R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-11-2002, 04:22 AM   #3046
Tech Apprentice

Default Rich??

Rich,
here is everything you need for the conversion not including a complete rear shocks, 30mm foams, and the part number for the turnbuckles which is posted in a previous above post. Add these prices to the ones below and shipping cost from hong Kong and you will see that you should just buy a VoneRR Kit!!

KY-VZ083
Kyosho - Rear Body Mount Parts
Rear Body Mount Parts US$ 7.00 US$ 7.00
KY-VZ085
Kyosho - Rear Stabilizer Bar for V-One-RR
Rear Stabilizer Bar for V-One-RR US$ 8.00 US$ 8.00
KY-VZ088
Kyosho - Body Mount Post
Body Mount Post US$ 3.00 US$ 3.00
KY-VZ098
Kyosho - Rear Body Mount
Rear Body Mount US$ 3.00 US$ 3.00
FS-2023
Five Star - Rear Universial Shaft for V-One-RR
Rear Universial Shaft for V-One-RR US$ 32.00 US$ 32.00
FS-2029
Five Star - Aluminum Suspension Ball End for V-One-RR
Aluminum Suspension Ball End for V-One-RR US$ 7.00 US$ 7.00
KV-032
3 Racing - Rear Upper Arm Screw for V-One-RR
Rear Upper Arm Screw for V-One-RR US$ 5.71 US$ 5.71
KY-VZW003
Kyosho - V-One Rear Stabilizer Set
V-One Rear Stabilizer Set US$ 15.00 US$ 15.00
SKR-33
Square - Rear Body Mount for V-One-RR
Rear Body Mount for V-One-RR US$ 37.99

Hope this helps!!
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:46 AM   #3047
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Racer Rich!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by racer rich

.......................I need to do this conversion will cost around $200. A new V-OneRR kit from Tower Hobbies costs $400. Thats a $200 savings.........
You're spending 1/2 the price on a 1/4 of the parts.....doesn't sound like much value to me!!

Better off buying the RR at $400 (or whatever)...sell your Reflex at $100...and you can have a NEW toy to play with!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:55 AM   #3048
Regional Moderator

Default Re: OK RICH! Here is the bottom line!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
Rich,
I will be totally blunt with you on this one since it seems you are still having problems deciding what to do about this hybrid reflex fiasco! In order to make your reflex rear end identical to that of the VoneRR you will have to replace every single part from the rear bulkheads back! There is just no getting around it. I am 100% sure if you priced every part seperately for the VoneRR that you need for an exact conversion, I am sure it will be well over $200 no doubt! I know this because like I said, I did the conversion, only I did not use all VoneRR parts and I spent almost that much. I used a few aftermarket parts such as the (3 Racing) shock support and Universals along with every part that icon listed (pictured on the HPI site) for you! However, I kept my reflex shocks because new VoneRR shocks would have been just too dam expensive. That is why I could not get a good setup. Also I did not have VoneRR turnbuckles. So understand for matched perfection you would have to replace everything to VoneRR specs to see it perform like a VoneRR.

I think that what AMG Racer, Icon, and especially myself since I did this conversion, are nicely stating is that why go through all of that time and money when you can just get a VoneRR. This conversion is the type of thing rich kids do who have money to blow along side the powder cocaine!! I think that you stated you dont have that privilage!

You could save yourself money and time by importing a VoneRR from hong kong for almost the same price that it takes to do the conversion. I have no doubt that you can get a VoneRR for $280 to $300 from hong kong!! In fact here is the link for it stating it is $265 plus shipping! http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm

So it make absolutely no sense to do this conversion taking all into account. Remember you have not even factored in if you are going to tackle the problem of your front end and overdrive (pullies and belts scenario)!

I believe down in the bottom of your HEART you want a VoneRR!! DONT YOU??? Well, DONT YOU??
Then get one dude!!
OK, I think ordering all the parts for the conversion and fitting them on is going to be rather expensive and very troublesome.

Now, if I import and buy a V-One RR from Hong Kong or Japan, will it come with English instructions? I had a tough time assembliing my Kawahara Negative diff with no English and I will never finish a kit without English instructions. Also will a V-OneRR from Hong Kong or Japan be different in any way than a V-One RR I will buy here?

Also, does the V-One RR come with Universals or Dogbones for both front and rear?

Yes, I do want a V-OneRR. But my luck is after buying a V-OneRR Kyosho will come out with a new and better car or an aftermarket manufacturer will finally release a more effective floating rear body mount.

Thanks again.

Last edited by racer rich; 07-11-2002 at 08:58 AM.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:45 AM   #3049
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: OK RICH! Here is the bottom line!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by racer rich

Now, if I import and buy a V-One RR from Hong Kong or Japan, will it come with English instructions? I had a tough time assembliing my Kawahara Negative diff with no English and I will never finish a kit without English instructions. Also will a V-OneRR from Hong Kong or Japan be different in any way than a V-One RR I will buy here?

Also, does the V-One RR come with Universals or Dogbones for both front and rear?

Yes, I do want a V-OneRR. But my luck is after buying a V-OneRR Kyosho will come out with a new and better car or an aftermarket manufacturer will finally release a more effective floating rear body mount.

Thanks again.
1. English and Japanese instructions with VERY clear pictures!

2. Dogbones...fine for a GP car.....don't be fooled by what option manufacturers try to tell you!

3. Life's a bitch....thats the way things work in RC cars!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:48 AM   #3050
Regional Moderator

Kyosho V-One R Drive Belts

I have one more question regarding the V-One R (not RR) drive belts.

Should I spray the belts with WD-40 and let them sit overnight before installing them in my Reflex? In my Reflex's instructions it stated to spray the main belt (middle belt) with WD-40 and let it sit overnight. The drivetrain might feel too tight if you did not do that with the Reflex middle belt, so thats why they recomended to do that. The Reflex Drive Belts are made from a different material than the V-One R drive belts and is also not Kevlar reinforced (like the V-One R belts). Do you recommend doing that (spray with WD-40, sit overnight) to the V-OneR middle belt and/or the V-One R front and rear belts? I want to make sure before I assemble the whole car back together!

Thanks again!

Last edited by racer rich; 07-11-2002 at 09:50 AM.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:08 PM   #3051
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2

Besides the V-One R, what else are you bringing? Hot Rod's in Saugus is fun for 1/10 gas, electric, and 1/12 electric. 1/8th gas is fun at KZ in Sun Valley, Crystal Park in Compton, and Revelation in Montclair, not to mention 1/10 gas/electric also at Revelation. So. Cal in Huntington Beach is the place for 1/10 electric sedan and pan car (Sat. nite!). A few hobby shops sponsor fun races also (Ultimate, Hobbies Unlimited). You've also got the Tamiya only track in Mission Viejo. I think north Orange County/East San Gabriel Valley would be the most central location for the easiest access (near Speedtech!) to most of our tracks. It's about 1/2 hour from downtown L.A. and within an 1 1/2 hr. at most to everything. Most places race Sunday. Oh yeah, I'd consider Elite Hobbies in Covina, Pegasus in Montclair, Speedtech in Walnut, and Ultimate in Orange, to be our best hobby shops for on-road stuff.
Oh I forgot I am also bringing my Serpent Impact
I do not currently own a electric car, so I would say nitro friendly tracks would be a must

Oh yea is there a way I could hook up with some of you people down there so I could put faces to names
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:11 PM   #3052
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

I do not currently own a electric car, so I would say nitro friendly tracks would be a must

Oh yea is there a way I could hook up with some of you people down there so I could put faces to names
Yeah, drop me an e-mail when you come out!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:24 PM   #3053
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:

why you dont come to Hong Kong HAM and race with us?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 10:00 PM   #3054
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

why you dont come to Hong Kong HAM and race with us?
Well that would be REAL Nice but I have a couple of problems

1. Los Angeles is about 6-7 hour drive

2. Hong Kong is like 14hour flight

3. cheaper to go to LA

But you do know if I get the urge to dust off the ol passport I will think about it
Old 07-11-2002, 10:01 PM   #3055
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2

Yeah, drop me an e-mail when you come out!
Will do
Old 07-11-2002, 11:37 PM   #3056
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I am probably going to be in the area for about 4 days maybe 5

any suggestions

Stay at Crystal Park Hotel then you can race day and night

the kid
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 11:38 PM   #3057
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
So ah10 How is that Kawahara clutch
I can tell you the clutch grabs very very hard! I didnt even set it engage late just a blimp on throttle, but once it engages it grabs really hard and all 4 wheels will spin hard while the car is still standing still!

But I would suggest using Mugen gold clutch spring instead of the black one comes with the package because the one comes with the package, the wire gauge is too thick so it doesnt compress much!

Of course it has good and bad area as well, good are small, low cg, grabs hard and such.... but the tunablity is not as wide as mugen centex. Put it this way, the mugen one you can set up the clutch to engage really really late but the Kawahara one you cant and if you do the clutch will slip big time!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 11:49 PM   #3058
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Dan I am finally back on the board hello guys again
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 12:20 AM   #3059
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo
Dan I am finally back on the board hello guys again
Hiya mundo ! where have you been pal? miss your avatar so much !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 01:06 AM   #3060
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Hey MOON! Yah just been on a long work project that kept me very busy, also bought a new house and had to get that set up, and a bunch of other things. I still race though however, just been too busy tio get on the newsgroups. However I am back finally where I belong. By the way MOON I have yet to find that 15 tooth V-ONE R pinion gear that you posted a pic of. Is it out yet? I am soooo behind on the tech stuff as I haven't gone on the boards to see the news lately. At least my car is racing great. I am currently 2nd in the Sportsman Foam class series points race at my local track here (DELTA RC) and still running the 5 port RB turbo which is Unmodded! (I get almost 9 minutes per pit stop no joking and I out run most cars on the track!). I just have it very well tuned !

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

Hiya mundo ! where have you been pal? miss your avatar so much !
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote