Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Manticore's secret pass move is to "scream" up to 2 EPs down the straight........find a gap that is 2 inches wider than his car and "inbetween" the two EPs......just before the end of the striaght....... "DIVE" into the gap.....scared the sh!t out of me anyway....I thought that was going to be the end of my Xray!!!!
damn it, i didnt hit the ribbit !
Old 10-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
the age of stealth technology !!
Fly low and avoid the radar! I just make sure to touch ground in front of the transponder line!
Old 10-10-2002, 02:46 PM
RC
Tech Apprentice

Response from an RR owner please:

In an attempt to convert the front body mount from R spec to RR spec, I would like to use the Integy front plate shown below. The stock parts tree is a month out from Tower and not in any of my lhs.

Question is; the Integy plate apears to be flat with no provision for the 45' transition to bolt to the front bulkhead. From pictures I've seen, the stock RR mount is a one piece deal that bolts to bulhead then angles down. I can't figuer how the Integy piece is supposed to attach to the bulkhead. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-t3744.jpg  
Old 10-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC
Response from an RR owner please:

In an attempt to convert the front body mount from R spec to RR spec, I would like to use the Integy front plate shown below. The stock parts tree is a month out from Tower and not in any of my lhs.

Question is; the Integy plate apears to be flat with no provision for the 45' transition to bolt to the front bulkhead. From pictures I've seen, the stock RR mount is a one piece deal that bolts to bulhead then angles down. I can't figuer how the Integy piece is supposed to attach to the bulkhead. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Best I can figure is that it attaches over the top of the standard lola body mount. The Lola body mount has two little body posts which attach to it and there are two spacers under these mounts. It may replace these spacers and "stiffen" the standard body mount. Without any other hardware being supplied there is no other obvious use for it.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Data
Bottom line is that the clutches will engage only when the right axial spins, either it is spinning by itself or it is spinning along with the diff.
Yep I totally agree. From my rather limited understanding of the Japanese instructions which come with the diff it is not intended to prevent wheelspin in any way. Purely by the way it is designed it may prevent the right wheel spinning, but this is clearly not its design goal as there is no clutch on the left wheel.

Long story short I really like it and it adds stability to the rear of my car (and Sparksys). But it is not going to make a huge difference to your lap times, mayby a few tenths.

EDIT: I think it is actually quite useful for slippery tracks where you cannot use a solid rear or even stiff rear diff oil because the car will oversteer on power. On these tracks you have to use a light rear diff oil generally and it can cost you punch out of the corner. In this case you can use the light diff oil with the negative diff and retain quite good punch.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 10-10-2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default graphite plate

RC:
You can either attach the graphite plate on front or back of the stock plastic plate,but for your conversion you still need the kyosho plate 'cause the integy'one lacks the 45 degree mounts,that mount in the front bulkhead.

hope this will help you
Old 10-10-2002, 04:38 PM
RC
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the input AMG & Kaozz.

Looks like I'm stuck untill Microsoft.... Sorry, I mean Tower Hobbies gets some more in.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone have a good setup for Med traction asphalt with Rubber tires ?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Just a FYI guys. I actually have seen a V1RR "Rubber Tire Version". Comes in the same box with a red and white sticker on the side. Apparently it comes with "35V rubber tires" whatever they are.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:57 PM
asd
Tech Addict

yup
thats the one i have
Old 10-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spooky
Anyone have a good setup for Med traction asphalt with Rubber tires ?

Thanks
Well almost impossible to say without looking and driving there. General rubber tire guidelines (from my experiences anyhow).

1. The V1R seems to like the front and rear tires being the same compound and using the same insert, or at least close. In the "olden days" you used to use harder inserts in front and softer in rear. You don't have to do this with the V1R, but of course it is still a useful tuning tool. As for what tires, go to the track and ask around. You will save a whole bunch of money this way.
2. I would start with the black springs front and rear.
3. Keep camber to a minimum, 0 to 1 degrees initially and tune from there.
4. Try around 3 degree rear toe initially and 0 toe in the front.
5. Try around 5mm ride height front and rear.
6. Stick with front and rear gear diffs with the stock oil.

Try this as a starting point and tune from there.............
Old 10-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Best I can figure is that it attaches over the top of the standard lola body mount. The Lola body mount has two little body posts which attach to it and there are two spacers under these mounts. It may replace these spacers and "stiffen" the standard body mount. Without any other hardware being supplied there is no other obvious use for it.
It just goes on underneath the body mount plate, stiffening the whole piece overall.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks AMG for that info, I maybe should of gotten the rubber version being that im a newbie, but that's ok, I didnt know there was a rubber version and I'll do fine with a front one way as long as I take it slow, I think. I'll find out this weekend.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
It just goes on underneath the body mount plate, stiffening the whole piece overall.
Is it just me or is this the biggest scam in history? Why the heck do you need to stiffen this part Plus if you attach it to the bottom you cannot win the "bench racing" cometition for who has the most hopup parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.