Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

and another

Last edited by chippy; 09-01-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

thanks chippy. do you have one of a view from the top? i'd like to see the chassis. Sorry to ask this, but my local lhs doesnt carry V1r's or V1rr's and it would be cool to get a look at one before i make a purchase. Thanks...

BTW, how is the V1rr different from the V1r other than a centax clutch and a front one way? Furthermore, it says that the clutch is "3d", im assuming this is Kyosho language for "Centax"? I know Mugen uses the term "Syntec" instead of "Centax" cause Serpent has a copyright or something on the term "Centax". Last but not least, on the Kyosho site they say that its the same clutch from the 1/8th Fantom. Is this a good thing? I know that the Centax on the Mugen MTX-2 pro spec is a lightened version of the centax on the Mugen MRX-3. They did this to make the mass/weight of the clutch less, thus taking into consideration a 1/8th scale clutch going into a 1/10th scale car. Is the V1rr "3d" clutch exactly the same clutch as the one in the 1/8th Fantom??

Oh, and one more thing. What tools would i need to put together and maintain my V1rr? i.e. what screw drivers, allen wrenches, engine tuning tools, etc? does anyone recommend a specific set of screw drivers, hex, and allen wrenches. Any special tools i cannot go without? I saw that hudy makes a nice set, but im not sure what sizes i would need. Do i need metric or SAE? thanks

thanks, sorry for the long post...

Last edited by calimassive; 09-21-2002 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can anyone teach me how to tune the 2speed??
iszit the looser the screw the faster the 2 speed engage?
Old 09-21-2002, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

yes, the looser the set screws the earlier in the rpm range the 2nd gear will engage.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:58 AM
asd
Tech Addict

my ride height in the rear is approx. 4mm, in the fornt ish prolly 3.5-7
is this okay?
Old 09-21-2002, 08:35 AM
asd
Tech Addict

Old 09-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

asd, how is the mx3, you like it?
Old 09-21-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
BTW, how is the V1rr different from the V1r other than a centax clutch and a front one way? Furthermore, it says that the clutch is "3d", im assuming this is Kyosho language for "Centax"? I know Mugen uses the term "Syntec" instead of "Centax" cause Serpent has a copyright or something on the term "Centax". Last but not least, on the Kyosho site they say that its the same clutch from the 1/8th Fantom. Is this a good thing? I know that the Centax on the Mugen MTX-2 pro spec is a lightened version of the centax on the Mugen MRX-3. They did this to make the mass/weight of the clutch less, thus taking into consideration a 1/8th scale clutch going into a 1/10th scale car. Is the V1rr "3d" clutch exactly the same clutch as the one in the 1/8th Fantom??

Oh, and one more thing. What tools would i need to put together and maintain my V1rr? i.e. what screw drivers, allen wrenches, engine tuning tools, etc? does anyone recommend a specific set of screw drivers, hex, and allen wrenches. Any special tools i cannot go without? I saw that hudy makes a nice set, but im not sure what sizes i would need. Do i need metric or SAE? thanks
The V1RR has the following differences:

- Front oneway
- Centax style clutch
- Front and rear "1/8th style" body mounts
- Revised rear diff cover
- Transponder mount
- Revised and softer belts and hardened pulleys

Yes the 3D clutch is similar to the Centax clutch. In fact it is more similar to the Mugen style syntec. It is NOT the clutch from the Fantom, it uses a different flyweight system.

Is it a good thing, well yes and no. If you are new to touring cars the stock clutch is much easier to set up, while a centax is more tough to set up. But a centax grabs harder and is more adjustable.

The mugen MTX2 clutch is really not a lightened version of the MTX3 clutch it just has a few optional parts. The clutches are effectively the same.

For setup of a V1RR I use a 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm hex wrench. You really need these in my opinion. I use HUDY. I use a normal phillips head screwdriver and box wrench. You really dont need any special tools, but they can be helpful.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks AMG, really appreciate the info. Btw, I'm assuming you meant MRX-3 and not MTX-3 when you were talking about the mugen's 1/8th Syntec clutch. Oh, and one more question, sorry. When you said "hex wrenches" did you mean allen, or balldrivers, and what's a box wrench? Thanks again AMG...

Last edited by calimassive; 09-21-2002 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:49 PM
asd
Tech Addict

calm, the mx-3 is great
ohh guys,
tofday i went to my lhs(which is not so local,.lol) and got some stuff:
a set of ofna allen drivers(4 of them in one box)
i also got a new 48 spur gear cause my other ones tripped, do u know why this happened?the guy at the lhs said it was beacause i didnt allign the clutchbell and the 2 speed correctly.....is this true?
or am i doing something wrong
Old 09-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Shock springs...

I'm looking at playing with different types of springs on my shocks.

Having only the stock ones, is there a package you can get that has both harder and softer ones, rather than buying a pair at a time?

Do you need to stick with Kyosho, or do other brands carrying springs that are universal, and match most 1/10 cars? What have most of you guys bought?

Thanks in advance...
Old 09-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
Thanks AMG, really appreciate the info. Btw, I'm assuming you meant MRX-3 and not MTX-3 when you were talking about the mugen's 1/8th Syntec clutch. Oh, and one more question, sorry. When you said "hex wrenches" did you mean allen, or balldrivers, and what's a box wrench? Thanks again AMG...
Yeah MRX3.

Hex wrench meaning any hex headed driver, allen or ball type. A box wrench is just a 4 way metric nut driver. It comes with the V1RR kit.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

AMG, should i get the allen or ball head hex drivers? How are they different from eachother? thanks.

btw, any engine suggestions for the V1rr. I'm pretty close to choosing the RBX12. I've heard its a reliable and very fast engine.

Last edited by calimassive; 09-22-2002 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:03 AM
asd
Tech Addict

with ball heads, u can use them at an angle in tight sapces, with normal allen drivers u have to use them perpendicular(i think) to the crew, just get aset of good allen keys, you'll need:
1.5, 2, 2.5, 3
u can just get a set of four at most hobby shops from companies like ofna, dynamite and tons of otjhers, hope this helps(oh, it will set u back about another $40-60 dependihng on the brand the tools are)
Old 09-22-2002, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

thanks asd. I'll get the allen ones then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.