R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-06-2002, 11:12 PM   #4501
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
I knew that there is a rubber and foam version of the v one r, but i didnt realize there was a rubber tyre version of the v one rr, so i just got the foam/front one way version. Is there a site where i can see what comes with the rubber tyre GT version of the rr?
I would imagine that its the same stuff that comes with the original V one R rubber tyre version, gear diffs front and rear,rubber tyres and no sway bars but I could be wrong
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:15 PM   #4502
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
I finally got the RR on rails today and ran the main with the solid axle. I put a .15 outlaw nova mega inline turbo pipe (long), on the collari 5 port and I must say I've found a new "Fastest" engine/pipe combination. This RR is scary fast. Strangely enough I was running 18/22 gearing on the kawa centax (only cause it was the only spare gears I had), before I put that pipe on it had no yank off the corner (small track - 120X60) and I had to take that gearing off.

I ended up with 35mm CRC's on the year and the car was ballistic - but unfortunately my driving was not. I let the car down not being patient enough.

I took the advice posted here though and went to front dogbones and tried to be careful with my installation spacing and sure enough I lost one completely in my V1R in the 1st qualifier. I was running too many classes to have time to replace so I just ran the RR in the 2nd qualifier setting the fastest lap of the day from all classes.

Main comes along and when I let myself get piped by a lapper the dogbone jammed out of it's slot in the hub taking me out of first place with 4 minutes left.

Integy universals for me from now on - I'll pay the extra dough for peace of mind.

On another note I got my V1R down to 59.1 oz with body!
I would guess,you call that the good news bad news senario
so whens the next time you scare the locals with your car
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #4503
Tech Regular

well, i cant find on the net any mention of a rubber tyre version of the RR; nor does the Kyosho site mention it.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:47 PM   #4504
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
Actually it's 1.08 times but thanks.
So far the best I've found is 1.033 front O.D.
want to try my home made 26T pulley ? it works pretty good except i have to change the stock flange bearings to 13mm O.D. ones, otherwise the side belt would be too loose.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:59 PM   #4505
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
I finally got the RR on rails today and ran the main with the solid axle. I put a .15 outlaw nova mega inline turbo pipe (long), on the collari 5 port and I must say I've found a new "Fastest" engine/pipe combination. This RR is scary fast. Strangely enough I was running 18/22 gearing on the kawa centax (only cause it was the only spare gears I had), before I put that pipe on it had no yank off the corner (small track - 120X60) and I had to take that gearing off.

I ended up with 35mm CRC's on the year and the car was ballistic - but unfortunately my driving was not. I let the car down not being patient enough.

I took the advice posted here though and went to front dogbones and tried to be careful with my installation spacing and sure enough I lost one completely in my V1R in the 1st qualifier. I was running too many classes to have time to replace so I just ran the RR in the 2nd qualifier setting the fastest lap of the day from all classes.

Main comes along and when I let myself get piped by a lapper the dogbone jammed out of it's slot in the hub taking me out of first place with 4 minutes left.

Integy universals for me from now on - I'll pay the extra dough for peace of mind.

On another note I got my V1R down to 59.1 oz with body!
Dang man what the hell are you doing to keep on losing dogbones?!?! I have not lost one for the longest time. Is your front end 200mm? And have you put an o-ring into the diff outdrive?

ALSO have you got the little plastic spacer which goes around the outdrives on the one-way in place?? Without this you are like 2-3mm too short.

18/22 is way too tall for 120x60 but I guess you already knew that.

Also I have been doing a bit of reading up on the advantages and disadvantages of dogbones vs universals. Turns out that dogbones actually "lock up" into the outdrives when under power and in effect cause your suspension to move less freely. Whereas universals only have the "lock up" effect on one end (into the diff cup) and the universal end only locks up when the shaft and stub axle are perflectly aligned. Score another advantage for unis.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:15 AM   #4506
Tech Initiate

Looking for a rubber tire version of the V-one RR?? V-one RR

Also, I've been losing the dogbones as well. Doesn't matter what you do, I've tried longer dogbones, mashed them in between o-rings, etc. I have universals from Kyosho that cost me $40 from Tower. Here is a place to look for good universals at a better price. Kyosho Universals Tell em, Autotr8er sent ya.
autotr8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:21 AM   #4507
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by autotr8er

Also, I've been losing the dogbones as well. Doesn't matter what you do, I've tried longer dogbones, mashed them in between o-rings, etc. I have universals from Kyosho that cost me $40 from Tower. Here is a place to look for good universals at a better price. Kyosho Universals Tell em, Autotr8er sent ya.
So tell me what exactly are you doing when the bones come out?? I am just interested since I just dont lose mine Is it from crashes or something???

BTW neither of those RRs you send the link for come with rubber tires. They are both foam tire kits.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:35 AM   #4508
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
So tell me what exactly are you doing when the bones come out?? I am just interested since I just dont lose mine Is it from crashes or something?

Me Iam running the standard dog bones in my RR and never had a prob just as a precaution I have put in some foam rubber in as well.
The advantage of the foam is it compresses and does not impead the suspension travel....
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:37 AM   #4509
Tech Elite

Yeah I've got the GT version, don't think they make a rubber version of the RR.

Patelladragger: Were you the one who weighed the Integy chassis? It seems like it's lighter by feel than stock to me, especially with the cool finned motor mounts. I don't have a scale, so I could be wrong, but it's a darn nice chassis. Feels much nicer in your hands, all the edges are rounded. The only thing is, they give you new flathead screws with counter sunk washers for the motor mounts, which is really nice, but they still hang below the chassis about .5mm. Their new front upper bumper plate for the body mounts is sweet. Haven't tried the uni's yet, but I'm installing the beefy ones and they "look marvelous".
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 02:20 AM   #4510
Tech Regular

yeah i didnt think there was a rubber version of the RR, but ASD mentioned a rubber version, so that's why i was asking.

The integy universals are very nice. Thanks for recommending them Patella.

Last edited by calimassive; 10-07-2002 at 02:36 AM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 03:03 AM   #4511
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by autotr8er

Guys..i think the hopup dat rconsale is from eaglemodel.. Http://www.eaglemodel.com .. Its more cheaper than the resale version on the rconsale..I have complete price range in usd....
deeno_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 03:34 AM   #4512
Tech Fanatic

Default Which pipe?

Hi all,
I am about to upgrade to a in-line/one-piece pipe for my RB X12 3 port Turbo...which one to get?
Any comments on Novarossi In-line, RBX12 In-line, RBX15 In-line...
Any of you guys tried out the X12 Turbo Two-Piece pipe yet? According to RB, it has lots of Low End torque and produce High End Speed as well...seems like an all rounder pipe...
Any In-line pipe out there that match or even better than this RBX12 Turbo Two-Piece?
Too sad RB didnt make a One-piece for X12 Turbo...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:57 AM   #4513
rjl
Tech Fanatic

There is a rubber tyre version of the vonerrrrrrr. The doggies do not "fall" out, ever!!!!!!!!!!! I had to remove the O ring from the front out drive to get 198mm front width. If you want CVs then buy them but do not blame some imaginary fault with the car, it's you. You either hit far too hard or your car is not set to the instructions.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 08:16 AM   #4514
Tech Initiate

Quote:
So tell me what exactly are you doing when the bones come out?? I am just interested since I just dont lose mine Is it from crashes or something???

BTW neither of those RRs you send the link for come with rubber tires. They are both foam tire kits.
AMGRacerOops, my mistake. Looking at the photo, there are rubber tires installed. There are two different versions of the kit. Did you see them both? If not, I guess there is just the v-one R.
Dogbones They come out in an impact. Even the slightest tap on the boards and out they come. I lose the right front. I've since upgraded to universals. Won't find out if I've licked the problem until someone hits me or I tag a board. I'm thinking that the steering knuckle developed some slop, so when there was an impact, the steering knuckle would flex just enough for the bone to fly out. Have new steering knuckles as well. Shouldn't have any other problems.
rlj Hey man, pay attention to the earlier threads. Relax as well man. I know dogbones don't just fall out. I didn't say that. We are talking about impacts. You seem a little sensitive.

Last edited by autotr8er; 10-07-2002 at 08:24 AM.
autotr8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 08:36 AM   #4515
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:

I've "snapped" a few in my time but they don't fall out (OK, they do after they break!) Using the solid rear shaft can put some real stress into the dogbones! I've even snapped an alloy K Factory 2 speed shaft purely from the engine torque too!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote