Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Tech Initiate

There is only one asphalt track here in the Dallas Area and that setup you run is what the fast guys are doing. They only race once a month. It's not a permanent track. The only avenue for consistent racing opportunities is unprepared concrete parking lots. Diffs are the best option for rubber tires. I prefer to run foams but I don't have the tracks.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

auto if you live in the Dallas area there are asphalt tracks. I live in AR and often considered moving to Dallas just so I could hit the RC scene there. Finishline raceway in hurst is about 15 minutes from Dallas and they race twice a month on prepared good traction asphalt. The SWCS series hosts 7 races throughout the year and I believe at least 3 are in dallas. The ROAR region 9 championships coming up in a few weeks will be at Texas motor speedway just outside of Dallas. You got it good man
Old 10-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, you are correct about Finishline. Haven't been able to attend there. Last time I went, it got rained out. Its actually 20 mins from me. I do plan to attend the SWCS when it comes to TMS. Should be a great time. Have you raced at Finishline before?
Old 10-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by autotr8er
My experiences with the Negative Diff....Incredible Traction. I recommend it. It's the best $80 I've ever spent. I don't know how you come up with your logic, RC but Um... in a wheelspin situation, you are still putting power down to at least one tire for a second, the clutch shoes on the diff engage only if one of the tires break traction. If you have both going then there is no need for the clutch to engage.

There is one small disadvantage, weight. But a couple of ounces on a 1hp motor is negligible. Accelerate sooner coming into a long straight. The only thing slowing you down at that point is aerodynamics on the body and the top speed of the motor. Does anyone race on a track with a straight longer than 150 ft?

Decide for yourselves, If there wasn't a distinct advantage, Kawahara wouldn't produce it. People wouldn't be buying it either. If you look at the machining, it is top notch and very intensive. A lot of thought went into this little device. It's not for everybody, everyone has a particular driving style. [/B]
The clutch shoes on the neg. diff. engage ONLY when the right wheel spin fast enough. When you punch the car in the middle of a left turn, the right wheel will spin slower initially than the left wheel because of the diff. action. This different in rotating speed on the wheels will cause the car’s rear spin a little and it is noticeable and could cause you the position as RC stated. On a right turn it probably won’t show as much.

A neg. diff. is just like a regular diff. with the addition of a clutch assembly and I don’t see how putting on the neg. diff. will increase the traction over a regular diff. during off power cornering, unless you are talking about on power cornering. But then if you do on power cornering a lot, why not use a solid? Or maybe it is the extra weight you added to the rear with the neg. diff. but I still won’t describe it as “Incredible”.

I think Kawahara produce neg. diff. just to give people more choices. People buying it because it fits their driving style. I drove both the solid and the neg. diff., both work fine to me but I like the solid a little bit more.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm new to the thread, yes, but I have a double major in Mechanical and electrical engineering. I've worked for Ford, Goodyear and Now in the semiconductor industry. 10 years as an engineer. 8 in the automotive industry. I didn't see you 4000 posts. Looks like you are certainly busy here. I meant no disrespect, really. I just can't stand the little punks in here that always have a smart remark without insight to back up their claims.
I am sure there are people in this forum has a couple of degrees like you do and has many more years of engineering experience under their belt, but do you see them rub it on people's face because people don’t agree with them?

You asked Manticore “Do you even read the posts?”, he answered “I have gone thru 4000+ post on this thread since last August. have you?”. I don’t see how Manticore offended you by telling you he had read all 4000+ posts on this thread. You maybe bright and everything, but try to listen sometime.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:10 PM
asd
Tech Addict

It was your reply of what to buy. Sorry, you sounded like Ponky Wonky. He changes names often. Last I checked he was ASD. Like I said, I missed the posts.
sorry i cahnge names, it was just that i was getting bored of te name ponky wonky

I am sure there are people in this forum has a couple of degrees like you do and has many more years of engineering experience under their belt, but do you see them rub it on people's face because people don’t agree with them?

You asked Manticore “Do you even read the posts?”, he answered “I have gone thru 4000+ post on this thread since last August. have you?”. I don’t see how Manticore offended you by telling you he had read all 4000+ posts on this thread. You maybe bright and everything, but try to listen sometimeI am sure there are people in this forum has a couple of degrees like you do and has many more years of engineering experience under their belt, but do you see them rub it on people's face because people don’t agree with them?
waht he said...
Old 10-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
i dont even have a chance to see how I "fart" dust !
don't worry, i will send you the video clip
Old 10-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Cant we just all get along, we're all Kyosho drivers here...... right??? We all got something in common.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:53 PM
asd
Tech Addict

lol, i guess
Old 10-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

hey asd, stop being a smart ass.... I know auto8rcer was a bit out of line about the degree and all that, but he's right about one thing, you're a punk. I'll post a question and all i get from you ussually is a dumb remark.

Last edited by calimassive; 10-08-2002 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:05 PM
asd
Tech Addict

waht did i say?
Old 10-08-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

hahaha, alot of things. Its cool, I think its just how you say stuff, not what you say. Its aight. Hows the V1rr doing? Are you from Vancouver btw?

edit: LOL, never mind, it says Toronto by you're name.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:12 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hehheh, srry
nah, i'm from toronto, Ontario
the v one rr is doing fine, did u drive urs yet?
Old 10-08-2002, 02:16 PM
asd
Tech Addict

lol,
thats ok
Old 10-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

I havent driven it yet too busy studying. I'm almost done putting it together though and will drive it this weekend. I ended up getting an RB concept X12/rb pipe. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.