Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 11:37 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey everyone, i was just wondering how old everyone here is,(sorry if this is considered "chat")

i'm 13

you dont have to answer if you dont wanna, just curious, thats all
Old 08-16-2002, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The correct setting of Fr Anti Roll Bars...

Originally posted by dtm

Now you have got me a bit lost!! I think we are talking about 2 differents things here. First the roll bar needs to be set up right during installation....the second is that you can change the setting of the roll bar after it has been correctly installed (setup).

To setup a roll bar correctly refer to the Xray link, it is the same principal but just on a different car! To change the "setting" of the roll bar it is just a case of changing the angle of the flat portion of the blades...I think we have agreed on this point!

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=253
Hmm...i think i might have used the wrong sentence and led to certain degree of misunderstanding of what i was trying to convey...let me rephrase my question...

My question :
When installing the anti-roll bars, do we need to have the 2 bars' meeting point to point upwards? [like i saw in impulse]
Or install the 2 bars in a straight line [not pointing up and but horizontally]?

Thanks...
Old 08-16-2002, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The correct setting of Fr Anti Roll Bars...

Originally posted by RClover

Hmm...i think i might have used the wrong sentence and led to certain degree of misunderstanding of what i was trying to convey...let me rephrase my question...

My question :
When installing the anti-roll bars, do we need to have the 2 bars' meeting point to point upwards? [like i saw in impulse]
Or install the 2 bars in a straight line [not pointing up and but horizontally]?

Thanks...
\doesnt matter as long as it doesnt blind the suspension movement
Old 08-16-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The correct setting of Fr Anti Roll Bars...

Originally posted by Manticore

\doesnt matter as long as it doesnt blind the suspension movement
The reason i posted this question is because i find it impossible to have the 2 bars pointing upwards.
So i gotta install them in a straight line. However, when i tried to press down the front, the meeting point touches the chassis and it seems [no matter what angle i set i.e. soft, medium & hard] i cant feel the difference...!
Juz wondering if i had done something wrong during installation...
R u guys having your anti-roll bars pointing up or in a straight line?
Can any1 kindly snap a pic of your Front Anti Roll Bars and lemme have a look?

Many thanks

Last edited by RClover; 08-16-2002 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The correct setting of Fr Anti Roll Bars...

Originally posted by RClover

The reason i posted this question is because i find it impossible to have the 2 bars pointing upwards.
So i gotta install them in a straight line. However, when i tried to press down the front, the meeting point touches the chassis and it seems [no matter what angle i set i.e. soft, medium & hard] i cant feel the difference...!
Juz wondering if i had done something wrong during installation...
R u guys having your anti-roll bars pointing up or in a straight line?

Many thanks
i think your front tire is super big !!

you cannot feel the difference when you press the front end of the car while both wheels moving upward. hold the car and try to lift one side of the wheel and you will see the difference.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:50 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Yes you will not notice any difference if you push down the front of the car because you are moving both wheels. Anti roll bar only works when one wheel is taking more load....try just lifting one wheel only!!
Old 08-16-2002, 05:05 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by asd
hey everyone, i was just wondering how old everyone here is,(sorry if this is considered "chat")

i'm 13

Significantly older....switch your 2 digits over and you still don't get to my age!!
Old 08-16-2002, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Battery charger

May i know which battery charger do guys normally use that can charge starterbox battery packs, Receiver pack, or maybe Transmitter battery?
I am looking at a mid-range charger. Orbit and Chameleon charger is way too expensive...cannot afford!
Charger like Orbit and Chameleon are meant for PROs who play more Electric Cars?
A friend recommended Apex Beta+ to me, made in HK. And i read some info on their page at www.apexhk.com. But is now considering it as it is much cheaper and affordable.
Can u guys comment on chargers please?
thnkx
Old 08-16-2002, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

I just want to thank everyone for their help on the problem I had earlier, comes down to the Radio I was using had a severe problem, and at full throttle the steering servo had full tilt left, problem solved.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by VONEREFLEXR
I just want to thank everyone for their help on the problem I had earlier, comes down to the Radio I was using had a severe problem, and at full throttle the steering servo had full tilt left, problem solved.
ahhh....not the most obvious solution...but you're right....a servo that is on its way out can do this!! Glad you sorted it anyway!
Old 08-16-2002, 06:45 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Battery charger

Originally posted by V-1-R
May i know which battery charger do guys normally use that can charge starterbox battery packs, Receiver pack, or maybe Transmitter battery?
thnkx
I'm no "Pro" but I mainly use the CE Pitbull.....
Old 08-16-2002, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by asd

i'm 13

Add 10yrs and you got my age
Old 08-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by asd
how did your drag racing go compaq888?
It went allright we stayed on the parking lot till 8:30 pm we turned on our car lights turned up eminem and did some high speed runs, we both need to replace our piston and sleeve cause i can't get any low end, i just finished the 4th gallon last night on my traxxas engine, and yes i tried tuning it, it's the piston and sleeve, but i'm not going to get a new piston and sleeve cause it's not worth it for a traxxas engine i will save up my money and get a rb x12 for my super
Old 08-16-2002, 10:37 AM
asd
Tech Addict

i went to the track yesterday with my NTC3 and i broke another differential case(yeesh!)
i really hope that when i get the V One RR it will a lot more durable than the NTC3
but i must say, the NTC3 is fast
i wonder if the V One RR can keep up with NTC3?
Old 08-16-2002, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

asd that is what we were arguing about in the v one rr, serpent impulse, ntc3 , etc thread that the v one rr is more durable, the v one rr can keep up with the ntc3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.