R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2001, 05:56 PM   #361
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,388
Default

Hey Steve of speedtechrc- Its Don. I am having a hard time finding the limited slip diffs. made by Kyosho and Kawahara anywhere in socal. My local hobby stores can't find either. I noticed you carry Kawahara, but nothing for the V-one-R. You may be my only hope. Also, clamping wheel hubs.

Thanks,
Don
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 08:10 PM   #362
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cornerspeed
Hey Steve of speedtechrc- Its Don. I am having a hard time finding the limited slip diffs. made by Kyosho and Kawahara anywhere in socal. My local hobby stores can't find either. I noticed you carry Kawahara, but nothing for the V-one-R. You may be my only hope. Also, clamping wheel hubs.

Thanks,
Don
You can try Tower Hobbies (aka Great Planes Model Distributors aka only authorized US Kyosho Distributor). On their website it shows that it is in stock. The link to the site is:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...m?Q=1&I=LXAVW8

I have the Kyosho LSD and it really helps performance wise!
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 10:58 PM   #363
Tech Regular
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: EaSt SiNgApOrE
Posts: 467
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon
Default

hey guys, im thinking of getting a V1R, but do u think i should wait for the V1RR ??

.....are the so called "extra" stuff worth the wait?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 11:13 PM   #364
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

The "problem" with the RR model is that it is made for a very specific "niche" of 1/10 racing. The large rear body mount and the small mounts on the front wide wing make running Lola style bodies a must. If you want to run touring car bodies (or NEED to because of track rules) you will need to buy the standard mounts.

Similarly the front one way is tricky to drive and some tracks may require you to purchase a front gear diff.

So if you want to convert it back to "traditional" 1/10 touring spec you may need to purchase some of the standard V One parts.

After saying this the centax clutch, "handshake" front swaybar, rear swaybar and transponder mount are worth far more than the small price difference. It is up to you what sort of racing class you are going to run in.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 11:22 PM   #365
Tech Regular
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: EaSt SiNgApOrE
Posts: 467
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
After saying this the centax clutch, "handshake" front swaybar, rear swaybar and transponder mount are worth far more than the small price difference. It is up to you what sort of racing class you are going to run in.
Oh i see....u have cleared the clouds for me....thanks man...now i know which to get..... ....cant wait.....

anyway, being a newbie and all, do u mind telling me what on earth is a centax clutch, and swaybar is?..Thanks.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 11:49 PM   #366
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Wow this car is going to be a handful for a newbie

Anyhow swaybars are devices which make the car roll less. They are useful for tuning your suspension to certain surfaces. You can remove them if the surface is very rough.

A centax clutch is a special type of clutch which is tunable. You can adjust the engagement point of the clutch without taking the clutch off the engine. It also engages much more smoothly and strongly. The downside is that the thrust bearing needs to be regularly maintained.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 12:06 AM   #367
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Wow this car is going to be a handful for a newbie

Anyhow swaybars are devices which make the car roll less. They are useful for tuning your suspension to certain surfaces. You can remove them if the surface is very rough.

A centax clutch is a special type of clutch which is tunable. You can adjust the engagement point of the clutch without taking the clutch off the engine. It also engages much more smoothly and strongly. The downside is that the thrust bearing needs to be regularly maintained.
Sway bars should be last option/hop-up for fine tuning a car.

The Mugen MRX centax will work on both your V-One-R + MTX Amg.

Another major advantage with this type of centax is that it allows you to run much higher gearing for long tracks (Mugen clutch runs up to a 18/22 pinion combo). The performance of the clutch is alot more consistent + reliable.

Bad news is the price here, $260 for the complete kit

(Note : that you need to use different engine mounts to make the Mugen centax fit onto the V-One-R)
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 12:14 AM   #368
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


Sway bars should be last option/hop-up for fine tuning a car.

The Mugen MRX centax will work on both your V-One-R + MTX Amg.

Another major advantage with this type of centax is that it allows you to run much higher gearing for long tracks (Mugen clutch runs up to a 18/22 pinion combo). The performance of the clutch is alot more consistent + reliable.

Bad news is the price here, $260 for the complete kit

(Note : that you need to use different engine mounts to make the Mugen centax fit onto the V-One-R)
correction, right now i use the kyosho engine mount for the mugen centax on my V1R but need to work on the main chassis engine mount holes. elong the holes with a small file to maximize gear mesh.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 01:32 AM   #369
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

The Fantom centax (which fits the V One R I haev been told) is only $154 I wonder if it will fit the Mugen??
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:03 AM   #370
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
The Fantom centax (which fits the V One R I haev been told) is only $154 I wonder if it will fit the Mugen??
The Mugen Centax is acclaimed to be the best in the business. I noticed quite a few Kyosho drivers (including many Aussies) using the Mugen clutch on there Fantoms during the World Champs last month - something to think about
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:07 AM   #371
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 282
Default

I am using the Serpent Centax clutch, but it needs to be modified to fit the V1R.
White cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:12 AM   #372
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Now that I did not know. John from RMS can do me a syntec (thats the Mugen one right?) for $200. I will look into the Mugen clutch........

I am not that worried about a centax yet anyhow, I just want to get some good laps under my belt.......
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:24 AM   #373
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Now that I did not know. John from RMS can do me a syntec (thats the Mugen one right?) for $200. I will look into the Mugen clutch........

I am not that worried about a centax yet anyhow, I just want to get some good laps under my belt.......
The name 'Centax' is actually associated (and invented I think) by Serpent.

The correct 'Political' term for the Mugen Clutch is 'Axial'

If u do decide to run at Brendale (especially if they run the full track) it would be good investment, but as u mentioned, this hop-up can come later on when you master the car and require extra punch/speed.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:26 AM   #374
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

I notice that the Mugen MTX-2 also has a Centax Clutch. Will that fit into the V-One R without modifications? Will the Fantom clutch also fit into the V-One R without modification?
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:30 AM   #375
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo
I notice that the Mugen MTX-2 also has a Centax Clutch. Will that fit into the V-One R without modifications? Will the Fantom clutch also fit into the V-One R without modification?
The MRX-3 + MTX-2 clutch are exactly the same unit. I have owned both. Only difference is that the spring that comes stock with the MRX-3 clutch is stiffer then the one that comes with the Pro. Everything else is exactly the same.

Im sure Moon said that he needed to run different engine mounts (RPM/GPM or something) to get it to fit on his Kyosho.

Oh and BTW, the Mugen MTX-2 Pro comes standard with the Centax clutch, the standard MTX-2 uses a standard 3 piece clutch.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net