R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-26-2002, 09:37 PM   #4291
Tech Regular

anyone got any pics of there V1rr's? i'd like to see em...

asd, i heard the Kyosho universals are the best, but they are pricey. 40 bux a pair i think on TowerHobbies.com....

Last edited by calimassive; 09-26-2002 at 09:44 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 09:58 PM   #4292
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
ohh, but arent sway bars only for high bite tracks?
my track is a low bite one, lol
You are correct. For low bite tracks, I would suggest taking out the rear sway bars. If you're running one way for the front diff, I suggest to leave the front sway bars installed.

You would want to take some steering out with the front sway bar when you're using the one way. Adding front sway bar adds to more grip in the rear which you would need in a loose track.

These are just some suggestion you could start on. LOL, you might even want to take both out depending on your driving preferences.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 10:04 PM   #4293
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by deeno_x
My v1rr grp version comes with 16/19 and 44/48...And its kyosho has the 44..i have 4 of them in my tool box..i'll try the 18/22 this coming race...160ft of straight..wonder whether my x12 can handle or not
Using higher pinion gears usually cripples your off the line / coming out of a corner acceleration.

In this case, use your Centax clutch advantage to the fullest. Tighten the spring to let the engine kick in the 1st gear at a higher RPM for a better launch. This should compensate for the lack of acceleration when using higher 1st gear pinions and at the same time give you good top speed.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 10:16 PM   #4294
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Deeno AMG posted a good gearing suggestion list a few pages ago which I thought was pretty spot-on. You shouldn't need 18/22 for only a 160 foot str8. 16/20 should be fine.

asd on the universals the best ones i've seen are the integy wide. I don't who makes them, but they are beefy I can't imagine what it would take to break them. Problem is they aren't legal, if you aren't worried about ROAR legal get them at 29.99. The kyosho ones look really good but I got one used (broken) and I can tell from where it's broken they aren't all that strong. They LOOK to be better quality than the 3 racing ones but I dont know for sure I haven't raced them. The 3 racing ones are the same as the integy ones that are 19.99 and they aren't very strong at all, much weaker than stock bones - waste of money.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 10:30 PM   #4295
Tech Regular

doesnt Integy make ones that are not wide, but the same type as the 29.99 ones? If you go to there website you'll see them. btw, are the integy ones for both front and rear, it doesnt seem to specify on the their site. thanks...

Last edited by calimassive; 09-26-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:38 PM   #4296
Tech Master

yep they are there!!!

They weren't there when I bought mine, only the wide were there.

SH8-513

Either the wide or regular can be used front or rear.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:42 PM   #4297
Tech Regular

well, whoever has used both the integy universals and the kyosho ones, let us know what you think... Patella, you seem to like the Integy ones.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:01 AM   #4298
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
well, whoever has used both the integy universals and the kyosho ones, let us know what you think... Patella, you seem to like the Integy ones.
i only like the integy ones that are labeled as universals that are 29.99. They are clearly better quality than the kyosho ones, I have a broken kyosho one and a warped kyosho one in my posession. The kyosho do appear quite a bit thicker than the integy ones that are 19.99 but whose to say which is better between those two.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:54 AM   #4299
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
Deeno AMG posted a good gearing suggestion list a few pages ago which I thought was pretty spot-on.
I am flattered And no I am not being sarcastic or trite.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:40 AM   #4300
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Don't know why everyone likes universals on GP.....Dogbones are cheap...tough....and "true" CVD.......Also dogbones have never slowed me down in catching people.........isn't that right Manticore!!???!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:59 AM   #4301
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Don't know why everyone likes universals on GP.....Dogbones are cheap...tough....and "true" CVD.......Also dogbones have never slowed me down in catching people.........isn't that right Manticore!!???!!!!
Let me give you all my dog bones !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 09:31 AM   #4302
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
Let me give you all my dog bones !
Thank U!!! Do you have any 705 bones!!!???
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 12:06 PM   #4303
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

yeah DTM If I could figure a good way to keep dogbones from ever falling out they would be the ticket. The thing with the 29.99 integy universals is they are made like the RR rear dogbones with the bracing in the middle, but they seem even beefier. Best of both worlds.

Since cali has shown me they make standard width too they are the ticket - I'll order a couple sets. Hopefully steve at speedtech will pick them up and can offer them for less than integy direct.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:41 PM   #4304
Tech Regular

for those of you that have graphite upper decks for there V1r/V1rr, who makes a nice one? I know kawaharra makes one and i saw one on the integy website as well. thanks...
Old 09-27-2002, 12:58 PM   #4305
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
for those of you that have graphite upper decks for there V1r/V1rr, who makes a nice one? I know kawaharra makes one and i saw one on the integy website as well. thanks...
always 5 stars !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote