R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-27-2002, 07:20 PM   #4831
Tech Adept

Is anyone running the rear floating body mount with a sedan body? I was considering converting mine, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it without a lola style body.

Thanks
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:04 PM   #4832
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: V-one-RR Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i was racing the other day and had to turn my 2 speed set scres out 51/2 turns! i was running a negative diff. could the clutch in the diff effect the 2 speed engaging? ie; the diff clutch slipping???
I also run the neg diff an have my 2 speed at 2 1/2 to 3 turns. It is much more likely to be wear on the 2 speed shoes or incorrect centax adjustment.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:05 PM   #4833
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO
Is anyone running the rear floating body mount with a sedan body? I was considering converting mine, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it without a lola style body.

Thanks
All the guys who have RRs are running sedan bodies with the floating mount, they seem to be running just as fast as before
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:16 PM   #4834
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

I wen't and raced my car today, and I have to tell you it was good and bad.

I set the early TQ with 19 5:02 in 1st qualifier
then in the second I ran out of fuel with 42 seconds left and was on pace to do a 20 lapper, so I check the car out and didnt notice anything unusual, went and turn marshaled, then when I came back I noticed the bottom of the chassis was soaked with fuel
So I filled up the tank and did a little presure test,low and behold a leak from the seem, back to the hobby shop to get a new tank.
3rd qualifer with about 30 sec left I am in the lead and about to set a personl best and new TQ the rr tire comes flying off oh well

Main qualified 3rd got a great hole shot and was in 2nd and pushing the leader, lost the car going into the sweeper and hit the wall, it seemed funny because the car never pushed like that before, well got righted and was on my was again, when I noticed the car was spinning dougnuts when I tried to power through the turns, so I pulled the car and found that my problem was a busted front belt so there goes my race,
Oh well maybe in a couple of weeks
Oh yea sydewynder finished in 4th
Old 10-27-2002, 10:27 PM   #4835
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

then in the second I ran out of fuel with 42 seconds left and was on pace to do a 20 lapper, so I check the car out and didnt notice anything unusual, went and turn marshaled, then when I came back I noticed the bottom of the chassis was soaked with fuel
So I filled up the tank and did a little presure test,low and behold a leak from the seem, back to the hobby shop to get a new tank.
3rd qualifer with about 30 sec left I am in the lead and about to set a personl best and new TQ the rr tire comes flying off oh well

Main qualified 3rd got a great hole shot and was in 2nd and pushing the leader, lost the car going into the sweeper and hit the wall, it seemed funny because the car never pushed like that before, well got righted and was on my was again, when I noticed the car was spinning dougnuts when I tried to power through the turns, so I pulled the car and found that my problem was a busted front belt so there goes my race,
Good job guys! That's strange about the tank. For some reason, I've had a hard time keeping my wheels on, too. Resorted to locktite.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:30 PM   #4836
Tech Master

Kev: thanks for the tip on the RD pipe I like its performance on a small track
Old 10-28-2002, 02:07 AM   #4837
Tech Elite

Quote:
All the guys who have RRs are running sedan bodies with the floating mount, they seem to be running just as fast as before
You know what I think about this.

I won't even go into what AMGRacer said to me earlier this year about how he can't compress the suspension when you push down on the mount. What was he smoking?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:13 AM   #4838
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

I won't even go into what AMGRacer said to me earlier this year about how he can't compress the suspension when you push down on the mount. What was he smoking?
Heheheh I never said you cannot compress it, just that it is harder by a noticable amount. And the amount of downforce generated by a sedan body will be a heck of a lot less than the force you will exert with your hand.

Actually the main difference that I have noticed with the rear conversion on a sedan is that you get less rear chassis touching at high speeds (sparks are gone) and in a straight line the car feels more planted. No big deal basically.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:15 AM   #4839
Tech Master

Default re-two speed/centax

OK I started at 3 turns and went out to 4 turns and no upshift.
The centax was cutting in late compared to what I would deem to be normal on a conventional clutch set-up. On inspecting the two-speed shoes there had definately been rotation. If the centax was cutting in too late, could the two speed be trying to engage
off the line so to speak? Ive had no previous experience with centaxs so any information would be great guys.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:19 AM   #4840
Tech Elite

Quote:

Dude I was sad today. I looked like I was blind or going through withdrawal symptoms. Guess that's what I get for racing electrics all summer and not remembering how the nitro handles. As a matter of fact I should've run the XXXS instead.

Too bad about your tank and belt. I thought I sucked the fuel out of your tank instead of topping you off when you ran dry.

As for the wheel thing, it seems to happen only when I race with you. I swear I didn't touch your car this time or any other previous times.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:23 AM   #4841
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Heheheh I never said you cannot compress it, just that it is harder by a noticable amount. And the amount of downforce generated by a sedan body will be a heck of a lot less than the force you will exert with your hand.

Actually the main difference that I have noticed with the rear conversion on a sedan is that you get less rear chassis touching at high speeds (sparks are gone) and in a straight line the car feels more planted. No big deal basically.
You don't want me to drag up that old post do you?

It was a one liner that went like this.

"I can't compress it when I push on the mount."

Yes I remember everything AB. hehehe
Old 10-28-2002, 02:28 AM   #4842
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Good job guys! That's strange about the tank. For some reason, I've had a hard time keeping my wheels on, too. Resorted to locktite.
Thanks Kevin but it was actually quite embarassing today. I had to resort to yelling at myself on the driver stand.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:36 AM   #4843
Tech Elite

Quote:
You don't want me to drag up that old post do you?

It was a one liner that went like this.

"I can't compress it when I push on the mount."

Yes I remember everything AB. hehehe
If thats the case I must have been on something
Old 10-28-2002, 03:21 AM   #4844
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:

oh you naughty nut. you want to come into this game again and again !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 03:23 AM   #4845
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
As for the wheel thing, it seems to happen only when I race with you. I swear I didn't touch your car this time or any other previous times.

cross fingers !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote