R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-25-2002, 09:04 PM   #4816
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default Re: Kawahara Negative Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Tried the negative diff with 100 weight (Trinity) at Revelation last weekend, and it works well. I don't feel the extra rotating mass that much, but noticed, as was stated earlier, that I could get on the throttle sooner in the corners and the car didn't push on power as much as my gear diff with 5000 weight. I also like how the diff doesn't unload on power when one tire gets off the ground, like on a corner dot. I'll also try 10,000 weight in the gear diff soon, not to mention the active diff also. So much to mess with!
You should try that set up on a smaller track, It kicks ass

I am running 3000 mugen oil in my diff and a one way, I am getting great results in the infield portion at DELTA as long as I don't hit anything
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:54 PM   #4817
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default Re: Re: Kawahara Negative Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
You should try that set up on a smaller track, It kicks ass

I am running 3000 mugen oil in my diff and a one way, I am getting great results in the infield portion at DELTA as long as I don't hit anything

awww helll. Just when i thought I had tried all useful hop-ups I needed to try on the V1R now you guys got me ready to reverse course and splurge on another expensive part oh well, negative diff here I come.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:43 PM   #4818
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Negative Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
awww helll. Just when i thought I had tried all useful hop-ups I needed to try on the V1R now you guys got me ready to reverse course and splurge on another expensive part oh well, negative diff here I come.
There are always more useful hop ups for under 100$
Old 10-25-2002, 10:46 PM   #4819
Tech Master

Patella- What engine are you running this month and how does it compare to the other 4 or 5 you have tried
Old 10-25-2002, 11:35 PM   #4820
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

The neg diff is "nice" but the solid rear axle is "nicer"!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:21 AM   #4821
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Patella- What engine are you running this month and how does it compare to the other 4 or 5 you have tried
funny you should ask - I just broke in the STS mod last night and will break-in a sirio today. I'll let you know. The STS felt promising.

Right now I'm thinking the j-tech pixie is the strongest legal engine of the ones I've tried. I've started leaning the bottom and it's all there trying to work with the powerband on this engine though - it's a tricky one. If I had a high traction track it would be a great engine.

Still - putting a mega .15 outlaw pipe (along with RB carb) on that collari 5 port woke up a sleeping giant. That thing was still yanking all over the place on a small track with 18/22 pinions - I don't know if I just hit on a perfect tune or what but that's the fastest .12 I've driven hands down. I wish ROAR would change the crappy rules so I could run the darn thing. It's in the pit box now.

I just sent the piston/sleeve to osrocket on a jp ts1 to see what I'd get out of it. The compression wasn't down, and the engine wasn't old, for 20 bucks I just wanted to see cause it didn't seem to me the jp was anything special at all. Came back very tight but after a few tanks it is ripping much better.

I will say this though, after spending a little intimate time with the Mrs. Mrx - ALL THEM .12's are MOLASSES!!!!!!!!!!
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #4822
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

Quote:
funny you should ask - I just broke in the STS mod last night and will break-in a sirio today. I'll let you know. The STS felt promising.

Right now I'm thinking the j-tech pixie is the strongest legal engine of the ones I've tried. I've started leaning the bottom and it's all there trying to work with the powerband on this engine though - it's a tricky one. If I had a high traction track it would be a great engine.

Still - putting a mega .15 outlaw pipe (along with RB carb) on that collari 5 port woke up a sleeping giant. That thing was still yanking all over the place on a small track with 18/22 pinions - I don't know if I just hit on a perfect tune or what but that's the fastest .12 I've driven hands down. I wish ROAR would change the crappy rules so I could run the darn thing. It's in the pit box now.

I just sent the piston/sleeve to osrocket on a jp ts1 to see what I'd get out of it. The compression wasn't down, and the engine wasn't old, for 20 bucks I just wanted to see cause it didn't seem to me the jp was anything special at all. Came back very tight but after a few tanks it is ripping much better.

I will say this though, after spending a little intimate time with the Mrs. Mrx - ALL THEM .12's are MOLASSES!!!!!!!!!!
good to hear the STS felt "promising". i've run only out 5 tanks of bt 20% and it seems to just scream. and plus, i'm running it so rich, that when i do the spit test the spit jus sits there, no dancing or anything. i can even lift the car by the heatsink and not get burned one little bit. cant wait to lean this little moster out

Last edited by asd; 10-26-2002 at 11:29 AM.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:26 PM   #4823
Tech Master

Quote:

I was gonna ask if ya got that 1/8th yet.

the track I race at doesnt go by any definate rules, more of run what ya brung
I have a OS TR Richey Modified "one of the last he did" runs awsome, but is nothing like my MS evo4 .15bb in my Impact, was thinking on getting an 1/8th myself as well but I am waiting to see what the track owner does, he might be building an 1/8th track
If he does I am there
Old 10-27-2002, 02:19 AM   #4824
Tech Master

Default V-one-RR Questions

Hey guys a couple of questions....

Ive just finished running in my Zac Project os12-tr in my new rr and a couple of small questions have arisen.

re-2 speed, the book says 3 turns out and adjust to track conditions for the shoe springs, Ive gone to 4 and no up-change
is happening, can you guys give me some idea of what your running as a baseline?

re-overdriven front, this is basically designed for foam tires therefore is there any advantage in using it with rubber tyres or should I change to a 27 tooth pulley when using them?

Man these cars rock, with the Zac OS this thing is a projectile!

Thanx Bros

GT

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (75.2 KB, 70 views)
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:28 AM   #4825
Tech Elite

Default Re: V-one-RR Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
Hey guys a couple of questions....

Ive just finished running in my Zac Project os12-tr in my new rr and a couple of small questions have arisen.

re-2 speed, the book says 3 turns out and adjust to track conditions for the shoe springs, Ive gone to 4 and no up-change
is happening, can you guys give me some idea of what your running as a baseline?

re-overdriven front, this is basically designed for foam tires therefore is there any advantage in using it with rubber tyres or should I change to a 27 tooth pulley when using them?

Man these cars rock, with the Zac OS this thing is a projectile!

Thanx Bros

GT

On the 2 speed 2.5 to 3 turns works fine for me. I use an assortment of Novarossi and a OS TR with this setting. Check the setscrew on the 2nd gear holder is tight on the shaft flatspot.

Overdrive and rubber tires = terrible handling.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:02 AM   #4826
Tech Regular

What low CG fuel tank will fit in the VoneRR? The k factory one and the Trinity reflex one, right? Which one is better? Is there even a point in changing the stock one? Is performance noticably improved with a lower CG tank?
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:03 AM   #4827
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: V-one-RR Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
On the 2 speed 2.5 to 3 turns works fine for me. I use an assortment of Novarossi and a OS TR with this setting. Check the setscrew on the 2nd gear holder is tight on the shaft flatspot.

i was racing the other day and had to turn my 2 speed set scres out 51/2 turns! i was running a negative diff. could the clutch in the diff effect the 2 speed engaging? ie; the diff clutch slipping???
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:20 AM   #4828
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
What low CG fuel tank will fit in the VoneRR? The k factory one and the Trinity reflex one, right? Which one is better? Is there even a point in changing the stock one? Is performance noticably improved with a lower CG tank?
k factory is the stuff that is on the trinity car.

just lower the stock tank. take out the servo plastic thingy thats at the front of the tank and get some longer screws with bolts and attach the servo this way.

the tank ends up sitting flush with the top deck. see that gap from the tank mould to the top deck? that's how much lower you can lower the stock tank.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:21 AM   #4829
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

hey guys, would anyone like to scan me the pages of the v one RR manual that deals with the front body mounts(because i want to try using a lola body)? thxs in advance
u can e-mail me here [email protected]
or u can jus post it on the forum if its easier, any help would be greatly appreciated
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #4830
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
The neg diff is "nice" but the solid rear axle is "nicer"!!!!
Undoubtedly more acceleration but harder to drive in the tight corners. I've been running a solid for a while.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote