02 AM   #4860
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 326
Default

Yeah, I agree AMG,,, its just me wondering out loud...

I love my V1RR.



So AMG, you mean u've never seen an aftermarket chassis on a V1R ever really make a real difference?

BTW, doesnt an aftermarket chassis also change the geometry of the suspension? I'm assuming this is not nessacarially a good thing. So should I just stick to the stock V1rr chassis? The Kawahara one looks nice, but maybe its not really worth it?

Last edited by calimassive; 10-29-2002 at 06:22 AM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net