R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-04-2002, 06:38 AM   #3841
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

I am well in last most likely I have not been going to this track for a while since the organisers there kinda suck. So I decided to stop maintaining the site
"So I decided to stop maintaining the site."

Aw that's just wrong.

Where do you race now? With Novarossi?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 06:42 AM   #3842
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

"So I decided to stop maintaining the site."

Aw that's just wrong.

Where do you race now? With Novarossi?
Yeah typical politics BS.

Nah Novarossi lives like 900km away from me, plus he would wail on my ass pretty bad anyhow I try to race children and small animals so I have the best chance of winning.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 06:52 AM   #3843
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

Yeah typical politics BS.

Nah Novarossi lives like 900km away from me, plus he would wail on my ass pretty bad anyhow I try to race children and small animals so I have the best chance of winning.
900km isn't too far HAG and I going that far soon to run our cars.

Anyway, I think we need to get back to the V1R
Old 09-04-2002, 07:21 AM   #3844
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:

Yep and AMG is violating the copyright of someone that has no copyright to Kyosho.
that means rcmodel sucks !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 07:55 AM   #3845
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO
Thanks for all the info on the tire truer. I'm most likely going to purchase the Ofna Automatic with Hudy Accessories. I think Stormer had the best price of $229 with only $6.95 for shipping.

BTW - AMG what type of jig saw blade are you using (Carbide?). I've heard the stock blade dulls easily.
The ofna cuts just as good as the HUDY. I know HUDY makes products that last a long time and the only ofna thing I had was a Z10 so I decided to go with the company I knew. If had known ofna truer is made by some other company I might would have bought it. I know HUDY's hold very good resale value as you will not find them cheap used- they're kind of like T35's and TurboDyno's.

They both cut MUCH better if you get the carbide cutting tool - trust me on this one - just get the carbide tool and scrap the stock one. You will save time and you won't need to sand the face of the tire, only the edges if you get the carbide tool - it's worth the money. Bruce at RC4Less cuts TONS of foams for his business and uses the ofna with carbide tool.

As far as battery I use one of those 12V jump starter thingy's. It's got a handle, is compact, will run the truer forever and is cheap.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 08:02 AM   #3846
Tech Master

Quote:

I'm practicing for my new profession even though I think motorcycleracer doesn't like the way I come across as noted by not a peep to my comment. Oh well.

I'm not ready to go to LA. Been feeling sick. Think I have to go to the hospital.

lol...you can have any of my toys as long as you don't get near my Kyosho's. They're being groomed for NTC3 ass-kicking so they don't have time to be getting fondled by you
Old 09-04-2002, 11:39 AM   #3847
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default need help

yo guys i'm about to open my own hobby shop,wat shock oil would u recommend? what spare parts would u recommend? tnx!
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:30 PM   #3848
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger

lol...you can have any of my toys as long as you don't get near my Kyosho's. They're being groomed for NTC3 ass-kicking so they don't have time to be getting fondled by you
Funny how I almost offered to buy your 2 V1Rs when you were getting out to start a new business a month ago. But since I can have anything except the V1Rs whatcha got?
Old 09-04-2002, 01:37 PM   #3849
Tech Elite

Default Re: need help

Quote:
Originally posted by ianhobbies
yo guys i'm about to open my own hobby shop,wat shock oil would u recommend? what spare parts would u recommend? tnx!
What kind of cars are you focusing on? On road? Off road? for shock oil if you do both, a range from 25 to 100 wt. 25 - 40 for off road and 40 - 100 for on road.

As for spares, stock up on suspension pieces like arms and knuckles. Best thing is to see what the local racers and hobbiests seem to break the most or want the most.
Would be nice to carry everything but it's not possible and your inventory will change over time.
Ask your distributor(s) if you can return for credit on things that don't sell over say a 60 or 90 day period.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #3850
Tech Master

Quote:

Funny how I almost offered to buy your 2 V1Rs when you were getting out to start a new business a month ago. But since I can have anything except the V1Rs whatcha got?
yeah, you might've offered but I probably wouldn't have sold them. I was way too attached to them. Ask tone I near bout went off on him when he sent me an offer for them. lol.

My consulting is going well and the wife told me I could stay in RC as long as I cut back some, so I sold near bout everything except the kyosho's! I added a yok GT4R and the RR to the stable though - so I've got enough to keep me crazy until it's time to get in 1/8 scale.

i really don't have anything left to sell except for F1's. Got 2 HPI super graphites and a tricked out tamiya 103. Got a corally too but she's not going anywhere she brought me home my first RC trophy 2 with $$$$ two weeks ago

Getting out of electric touring cars was the best thing I've done - I was running way too many classes for my experience level.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #3851
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
They both cut MUCH better if you get the carbide cutting tool - trust me on this one - just get the carbide tool and scrap the stock one. You will save time and you won't need to sand the face of the tire, only the edges if you get the carbide tool - it's worth the money. Bruce at RC4Less cuts TONS of foams for his business and uses the ofna with carbide tool.
You are still going to have to sand the face. Every tire grinder leaves the surface of the tire somewhat loose and rough even the HUDY. When I was grinding the tires a few weeks ago they were coming off rough. The HUDY does appear to be less rough than the OFNA. If you dont sand the face back you will spend the first couple of laps with little traction from your foams.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:23 PM   #3852
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

hey everyone, i was just wondering, u know that 3 in 1 multi purpose oil, would i be able to use that in my 12 tr, it says combustable, would it harm my engine?
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 06:54 PM   #3853
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by asd
hey everyone, i was just wondering, u know that 3 in 1 multi purpose oil, would i be able to use that in my 12 tr, it says combustable, would it harm my engine?
I have used this stuff before and it seems ok. My RS12 ran fine while using it. I usually use racers choice however.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:55 PM   #3854
asd
Tech Addict

ok, until i can gert my hands on some "real after run oil" i'll use the 3 in1, thxs for the quick reply by the way
Old 09-04-2002, 08:04 PM   #3855
asd
Tech Addict

hey everyone, how would one remove stripped screw?