Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-07-2001, 03:14 AM   #451
Tech Regular

Sickeningly impressive Nitro Dave......... i wish my engine would arrive
opel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 03:40 AM   #452
Tech Elite

This is my favourite.

I though you weren't meant to use positive toe in the rear??
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 03:52 AM   #453
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
This is my favourite.

I though you weren't meant to use positive toe in the rear??
nope nope, its latest design. 4WS !!!!!!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 03:53 AM   #454
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro dave
Finally got a pic of my car. That day was the first day i ran the Picco. i'll get some side shots soon.

but it looks like a novarossi head, isnt it?
Old 11-07-2001, 03:59 AM   #455
Tech Elite

Hey Nitro Dave what gives with the fuel filter on the pressure line? How come you have less foam than rim?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 05:49 AM   #456
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey Nitro Dave what gives with the fuel filter on the pressure line? How come you have less foam than rim?
i put the filter on to stop any crap from getting into the fuel. i know the tank has one built in but just in case

at moorebank, less tire is the best tire. ive run brand new tires (prolines) and either traction rolled or chucked them halfway through the day. after truing them down, i found they gripped better, and belive it or not...last longer. these tires i buy off a guy that races at moorebank, he glues and trues used foam from 1/8 wheels. most people there seem to like them so i tried them and found they work great. i buy a full set (2 pairs) cheaper than a pair of prolines or GRP's etc. he glues them in the middle to stop the foam from chuncking in a hard corner etc

manticore - i'll get a side view soon, it looks like a nova but the picco head colour is alot more "pink" in colour. btw - my ugly mug is in there somewhere
Old 11-07-2001, 07:06 AM   #457
Tech Champion

Dave, what is that thing sticked to the side of your steering servo?
Old 11-07-2001, 07:07 AM   #458
Tech Champion

Dave, the track where you guys race is great !! what is the lap time from the fastest driver?
Old 11-07-2001, 09:40 AM   #459
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

You guys with your online pics are making me jealous! I'm going to be taking my car out to one of our local tracks here in the SF Bay Area, California USA and I'm going to take some pics too and post them online! We run lots of hopped up V-One R's here locally too, since some of the local shops have been importing and stocking up on all the latest parts (I'm waiting right now for the new Kawahara diff to come into the shop...the owner Eric Vasutin of CASTLE HOBBIES had a bunch coming up but most are reserved for magazine shoots, etc.).

By the ways that track in Oz rocks! I want to go and fly and race a track in another country one day, but with the situation with airports and planes and security here in the USA, they might think my pistol grip radio is a gun and confiscate it :P .
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 09:45 AM   #460
Tech Regular

Here is the pic of the track I'll be racing on this Saturday. We'll be having nighttime races here.

Old 11-07-2001, 05:21 PM   #461
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo
Here is the pic of the track I'll be racing on this Saturday. We'll be having nighttime races here.

Cool track! how about lap time you guy is making?
Old 11-07-2001, 07:48 PM   #462
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Manticore - that orange thing sticking out the side is a throttle fail safe. ive pulled it of now cause it drains too much batt power and i dont think it works very well either. its saved me once but failed to work about 5 times. ive replaced it with a battery meter which drains less power and is more useful.

at that track, the quickest lap time for a 1/8 car is low 15's. the quickest for a 1/10 is low 18's and my quickest is 22. Ive only raced there a couple of times with the v-one r and hopefully will get better after a few more runs.

adelmundo - man i'd love to have a speed run around that oval, whats the surface like, high traction?
Old 11-07-2001, 07:52 PM   #463
Tech Champion

Quote:
Manticore - that orange thing sticking out the side is a throttle fail safe. ive pulled it of now cause it drains too much batt power and i dont think it works very well either. its saved me once but failed to work about 5 times. ive replaced it with a battery meter which drains less power and is more useful.

at that track, the quickest lap time for a 1/8 car is low 15's. the quickest for a 1/10 is low 18's and my quickest is 22. Ive only raced there a couple of times with the v-one r and hopefully will get better after a few more runs.

adelmundo - man i'd love to have a speed run around that oval, whats the surface like, high traction?
in old day like 20 years ago when we ran our 1/8 we run on oval!! no track but only two dot for the oval mark !
Old 11-07-2001, 08:00 PM   #464
Tech Regular

Quote:

The surface is very good when it's prepped on race days. However when the track is not prepped and especially during the spring and early summer, lots of pollen and dust get on the track since their is a hill with alot of vegetation next to the track and a huge grass baseball field next to the track as well. which makes it quite slippery. Unfortunately, the only thing they can spray for traction compound is rootbeer since the track is on Government property (owned by Contra Costa County since it's on the Contra Costa Fairgrounds here in California), so they aren't allowed to spray "toxic" chemicals like VHT since the rain drains go into the San Francisco Bay. But the place gets pretty hot their especially during the summer months, so traction is really not a problem there. Foams run GREAT there (I run Kawahara 35 shore in the rear and 40 shore in the front), and even rubber works very well there too after the track has been blown and power washed and sprayed with rootbeer. Since this is the USA, NASCAR is popular, so many local guys run oval races here. The track has banked corners for th oval guys, but we use part of the bank ovals and the infield for on road racing. I'm not much of an oval guy myself, but I would like to try it with my electric pan car just for kicks.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:04 PM   #465
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo

The surface is very good when it's prepped on race days. However when the track is not prepped and especially during the spring and early summer, lots of pollen and dust get on the track since their is a hill with alot of vegetation next to the track and a huge grass baseball field next to the track as well. which makes it quite slippery. Unfortunately, the only thing they can spray for traction compound is rootbeer since the track is on Government property (owned by Contra Costa County since it's on the Contra Costa Fairgrounds here in California), so they aren't allowed to spray "toxic" chemicals like VHT since the rain drains go into the San Francisco Bay. But the place gets pretty hot their especially during the summer months, so traction is really not a problem there. Foams run GREAT there (I run Kawahara 35 shore in the rear and 40 shore in the front), and even rubber works very well there too after the track has been blown and power washed and sprayed with rootbeer. Since this is the USA, NASCAR is popular, so many local guys run oval races here. The track has banked corners for th oval guys, but we use part of the bank ovals and the infield for on road racing. I'm not much of an oval guy myself, but I would like to try it with my electric pan car just for kicks.
Root beer !! i think you guy love coke more !

great information about the track.