R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2002, 11:48 AM   #3196
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY


You made a good point

But, most of us who have this car think its a good design,
A better idea would have a rear upper control arm that is simular in design like the front.
the control arm design in the rear is nice but the drawback is that it will increase the rear traction or take away some steering. Impulse is a good example. The Corally C4 has this control arm at first but corally took it off and replaced it with a camber link.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:38 PM   #3197
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rbgti
Well I tried, only trying to get insight, which helps everybody.

Of course we are racing them, thats why we need to know how to tune every aspect that is tunable, to get the best performance and have a better time racing.

Just wanted to point out an observation of the design of the car.

Oh well.....thanks anyways.

Peace
I wish I could help more! I really do not understand most of what you were saying! I am for sure no chassis expert. Just letting you know what works well and runs on the pace at our track.

AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:39 AM   #3198
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer


I wish I could help more! I really do not understand most of what you were saying! I am for sure no chassis expert. Just letting you know what works well and runs on the pace at our track.

agree, there is no simple formula on the car set up cuz there are too many variable that hinder the performance of an RC car.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:48 AM   #3199
Tech Regular
 
kidlat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bahay
Posts: 253
Default

hi manti, read your mention that 12tr won't have the punch if you use the 24t pulley so w/h engine is suited for it. i'm interested in having 24t pulley but i drive a 12 tr with my v1r. also where in hongkong can i buy the 24t pulley set with matching belts. might be in hongkong within next month. thanks
Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


OS TR wont have the torque to punch with the 24T pulley on the main shaft even with 15/19 out of corner.

About mid oneway. it is a oneway bearing built in the 24T pulley on the mid shaft. It has less effect on foam tire racing but definitely good for rubber tire as this will give you better off power steering.
kidlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 05:07 PM   #3200
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 67
Send a message via ICQ to rbgti
Default

HEHEHE thanks anyways everybody.

I just tried the 24t pully conversion on the rear. Doesn't work very well with the 27t front. Have to run it with the 25t, or else the belt is too tight and slows down the drivetrain.

Good top end speed, but hella slow bottom em. Gotta get the 15t/19t pinions.
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:03 AM   #3201
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder


yeah 18/22 gears provide much more top end.

if it is a bit boat like arounded s's just put in thicker shock oil. i had this exact problem, i put 80wt integy oil front 60 rear and it solved the problem.

you can changed springs if you like but it realy isn't neccessary. i noticed that the gold springs at the front gave a bit of exit understeer, but it was a little more responsive when entering. i've recently went to gold front springs at the rear (the front springs are a little smaller) and put the castor all the way back. it feels and hooks up really well on my street (standard fine asphalt) but haven't yet tryed this set up on my local track. but like i said, changing the springs isn't really neccessary i only did this out of curiosity.

i have gone to a gold front sway bar, but on a small track to medium track i don't think it is needed.

i c..., perhaps the track that i played was too slippery and oily (a tennis court converted into a medium track). I running on foams but those guys run on rubber are fast and smooth...
BTW, i'm running the V-1-R wide sponge tyre with front & rear swaybars version. How about u? RR? I think most of the ppl here on the forum run RR, rite?

Another thing that puzzles me is the rear shocks. I built the shocks as in the manual, which says use the MEDIUM 4.8mm ball end. And 'click' the bottom end of the shock into the stud ball on the rear lower arm. Now, my question is which hole (Upper/Lower) should i use for the stud ball?

Currently, i am using the Lower hole the stud ball which i think is wrong as i noticed the manual is fitted on the Upper hole.
Could you confirm this?

Because when i tried on the Upper hole, the shocks were compressed and become STIFF and HARD and the chassis was raised to 10-11mm...and i couldnt bring the ride height down...what's wrong here?

OR should i use the SMALL 4.8mm Ball End on the bottom end of the shocks and fix the stud ball on the Upper hole of the rear lower arm?

I have ordered a Front Adjustable Anti Roll Bar. How to set this anti roll bars? If i want more rear grip, set to hard?


Kindly advise...
THanks a million...

Last edited by RClover; 07-30-2002 at 12:08 AM.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:45 AM   #3202
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CINCINNATI, OHIO
Posts: 109
Send a message via AIM to tone
Default

everbody my question is what is the difference when you use the top or bottem holes on the rear upright. Thanks tone
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:51 AM   #3203
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover

Currently, i am using the Lower hole the stud ball which i think is wrong as i noticed the manual is fitted on the Upper hole.
Could you confirm this?

Because when i tried on the Upper hole, the shocks were compressed and become STIFF and HARD and the chassis was raised to 10-11mm...and i couldnt bring the ride height down...what's wrong here?
Don't use the lower hole. Kyosho made the lower H-arm that way so it can be used for left and right, i guess. You shouldn't be able to use the lower hole becasue the shock body would be rubbing against the H-arm. Wonder how you did it. Did you used the end caps for the front shocks ?

If the spring is too long that would happen. Also check if you used the right end caps. The front end caps are thicker than the rear end caps.

Data
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:16 AM   #3204
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by Data


Don't use the lower hole. Kyosho made the lower H-arm that way so it can be used for left and right, i guess. You shouldn't be able to use the lower hole becasue the shock body would be rubbing against the H-arm. Wonder how you did it. Did you used the end caps for the front shocks ?

If the spring is too long that would happen. Also check if you used the right end caps. The front end caps are thicker than the rear end caps.

Data

The shock bodies are not rubbing against the H-Arm because i use the MEDIUM 4.8mm Ball end (is this what you called the 'end cap' ?) Yes, if i use the SMALL 4.8mm Ball end with the Lower hole, that will rub against the H-ARM.
However, the manual for this Kit (GRP Wide Sponge & swaybars version) indicates that i should use the MEDIUM 4.8mm ball end.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #3205
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

RCLover you are correct. The GRP version uses longer ballcups and the lower hole for some reason. I still do not know why. All other versions of the car use the upper hole. The rear shock will stand slightly more upright using the lower hole, thats the only difference I can see.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #3206
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover



The shock bodies are not rubbing against the H-Arm because i use the MEDIUM 4.8mm Ball end (is this what you called the 'end cap' ?) Yes, if i use the SMALL 4.8mm Ball end with the Lower hole, that will rub against the H-ARM.
However, the manual for this Kit (GRP Wide Sponge & swaybars version) indicates that i should use the MEDIUM 4.8mm ball end.
If you are running an V1R then you should use the rear upper hole on the H-arm. There are two types of spring retainer. check if you are using the same thickness spring retainer as the front. with your V1R kit, you should have extra 2 thinner or shorter spring retainer and you should be able to use short ball cap, upper hole and long rear springs.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:34 PM   #3207
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


If you are running an V1R then you should use the rear upper hole on the H-arm. There are two types of spring retainer. check if you are using the same thickness spring retainer as the front. with your V1R kit, you should have extra 2 thinner or shorter spring retainer and you should be able to use short ball cap, upper hole and long rear springs.
Spring retainer - do u mean the cap fitted right above the ballcap supporting the springs?
I have 2 pairs of springs (orange & green) bought it years back when i was running Super10. These springs are little longer than the current stock springs. I wonder if they can be used with my stock shocks...?
Kindly advise...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:09 PM   #3208
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 56
Default

hi...
i where can get the 24 pulley? Who make them..i have no problem with the belt...i already bought a yokomo rear belt and bando side belt..now i just need the 24 pulley..Somene said v1rr can use mtx 24 pulleys any website can i order the 24 pulleys?

thanks..
deeno_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:26 PM   #3209
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover


Spring retainer - do u mean the cap fitted right above the ballcap supporting the springs?
I have 2 pairs of springs (orange & green) bought it years back when i was running Super10. These springs are little longer than the current stock springs. I wonder if they can be used with my stock shocks...?
Kindly advise...
yes, the plastic spring retainer sit about the ball cap.

dunno much about super 10 springs.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:11 PM   #3210
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Hey Manticore, any word on those Ts
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net