Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 05:33 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I think they're talking about T's
Old 09-01-2002, 12:10 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys, which way should the wheel on my starter box be turning if u look at it from the from, towards me or away from me, i have an ofna pink starter box
thxs in advance
Old 09-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
hey guys, which way should the wheel on my starter box be turning if u look at it from the from, towards me or away from me, i have an ofna pink starter box
thxs in advance

asd - your starter wheel should be rotating clockwise

Manticore I stand corrected on the collari - I guess it's a crap shoot on the picco carbs. I put a RB carb on the collari xs12 I was having problems with and 2 needle tweaks and it runs like a champ now.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Regional Moderator

I have a Picco carburetor in my Picco .12 RR. It always holds the needle settings accurately and is a breeze to tune. I am surprised I hear alot of people having trouble with them. Maybe Ernie is fiddling with the Picco carbs so people will buy his Rossis and Sirios!

Anyone see the new "Team Only" Reflex NT? It is going to have new "Gray-colored Stiffer Suspension Components". Does anyone think this is a good idea? Reflex owners have changed over to V1R parts since the "Black-colored" Reflex parts were too stiff and brittle. The V1R suspension components are a little more flexible and less brittle, so they do not break on impact. These new parts seem do be the opposite of what you would want to do. What do you guys think of this?

Last edited by racer rich; 09-01-2002 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:59 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys, how do u guys prime ur engines, and
when i start my os 12 tr it idles for a bit then stops and i have to start it up again, should i lean out the mixture, or should i open the throttle screw a bit
thxs
Old 09-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racer rich
I have a Picco carburetor in my Picco .12 RR. It always holds the needle settings accurately and is a breeze to tune. I am surprised I hear alot of people having trouble with them. Maybe Ernie is fiddling with the Picco carbs so people will buy his Rossis and Sirios!

Anyone see the new "Team Only" Reflex NT? It is going to have new "Gray-colored Stiffer Suspension Components". Does anyone think this is a good idea? Reflex owners have changed over to V1R parts since the "Black-colored" Reflex parts were too stiff and brittle. The V1R suspension components are a little more flexible and less brittle, so they do not break on impact. These new parts seem do be the opposite of what you would want to do. What do you guys think of this?
well from my understanding the collari's didn't go through ernie's shop. But anyways - I was with you racer rich thought it was just people who didn't know how to tune engines complaining about these carbs till I got hit with a bad one. I have another collari in a yokomo I got used from simulatedwood runs like a champ, never had the slightest of problems with it. It kinda sucks to spend 200 dollars on an engine and then still have to put another manufacturer's carb on it.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by patelladragger

well from my understanding the collari's didn't go through ernie's shop.
Yes, but the Picco carbs might do.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Just a FYI guys.

I ran my fairly new V1RR GT today after making some modifications. DAMN this thing is free in the drivetrain now.

I am using the Blue Bearings from ebay, the tobee craft shafts, v1rr pulleys, and the rubber belts. It is an absolute rocketship under acceleration, and I am still using the gear diffs at both ends.

Also using the Fantom Yellow springs this thing almost handles like an electric car now, no wash on cornering. An electric driver friend of mine drove it and had a grin from ear to ear. I finally got it to how I like it
Old 09-02-2002, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

AMG. u mean u use all yellow??
isnt that harder than the old spring?
Old 09-02-2002, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jack
AMG. u mean u use all yellow??
isnt that harder than the old spring?
Yes seems to be. By the old "feel" test the yellow fantoms (I got the correct ones for front and rear) are harder than the gold V1R springs. But not that much harder. If your track has heaps of grip available give it a go. If not then you will slide all over the place.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Just a FYI guys.

I ran my fairly new V1RR GT today after making some modifications. DAMN this thing is free in the drivetrain now.

I am using the Blue Bearings from ebay, the tobee craft shafts, v1rr pulleys, and the rubber belts. It is an absolute rocketship under acceleration, and I am still using the gear diffs at both ends.

Also using the Fantom Yellow springs this thing almost handles like an electric car now, no wash on cornering. An electric driver friend of mine drove it and had a grin from ear to ear. I finally got it to how I like it
I have some of those blue bearings, was going to wait to install them when the stock bearings wore - but if they make that much difference I'm going to try them now.

Why did you not buy the used ritchey AMG?

No one runs solid axle front and rear?
Old 09-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Setup comments...

Hi Everybody...
Need some advice on my setup which i run my car on a small track with medium-high grip surface. Sometimes i just cant get any closer to other cars...i am wondering if there could be something wrong in my setup.
Ok, when i enter the corner and turn, the car rolls/ slides (in other word, 'run wide') and slow me down.

My setting is:

Front Geometry:
-Anti Roll bars -> 90 degree
-Camber L/R -> -3 degree
-Toe out -> 1 degree
-Front One-way
-Tyre 35 shore 6 spoke yellow Ellegi (26mm)
-Spring -> Stock
-Shock Oil -> Stock
-Front Shock Tower Not use
-Ride Height -> 5 mm
-Track Width -> 198mm
-Downstop -> -1

Rear Geometry:
-Sway bar -> Stock (black)
-Camber L/R -> -4 degree
-Toe In -> 2.5 degree
-Diff Gear -> Stock
-Diff Grease -> Tornado 100K
-Tyre 35 shore 6 spoke yellow Ellegi (30mm)
-Spring -> Orange (Kyosho)
-Shock Oil -> Stock
-Ride Height -> 6 mm
-5 Star Shock Tower -> Lowest Hole
-Track Width -> 200mm
-Downstop -> 5mm

Please comment on this setup...thanks in advance...
Old 09-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bearing...

Originally posted by patelladragger

I have some of those blue bearings, was going to wait to install them when the stock bearings wore - but if they make that much difference I'm going to try them now.

Why did you not buy the used ritchey AMG?

No one runs solid axle front and rear?
Hi Patella:
Any idea of where can i get the blue bearings?
How many of them should i buy? and what are the sizes?
Thanks...
Old 09-02-2002, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

you get them from the seller named teambluestar on ebay.

Here is an auction for a set - closes in tonight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1762614719

He sells them in complete sets for all the popular kits so you dont' have to worry about the sizes.

FYI DO NOT get into a bidding war and pay more than 30 dollars for them - he's always putting out new auctions for them. I have heard good things about them but never actually installed them.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Setup comments...

Originally posted by RClover
Hi Everybody...
Need some advice on my setup which i run my car on a small track with medium-high grip surface. Sometimes i just cant get any closer to other cars...i am wondering if there could be something wrong in my setup.
Ok, when i enter the corner and turn, the car rolls/ slides (in other word, 'run wide') and slow me down.

My setting is:

Front Geometry:
-Anti Roll bars -> 90 degree
-Camber L/R -> -3 degree
-Toe out -> 1 degree
-Front One-way
-Tyre 35 shore 6 spoke yellow Ellegi (26mm)
-Spring -> Stock
-Shock Oil -> Stock
-Front Shock Tower Not use
-Ride Height -> 5 mm
-Track Width -> 198mm
-Downstop -> -1

Rear Geometry:
-Sway bar -> Stock (black)
-Camber L/R -> -4 degree
-Toe In -> 2.5 degree
-Diff Gear -> Stock
-Diff Grease -> Tornado 100K
-Tyre 35 shore 6 spoke yellow Ellegi (30mm)
-Spring -> Orange (Kyosho)
-Shock Oil -> Stock
-Ride Height -> 6 mm
-5 Star Shock Tower -> Lowest Hole
-Track Width -> 200mm
-Downstop -> 5mm

Please comment on this setup...thanks in advance...
from what I see you have gone to a softer rear spring but still have the relatively stiff front black front spring, try a kyosho green spring in the front to allow more weight transfer to the front for more steering. You may get more steering than you want with the green in which case you could run a harder shore like 40 or 42 in the front tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.