R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-25-2002, 08:08 AM   #3166
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
i don't know there is the part of $125 more for the kit!
Well I'm not sure of the indivdual prices for the items but you are getting the front one-way, centax clutch, SP belts....along with the lola body (or Proform body if you get the GT), better body mounts, wide hexes to allow you to install wide tires in the back.....it all adds up to more than $125 pretty quick!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 08:10 AM   #3167
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Also, if you purchase overseas, things will work out cheaper still!! RR's aren't worth much in Hong Kong and Japan...the market has been flooded!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 08:20 AM   #3168
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

oh, uh hum! Manticore, hook me up!
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:28 AM   #3169
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
The centax will make a big difference! The options will add up if you upgrade from the R..... in the long run the RR is actually cheaper. Front one-way has no problems with tight turns, in fact if you run on a large track with sharp hairpins, then a front one-way with solid rear "axle" will be almost unbeatable! You would just scarifice a bit of tire wear!

Solid rear axles only have problem when it comes to a series of tight turns. Sometimes it is worth scarificing those turns for the rest of the track.
RR is the best value for money amount RR and R and even for the rest of the same class.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:33 AM   #3170
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
oh, uh hum! Manticore, hook me up!
go to harmony !!!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 10:11 AM   #3171
Tech Fanatic

Default Gearing

Thanks 4 the tips Venom...

What is the gearing commonly used by you guys? Stock 16/20?
Can we really feel the difference if change to 18/22? Coz i havent tried the stock ones...

How about front and rear springs? Should i change the springs? Can any one share some info on this...coz' i find the rear a little 'washy' when taking sharp corner at mid throttle...

thanks
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:16 PM   #3172
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

go to harmony !!!
Where is that? do you have the address for that?
Old 07-25-2002, 10:00 PM   #3173
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default upgrades

hey guys, wat are the neccessary upgrades for the v-one r? all i have is front universals and vented brake discs
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 10:27 PM   #3174
Tech Master

Default Re: upgrades

You need alum brake adapter.. and the Alum L braces and the one for the rear exhaust..
other than that. u dont need much.... car is as good as it get..
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 11:16 PM   #3175
Tech Elite

In my opinion you dont need much. I liked the rear hardened hingepins since these bend a little easy. Also if you have an R the RR front swaybar mounts are superior.

This is all you really NEED. Other worthwhile mods:

Kawahara rear diff
RR soft belts
RR pulleys
Fixed axle hexes
if you have a lola body large rollover bar
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 11:51 PM   #3176
Tech Elite

Default Re: Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
Thanks 4 the tips Venom...

What is the gearing commonly used by you guys? Stock 16/20?
Can we really feel the difference if change to 18/22? Coz i havent tried the stock ones...

How about front and rear springs? Should i change the springs? Can any one share some info on this...coz' i find the rear a little 'washy' when taking sharp corner at mid throttle...

thanks
yeah 18/22 gears provide much more top end.

if it is a bit boat like arounded s's just put in thicker shock oil. i had this exact problem, i put 80wt integy oil front 60 rear and it solved the problem.

you can changed springs if you like but it realy isn't neccessary. i noticed that the gold springs at the front gave a bit of exit understeer, but it was a little more responsive when entering. i've recently went to gold front springs at the rear (the front springs are a little smaller) and put the castor all the way back. it feels and hooks up really well on my street (standard fine asphalt) but haven't yet tryed this set up on my local track. but like i said, changing the springs isn't really neccessary i only did this out of curiosity.

i have gone to a gold front sway bar, but on a small track to medium track i don't think it is needed.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:18 AM   #3177
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to rbgti

I'm actually about to try out springs from the 1/8 Fantom. I currently use Gold fronts and black backs with 50wt all round.

'if it is a bit boat like arounded s's just put in thicker shock oil'
I don't understand this sentence??!?!?!?!?

You put 80wt oil with the black springs? Didn't it make your car less responsive?
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:34 AM   #3178
Tech Addict

v one rr it is, if i'll get problems from the one way i'll just buy the regular diff
Old 07-26-2002, 12:34 AM   #3179
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to rbgti

I'VE GOT A QUESTION FOR THE PROS HERE, I'D LIKE AN ANSWER FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT....=)

I know that putting the rear camber link on the bottom hole gives a nice aggressive bite on turn in, but, doesn't it ruin the balance of the car?

Just look at the angles on the front suspension. The roll centre on the front is very low, meaning the roll moment is very long. Look at the rear of the car with the camber link on the bottom hole mount, the roll centre is very high, therefore the roll moment is short.

So doesn't this set up upset the balance of the car??? Technically it should. So how would you compensate for this setup? You could use a harder spring up front, but, this still doesn't fix the balance of the car (plus this gives you less steering/grip at the apex). A balanced car like some of the ones I've seen on my track goes WAY faster then any souped-up VoneR I've seen.

Love my VoneR, but this is one of my dislikes about the car, one cannot change the geometry of the front of the car. I love the car's weight balance (placement of components on the chassis), but so far I don't think there is a way of attaining perfect (or as close to) balance when the car is kinetic.

Thank you for your reply...
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:26 AM   #3180
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I would'nt worry about it too much because almost all of the "PRO" nitro touring cars out there have non-adjustable front suspension geometry with the exception of the AE NTC3(and the HPI cars if you can call em "Pro")

Just keep on adjusting the suspension until you get an overall balanced feel. Sometimes theory can screw you up.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote