R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-18-2002, 06:59 AM   #4756
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Guess who the fast guy in this movie clip is?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rc

file - moon.avi
Good movie.
Copy & paste a few frames to the end so you get a full lap of vision and then play it in loop mode.
Watch for about five minutes and you will notice that Manticore is an extremely consistent driver.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:16 AM   #4757
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by deeno_x
Where can i get info about j=tech?
any website?

I think he has a website but I have no idea what the url is. If he does I doubt it's updated. This guy is all engines - he's not much into computers I gather. He used to be a boat racer/tuner and has been doing car engines for a while now. Word of mouth really is how I've heard of him. He also makes and distributes a Jtech fuel. Send [email protected] an email for more info.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:46 AM   #4758
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
I think he has a website but I have no idea what the url is. If he does I doubt it's updated. This guy is all engines - he's not much into computers I gather. He used to be a boat racer/tuner and has been doing car engines for a while now. Word of mouth really is how I've heard of him. He also makes and distributes a Jtech fuel. Send [email protected] an email for more info.
I don't think he has one. Anyway, for everyone else's information, he was the one who did the engines for the Ralph and Brian at the ROAR Nats.

I wondered if the mods he did was on an already tuned MS NovaMega...

Also don't know if they ran the J-Tech engine at the recent worlds... Anybody knows?

Word has it that the Rody tuned RB (the one Mark used) gives fantastic power. But VERY limited in quantities...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:51 AM   #4759
Tech Master

actually what I heard was that The rossi tuned sirio in Cyrul's car was faster down the str8 than pavidis' RB car at the worlds. Cyrul had the fastest top speeds. Given that the RB was in a tc3 and sirio in a belt car - that says a lot to me.

Not sure what you're getting at by asking is Jtech tuning an already tuned engine. lol. If you're doubting this guys engines welll....lol....go ahead.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:44 AM   #4760
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Not sure what you're getting at by asking is Jtech tuning an already tuned engine. lol. If you're doubting this guys engines welll....lol....go ahead.
No, I think you got me wrong here. I don't doubt Jason's work. I think they are fantastic piece of art.

The point I was getting to was did Jason mod an MS tuned NovaMega during the Nats for Ralph and Brian? That was the first question.

The other was did both of them use the same J-Tech engine for the worlds? The indication I got was that they were running NovaMega MS tuned during the worlds. No mention of J-Tech. I could be wrong.

BTW putting both engine comparisons aside, both cars can accelerate at a same pace on a same engine, given a belted car or a shaft driven one. This was evidenced at the worlds. Even if the Sirio was in Mark's NTC3 and it was faster on the straights, I would attribute it to the engine. Not because it was shaft driven.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:58 AM   #4761
Tech Master

I think Jtech only did Brian Berry's engine at the nats - I don't think he did Ralph's because Ralph had to run a certain engine. Same thing at the worlds. I don't think either of them ran jtech - jtech is not a big company that sponsors these guys. Ralph is a better driver than Berry but word was that Berry's car was faster than ralph's in speed at the nats. I think Jtech only did the the dished piston on ralph's car - which is really an Art Carbonell invention. Those guys would run Jtech fuel if they had their choice but they have to run a certain fuel.

Now on that accelerate thing - I don't know if it was proven at the worlds that belt is as quick as shaft because none of the top belt cars were running the same engine as the ntc3's. Baker TQ'd with a picco, but Cyrul had the fastest speeds with a sirio. Whose to say what baker's speed would have been with a sirio?

From personal exp. I know I put the same engine in a ntc3 that was in my kyosho and it was noticeably faster. Maybe some of that was weight, and maybe my drive train wasn't as free in the v1r then, but it was such a noticeable difference.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:48 PM   #4762
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Good movie.
Copy & paste a few frames to the end so you get a full lap of vision and then play it in loop mode.
Watch for about five minutes and you will notice that Manticore is an extremely consistent driver.
If you had seen the short video clip of Michael Salven driving the 705 (downloadable from mytsn) at the recent worlds, you'll also be amazed at how he handles the car with speed and fluidity of going round turns and corners. I bet the other drivers also possesed the same finesse.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:42 PM   #4763
rjl
Tech Fanatic

ASD you need VZ-080 and VZ-081. Or rear rims with 2mm offset.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:43 PM   #4764
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

alright rjl thxs, but would i really be losing that much traction if i went with 26mm rears?
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 07:35 PM   #4765
Tech Master

rjl how did you fair at the nats? Learn anything new about the car?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:53 PM   #4766
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
alright rjl thxs, but would i really be losing that much traction if i went with 26mm rears?
In a word NO
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:06 PM   #4767
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

ok, thxs
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:26 PM   #4768
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I learned that overdrive is really only suitable for short races, not much good over 15 mins. the rear tyres would need to be too large. I'm not happy with my result and don't want to talk about it.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:30 PM   #4769
Tech Apprentice

Default 4 stroke super ten

i know this is offtopic but i need some help,i bought a superten with a 4stroke enine but the engine instructions are in japanese,how do you break in these engines ,what type of fuel do you use and anybody has a good starting set up for this car

any help will be very much appreciatted thanks
kaozzlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 12:48 AM   #4770
Tech Elite

Quote:
From personal exp. I know I put the same engine in a ntc3 that was in my kyosho and it was noticeably faster. Maybe some of that was weight, and maybe my drive train wasn't as free in the v1r then, but it was such a noticeable difference.
Here is something fun I did today My driveway into my house is sloped. I got a friends NTC3 with rubber 24mm tires and my Kyosho with 26mm and 30mm foam tires and put them at the top and let them both go at the same time, no pushing.

Well the NTC3 immediately began its descent and pulled around 30 cm (1 foot for you imperial guys) on my Kyosho before it even began to move. Then the Kyosho started moving and at that point keep even pace with the NTC3. So it basically took longer to get rolling, but then kept pace with the NTC3 under the acceleration power of gravity. Also I think the foams on mine probably hung it up a bit.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote