R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-02-2002, 01:24 PM   #3736
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
you get them from the seller named teambluestar on ebay.

Here is an auction for a set - closes in tonight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1762614719

He sells them in complete sets for all the popular kits so you dont' have to worry about the sizes.

FYI DO NOT get into a bidding war and pay more than 30 dollars for them - he's always putting out new auctions for them. I have heard good things about them but never actually installed them.
Does anyone know of any other manufacturers that sell a complete bearing set for the V-One R? I tried Acer Racing and Boca Bearing but they do not have any complete sets. Does anyone know if there are Dynamite Red Seal bearing sets for the V-One R?

Also, how is the quality of the Blue Bearings? Is this the best grade of ball bearings this person sells, or is this the only grade of ball-bearings he sells? The stock bearings in my Reflex are JUNK and bind horribly with they come in contact with any bit of dirt. I would like to buy 2 sets, but there is only one available for bidding. Should I contact the person?

Thanks in advance!
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:25 PM   #3737
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

boca bearings does sell complete sets for V1R. I think it's like 90 dollars. It's hard to find on their website but they do sell complete kits - send them an email to verify or they have a form on their site for quote requests.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #3738
Regional Moderator

Would Ceramic Bearings be a better choice than Rubber-Sealed bearings? I hear Ceramic Bearings are alot smoother than Rubber-Sealed Bearings. I am not sure if they are for use with nitro cars though. Can they stand up to dirt, grease, and grime of nitro cars? I think they are used in the crankshaft for nitro engines, am I correct? I will give Boca Bearings a call and see if they have complete V-One R sets in stock.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 04:31 PM   #3739
Tech Elite

The blue sealed bearings are nothing special really. They are just a regular bearing but with all the grease removed and just oil in them. Their BIGGEST benefit is the stock metal shieled bearings get grime in them very quickly and they start to bind quickly. With the mods I listed above the drivetrain stays nice and free for very long.

I really don't like the feel of solid axles, the dont suit my driving style. I am using the gear diffs with 10K weight oil in front and the kawahara with 5K oil in the rear.

RCLover. First up 35 shore tires should only be used if desperate they usually are far too soft and squirmy. Try to use 40sh as much as possible. Also I have found very good results with using matched spring sets (the ones specifically for the V1R) and tuning with the foam shore. 100K diff oil in the rear diff will be causing understeer bigtime. Also the front anti-roll bar being in the fully stiff position will be dulling off steering.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #3740
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by racer rich
Would Ceramic Bearings be a better choice than Rubber-Sealed bearings? I hear Ceramic Bearings are alot smoother than Rubber-Sealed Bearings. I am not sure if they are for use with nitro cars though. Can they stand up to dirt, grease, and grime of nitro cars? I think they are used in the crankshaft for nitro engines, am I correct? I will give Boca Bearings a call and see if they have complete V-One R sets in stock.
If you got the dollars the boca bearings are the best out there.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:29 PM   #3741
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

RCLover. First up 35 shore tires should only be used if desperate they usually are far too soft and squirmy. Try to use 40sh as much as possible.
That's a pretty broad statement AMG. If I'm running on untreated asphalt the 35's work well on the rear. They give mr too much traction on a VHT treated track but I've found they're great for a bare parking lot track. I've never ran 35 up front but I've ran 37's and 40's in low traction condition with good results.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:36 PM   #3742
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger

That's a pretty broad statement AMG. If I'm running on untreated asphalt the 35's work well on the rear. They give mr too much traction on a VHT treated track but I've found they're great for a bare parking lot track. I've never ran 35 up front but I've ran 37's and 40's in low traction condition with good results.
Not it is not. Any experienced racer will tell you the same. If it works for you great, but the harder the shore the firmer the foam the less squirmy the car feels. Every wonder why experienced racers true their tires down to 58-57mm?

There are many other tuning options available on modern race cars you should not ever have to go as low as 35 shore. I have used 37 shore once to good effect, but as a rule try and stay at or above 40.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:44 PM   #3743
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default Re: Setup comments...

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
Hi Everybody...
Need some advice on my setup which i run my car on a small track with medium-high grip surface. Sometimes i just cant get any closer to other cars...i am wondering if there could be something wrong in my setup.
Ok, when i enter the corner and turn, the car rolls/ slides (in other word, 'run wide') and slow me down.

My setting is:

Front Geometry:
-Anti Roll bars -> 90 degree
-Camber L/R -> -3 degree
-Toe out -> 1 degree
-Front One-way
-Tyre 35 shore 6 spoke yellow Ellegi (26mm)
-Spring -> Stock
-Shock Oil -> Stock
-Front Shock Tower Not use
-Ride Height -> 5 mm
-Track Width -> 198mm
-Downstop -> -1

Rear Geometry:
-Sway bar -> Stock (black)
-Camber L/R -> -4 degree
-Toe In -> 2.5 degree
-Diff Gear -> Stock
-Diff Grease -> Tornado 100K
-Tyre 35 shore 6 spoke yellow Ellegi (30mm)
-Spring -> Orange (Kyosho)
-Shock Oil -> Stock
-Ride Height -> 6 mm
-5 Star Shock Tower -> Lowest Hole
-Track Width -> 200mm
-Downstop -> 5mm

Please comment on this setup...thanks in advance...
I also run on a small track, I personally would change the tires to something as in 42 front 37 rear, also try running without the sway bar in the rear, also put thicker shock oil in your shocks 30 wht is way too soft try 50 or higher I am useing 80 in mine
I think your front and rear camber is way too negative try something like 2.5 in the rear and 1.5-2 in the front.
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 05:47 PM   #3744
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:

Not it is not. Any experienced racer will tell you the same. If it works for you great, but the harder the shore the firmer the foam the less squirmy the car feels. Every wonder why experienced racers true their tires down to 58-57mm?

There are many other tuning options available on modern race cars you should not ever have to go as low as 35 shore. I have used 37 shore once to good effect, but as a rule try and stay at or above 40.
There are a few people in my area who run 45-50 in front and 45 in rear, they also true the tires down considerably, they seem to help the way they drive.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:52 PM   #3745
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

There are a few people in my area who run 45-50 in front and 45 in rear, they also true the tires down considerably, they seem to help the way they drive.
Agreed. Below 40 shore and with the full 65mm carcass the foams have too much "sidewall flex" which makes transitioning unpredictable and long sweepers tend to wash speed.

We are talking full competiton setups here as well, I am not saying that everybody needs to true their tires down so low and use 40 shore, but if you want maximum performance..........
Old 09-02-2002, 06:07 PM   #3746
Tech Master

Quote:

Agreed. Below 40 shore and with the full 65mm carcass the foams have too much "sidewall flex" which makes transitioning unpredictable and long sweepers tend to wash speed.

We are talking full competiton setups here as well, I am not saying that everybody needs to true their tires down so low and use 40 shore, but if you want maximum performance..........
but isnt that what we all strive for ? maximum performance, no matter what our driving skill is
Old 09-02-2002, 06:10 PM   #3747
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

but isnt that what we all strive for ? maximum performance, no matter what our driving skill is
I know I do!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 06:12 PM   #3748
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to blandv

AMG you have a pm
blandv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 06:22 PM   #3749
Tech Master

Quote:

I know I do!!!!!!!!!!!
can I say me to
Old 09-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #3750
Tech Master

well I'm not an experienced racer since I've only been at this since Feb. But I've been around plenty that are. And to say that EVERY experience racer says they NEVER use anything under 40 shore is bologny. You have to account for the fact that not every track is smooth with high grip.