R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-07-2002, 09:10 AM   #4516
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
I've "snapped" a few in my time but they don't fall out (OK, they do after they break!) Using the solid rear shaft can put some real stress into the dogbones! I've even snapped an alloy K Factory 2 speed shaft purely from the engine torque too!!!!
my Square Ti mid shaft broke into 2 pcs when I punched my car out of a corner !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 09:24 AM   #4517
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
I've "snapped" a few in my time but they don't fall out (OK, they do after they break!)..............
actually the rear dogbone breaks when the suspension compress at an angle and when you dont have seat the dogbone properly.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 09:48 AM   #4518
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by autotr8er

rlj Hey man, pay attention to the earlier threads. Relax as well man. I know dogbones don't just fall out. I didn't say that. We are talking about impacts. You seem a little sensitive. [/B]
He's just a little nervous is all - probably in the karsey again, right now - you know how he's been lately.
He's got the Oz Nat's coming up next weekend and is desperately trying to position himself as the underdog . . I think it's workin' too
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:18 AM   #4519
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

AMG!!! THANKS man - I think you've pinpointed my problem. I don't have any plastic spacers on my one-way outdrives! lol. I'm going to check it out.

I've had the problems with the dogbones when I've got the wheels at near full-turn and I hit or get hit by something - not major high-speed hit. In the main I was going around a lapper in a slow corner, I know he's got big engine power and didn't get far enough in front of him before the next corner, I turn sharply into the next corner and he tags me sending me into the pipe with my wheels turned, dog-bone gets stuck coming out of it's slot in the hub effectively locking my wheels at full turn. I'm sure the problem is with my front setup as I only ever have dogbone problems in the front - and it's probably the one-way outdrives.

Kevin on the integy they might sell more than one chassis like they do with universals. I bought the one that was 7075 and it didn't come with engine mounts or screws so it may not be the same one you have. Take a pic of yours and I can tell you. The one I have was a few tenths heavier than the stock so I haven't installed it.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:57 AM   #4520
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
my Square Ti mid shaft broke into 2 pcs when I punched my car out of a corner !
The joys of a lightened shaft!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 02:07 PM   #4521
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

i'm pretty sure there's a rubber tyre version of the v one rr, since i have it, it comes with swaybars, a regular diff, and all the ither stuff the foam tyre version of the v one rr comes with, ie. centax clutch, rear floating body mount, and a dodge stratus...
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 02:56 PM   #4522
Tech Regular

cool. Where'd you get it? LHS or online?
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 03:28 PM   #4523
asd
Tech Addict

lhs
Old 10-07-2002, 04:11 PM   #4524
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
AMG!!! THANKS man - I think you've pinpointed my problem. I don't have any plastic spacers on my one-way outdrives! lol. I'm going to check it out.

I've had the problems with the dogbones when I've got the wheels at near full-turn and I hit or get hit by something - not major high-speed hit. In the main I was going around a lapper in a slow corner, I know he's got big engine power and didn't get far enough in front of him before the next corner, I turn sharply into the next corner and he tags me sending me into the pipe with my wheels turned, dog-bone gets stuck coming out of it's slot in the hub effectively locking my wheels at full turn. I'm sure the problem is with my front setup as I only ever have dogbone problems in the front - and it's probably the one-way outdrives.
Yeah I am just curious since I give my car a regular pounding and never lose them (or break them dtm!!!) But whenever you stuff (or get stuffed!!) the car into a board or pipe I guess there is a chance you can pop one out. Mine are just so tightly wedged in there, there is probably less than 1mm of play. Take a look in the V1RR manual and it will show you the plastic spacers I am talking about. I only know about them cause I forgot them as well

My main gripe against universals is that they tend to be weaker than dogbones at the universal end. In fact on other cars (never had them on V1R) I break the universals and leave the rest of the suspension intact!! Of course the V1R unis may be stronger.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 04:39 PM   #4525
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I know the Kyosho Unis are pricey but they are very tough and outlast all the others I have tried.
Do not use front bones in the rear they will bind and interfere with suspension travel.
Sorry if I seemed a bit snakey but I have at least one a week.
" It just broke." or "It just fell out"
And it's bloody raining.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:05 PM   #4526
asd
Tech Addict

i got another newb question, lol
if i get a set-up system(integy or hudy), do i need the flat set-up board, and the board decal or just the set-up fixture, thxs
Old 10-07-2002, 05:12 PM   #4527
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
i got another newb question, lol
if i get a set-up system(integy or hudy), do i need the flat set-up board, and the board decal or just the set-up fixture, thxs
Just get the system. You can make a smaller flat board out of a bigger flat board And the decal really is just for width measurements so dont bother. I just use a piece of MDF cut to size.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:14 PM   #4528
asd
Tech Addict

so i just need the fixture?
nothing else?
Old 10-07-2002, 06:13 PM   #4529
Tech Regular

Where's the best place to get spare parts online? The only place that looks reputable that i can find is Towerhobbies; the other sites ive found look sketchy.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:19 PM   #4530
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

try mdiracing.com - their pricing is about on par with tower.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote