R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-27-2002, 01:11 PM   #4306
RC
Tech Apprentice

I have an Integy upper deck on my V One R. It's cheap, fits perfect, looks really good, and it will accept the reflex/K-Factory gas tank.
RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:23 PM   #4307
Tech Regular

RC, what do you mean by K factory? you mean the stock gas tank? and Manticore, what did you mean by 5 star? is that a company name? btw, thanks for the tips...

Patella if you're out there, did you replace only the back dogbones with the integy universals? If you've already mentioned this I apologize in advance.

Last edited by calimassive; 09-27-2002 at 01:27 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:32 PM   #4308
RC
Tech Apprentice

K-Factory is an aftermarket parts manufacturer that Trinity used to make the Reflex. You can buy K-Factory parts (mostly in Asia) or use Reflex parts which are the same thing.

Most all of these parts are interchangeable with the V One R/RR. Exeptions being the clutch/2 speed/ and middle belt tensioner.

The K-Factory/Reflex gas tank mounts further below the deck for a lower center of gravity. You can modify a stock deck to mount this tank (drill another hole opposite the drain hole) or the Integy deck will work with either gas tank.

I'm not too sure what other decks accept, but you can probably modify those too.
RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:42 PM   #4309
Tech Regular

thanks alot RC, that really clears things up, appreciate it. Is the reflex gas tanker better or worse in any other way besides lower CG than the stock one?
Old 09-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #4310
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

cali i've got universals on everything now. I've had a few dogbones fallout of the front, and one that broke, so i'm all universals. I'm running the last set of 3 racing in the front of one car but when they bend I will put the good integy back on.

The k-factory lcg tank is just as good as stock tank, just is wider on bottom. I have one mounted in the k-factory deck so I can use the k-factory belt tensioner, but to tell you the truth I like the R tensioner better because it's not aluminum and lighter. If I remember correctly the k-factory universals sucked on the reflex and I had to work with them to make them work right. The k-factory chassis looks great but it's very, very heavy at 4mm. Big advantage to it is that it sits the battery on the chassis reducing the CG of your car much more than the lcg tank does.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:02 PM   #4311
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

do ub guys suggest i get a few extra belts? and which ones?
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:11 PM   #4312
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
do ub guys suggest i get a few extra belts? and which ones?
If I wasn't going to just get a set of all of them I'd get the front first and the side second. That rear is a very good belt, none of mine show any significant wear.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:14 PM   #4313
asd
Tech Addict

how much is a whole set in canadain dolars?
Old 09-27-2002, 04:47 PM   #4314
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
thanks kevin k2 for the pipe suggestion, appreciate it, btw, im scared about one thing. That the front one way is gonna make it hard for me to drive. I mean, i took the plunge and got the V1rr anyways, but still, any tips on driving the V1rr, mainly to avoid crashing and to keep it under control? I've never driven a nitro sedan before. LOL...
Adjust your brakes so your rear end doesn't lock up! Go slow at first. Slow down early before you hit the apex of the turn, don't rush in hard and slam on the brakes and turn the steering wheel all at once. Be smooth in your transitions from braking (if necessary!) to full acceleration. The foams have a little more bite than rubbers, so it's a little more conducive to running a one-way- don't be scared...just be afraid for the innocent standing trackside when you're leaning that sucker out!

Last edited by kevink2; 09-27-2002 at 04:53 PM.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:51 PM   #4315
Tech Regular

thanks kev for the driving tips...i will do that once i get my V1RR put together and ready to run. I've yet to order an engine.

Also, i found 2 upper carbon fiber plates online, the Kawahara one and the Integy one. Someone the other day, forgot who, i apologize, said they had the Integy one and liked it. So far from looking at the pics they look very similar, but the integy one is 30 bux compared to the Kawahara one which is 65 bux. Anybody have either upper plate?, and if so, can anyone testify to the superior quality of the Kawahara plate that justifies an extra 35 dollars?

Last edited by calimassive; 09-27-2002 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:42 PM   #4316
rjl
Tech Fanatic

My car is very nearly box stock, hardly any aftermarket parts actually improve the handling or speed of the vonerrrrrr. The K factory tank is slightly over capacity and the baffles fall out. A 4mm chassis either lowers ride hight or requires resetting of the angles. Some aftermarket CVs literally fall apart. Alluminium pulleys wear faster than the stock ones. I've had light weight shafts snap during a heat.
Many parts are pretty but not always an improvement. If you want to go faster, wear out tyres!!
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:12 PM   #4317
Tech Regular

yeah, i see where you're coming from, im not planning to mod the heck out of my car. Plus this is my first car, so i'll take it one step at a time. But, having said that, i would be interested in a carbon fiber radio plate and some universals; that couldnt hurt right? That's all im looking to mod really. The universals cause i heard the dogbones have a tendency to pop out and the radio plate just to strengthen and lighten the car a bit. Other than that, stock is fine with me. From everything i heard the V1RR is competitive right out of the box, so no, im not worried about modding the heck out of my car.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #4318
asd
Tech Addict

(duff beer song in backroungd)
tyres, for me!
tyres, for you!
i'll have some tyres, and you'll have some too!
lol(its from the simpsons if some of u didint get that, lol, i am the lizard queen!)
anyhow, what are the best foam or rubber tyres i could get?
Old 09-27-2002, 11:09 PM   #4319
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
yeah, i see where you're coming from, im not planning to mod the heck out of my car. Plus this is my first car, so i'll take it one step at a time. But, having said that, i would be interested in a carbon fiber radio plate and some universals; that couldnt hurt right? That's all im looking to mod really. The universals cause i heard the dogbones have a tendency to pop out and the radio plate just to strengthen and lighten the car a bit. Other than that, stock is fine with me. From everything i heard the V1RR is competitive right out of the box, so no, im not worried about modding the heck out of my car.
You will get a greater weight benefit from titanium screws, if the car is set properly the doggies do not fall out. My recomended upgrades for the voner would be alloy wheel hexes first, VZW002 chassis brace next, then universals, after that the TCD from Kyosho is really good. For ppl just starting in the sport use a diff both front and rear, a well set car running diffs front and rear can do lap times equal to anything else but will be much more forgiving.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:19 AM   #4320
Tech Regular

set properly? what do you mean set properly? Everyone seems to have a different way of setting up their car. So im not sure what you mean by that. You mean put together properly? Well if the dogbones do have a tendency to loosen up or fall out then what is the harm in universals. Are universals not as efficient as dogbones?
And why cant i start with a front one way? I'll just drive slow at first and get used to it. Or is it impossible to learn on a front one way? People make it sound like its the hardest thing to do on the planet. LOL... I might be in for a little surprise, hehehe. We'll see.