R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2002, 11:30 PM   #3031
Tech Master

Jack, you are very rich! You have 2 V1Rs for sale and you got yourself a V1RR from HKG i presume?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 11:51 PM   #3032
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur
Jack, you are very rich! You have 2 V1Rs for sale and you got yourself a V1RR from HKG i presume?
hahaha
u are not counting that I have 2 Impluse as well
hehehe
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 12:01 AM   #3033
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

hahaha
u are not counting that I have 2 Impluse as well
hehehe

No MTXs?
Old 07-09-2002, 12:09 AM   #3034
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur

No MTXs?
nope
MTX is reserve for the likes of Master Manti
I wont be able to drive them
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 12:14 AM   #3035
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

nope
MTX is reserve for the likes of Master Manti
I wont be able to drive them
which means im in the same league as Manti bcos like him i drive a MTX too.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:35 PM   #3036
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

So ah10 How is that Kawahara clutch
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 08:36 PM   #3037
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Patelladragger: I got that head today Thanks
Old 07-10-2002, 08:16 PM   #3038
Regional Moderator

Kyosho V-One R and RR Drive Belts and Pullies

Hello. I posted this question on the HPI forum too, but maybe if I post here I can get a different viewpoints from other V-One R(R) owners as well. I have a question regarding the VZ069 and VZ071 V-One R and RR Drive Belts and the VZ008B V-One RR Pulley Set.

My first question is about the drive belts for the V-One R. The VZ069 210 drive belt is the FRONT Belt, am I right? And the VZ071 192 Drive Belt is the REAR Belt, am I right? It does not say on the packages whether they are front or rear although I know the front belt is somewhat larger than the rear belt, but I will ask first to see if I am right.

Here is my question with the V-One RR pulley set. The set includes, 18, 19, 19, 25, and 27 tooth pullies. I know that both 19 tooth pullies are used on the 2-Speed Transmission shaft (one for the brake pulley and one for the middle belt) but my question is about the 18, 25, and 27 tooth pullies. Now I know on the V-One R the 18 tooth pulley is for the middle shaft, and I "think" its used with the VZ069 210 Drive Belt, but when I was looking at Tower Hobbies homepage for V-One RR parts I noticed that they will soon have in stock a NEW VZW012 Special Front Belt 210 for the V-One RR. Is this NEW belt used for a different sized pulley? If so, what NEW different sized pulley(s) should it be used with (what sizes)? The V-One R VZ069 Belt is also 210 (I think its millimeters) so what is the difference between the V-One RVZ069 210 Belt and the NEW V-One RR VZW012 210 Drive Belt? They are both "210" so I think they are the same size, but am I right? What is this NEW drive belt supposedly used for? Is it made from a new belt material, and is it for use with the same size pulley(s) from the V-One R or a different size pulley(s) from the V-One RR?

My last question is about the 25 and 27 tooth pullies. I know the V-One R uses the 27 tooth pulley. I also know the V-One RR uses the 25 tooth pulley to overdrive the "Front". But again looking at Tower Hobbies' homepage I saw they list a NEW VZW016 Special Middle Belt 375 soon to be in stock. I think this new belt is used for the 25 tooth pulley, am I right? The 27 tooth V-One R middle belt is 378 (millimeters, I think) so the new belt is 3mm shorter to compenstate for the shorter pulley, am I right?

Thanks for taking your time to answer all these questions!

Last edited by racer rich; 07-10-2002 at 08:22 PM.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 09:25 PM   #3039
Tech Apprentice

Default Racer Rich!!!

The V One RR shocks have different rod ends for the shock shaft and also they are mounted via a long grub screw and then a ball is screwed onto it.

The RR's rear suspension geometry is completely diffferent from the R. It has a more laid down shock position by using a new shock tower. Because of this new design the bulkhead brace for the rear is also different.

As for the dogbone and axle, you dont need to change over to the shorter units if you dont plan to run 30mm foams. the RR dogbones are shorter w/ longer axle to accomodate for 30mm foams but still maintaining a 200mm width.

Racer Rich,
Above is Icons response to the differences between the cars. changing thes parts affects setup thus affecting performance. That is why the VoneRR was so much better than my modified reflex. They only way of getting the best of both worlds is to have a VoneRR and a Square rear body mount which is what essentially the new VoneRR GT selling in the US is. Either way you could run a lola body or a sedan body
[COLOR=blue
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 11:17 PM   #3040
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Racer Rich!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
The V One RR shocks have different rod ends for the shock shaft and also they are mounted via a long grub screw and then a ball is screwed onto it.

The RR's rear suspension geometry is completely diffferent from the R. It has a more laid down shock position by using a new shock tower. Because of this new design the bulkhead brace for the rear is also different.

As for the dogbone and axle, you dont need to change over to the shorter units if you dont plan to run 30mm foams. the RR dogbones are shorter w/ longer axle to accomodate for 30mm foams but still maintaining a 200mm width.

Racer Rich,
Above is Icons response to the differences between the cars. changing thes parts affects setup thus affecting performance. That is why the VoneRR was so much better than my modified reflex. They only way of getting the best of both worlds is to have a VoneRR and a Square rear body mount which is what essentially the new VoneRR GT selling in the US is. Either way you could run a lola body or a sedan body
[COLOR=blue
Dookiestick- Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I do plan on using 30mm foams, so I will have to change over to the shorter dogbone/universals. I have a question regarding the V-One RR kit. Does the V-One RR kit come with Universals (not dogbones) for both front and rear?

Also, do you know of any afternarket manufacturers that sell and make universals for the V-One RR? I am preferably looking for universals that will allow me to use 30mm foams while staying under the 200mm limit (like the rear universals or dogbones from a V-One RR).

I found these front and rear universals from 3 Racing at thier homepage. The front universals have 0mm offset and the rear universals have 2mm offset. Will the rear 2mm offset universals allow me to use 30mm foams while staying under the 200mm limit? If not, do you know of any other aftermarket manufacturers that make universals that do (allow me to stay under 200mm limit)? Here is a picture of them:

Lets say I completely convert the rear end and suspension of my Reflex identically to a V-OneRR. I buy the Floating Rear Body Mount, Universals, Kyosho Shocks, Kyosho short rear turnbuckles, and everthing else I need, will the performance of the converted Reflex match the V-OneRR? I don't see why; the rear suspension geometry and rear end will be completely identical to a V-OneRR.

I am trying to find the cheapest way out. I figure that everything I need to do this conversion will cost around $200. A new V-OneRR kit from Tower Hobbies costs $400. Thats a $200 savings. But do you still insist that whatever I do to make my Reflex's rear suspension identical to a V-OneRR it will still lack in performance to a V-OneRR? I don't know why it would, but then again you have done this conversion before and have both cars to compare so that is why I am asking you.

About converting the "mounting" of my Reflex shocks to the "mounting" of the V-OneRR shocks. You say that the Kyosho shocks have different rod ends, mounted via a long grub screw, and then a ball is screwed into it. Is there any way I can buy the Kyosho V-One RR replacement mounting parts and hardware and install them for my Reflex's shocks? I have already switched to V-One R lower shock mounting Ball Cups to achieve proper ride height, so converting them completely to V-One RR mounting hardware is no big deal. Do you guys have any part numbers for the Kyosho V-One RR shock mounting parts and hardware ( rod ends, grub screws, and balls)?

Thanks for your help. I am trying to do this without having to spend a fortune while achieving the best performance as possible. Is there any rumors of any aftermarket manufacturers producing a Floating Rear Body Mount for the V-OneR(R)/Reflex? It would be great if one would produce a Floating Rear Body Mount that would mount directly to the rear hubs. Does anyone know someone who makes an item like that or who plans on creating a part like that in the near future?

Thanks again.

Last edited by racer rich; 07-10-2002 at 11:25 PM.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 11:23 PM   #3041
Tech Master

I am thinking of making a Road trip down to the Los Angeles area to visit a few tracks and Hobby shops

I was wondering which would be the best to vist and take this into consideration. I would like to stay in a central location and will be willing to fan out from there,So please give me a good starting point. I have heard so many good thing about other tracks but would like to run there myself.

I am probably going to be in the area for about 4 days maybe 5

any suggestions
Old 07-10-2002, 11:56 PM   #3042
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Definitely Ultimate Hobbies!

As for tracks, Crystal Park is nice and So. Cal RC for electrics.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:29 AM   #3043
Tech Elite

Racer Rich. I would consider importing the V1RR from HK or Japan. They should run ya like $300 tops. Then you get all the gear you want + a body + a centax + a set of foams. Theres your extra $100 right there.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:19 AM   #3044
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I am thinking of making a Road trip down to the Los Angeles area to visit a few tracks and Hobby shops

I was wondering which would be the best to vist and take this into consideration. I would like to stay in a central location and will be willing to fan out from there,So please give me a good starting point. I have heard so many good thing about other tracks but would like to run there myself.

I am probably going to be in the area for about 4 days maybe 5

any suggestions
Besides the V-One R, what else are you bringing? Hot Rod's in Saugus is fun for 1/10 gas, electric, and 1/12 electric. 1/8th gas is fun at KZ in Sun Valley, Crystal Park in Compton, and Revelation in Montclair, not to mention 1/10 gas/electric also at Revelation. So. Cal in Huntington Beach is the place for 1/10 electric sedan and pan car (Sat. nite!). A few hobby shops sponsor fun races also (Ultimate, Hobbies Unlimited). You've also got the Tamiya only track in Mission Viejo. I think north Orange County/East San Gabriel Valley would be the most central location for the easiest access (near Speedtech!) to most of our tracks. It's about 1/2 hour from downtown L.A. and within an 1 1/2 hr. at most to everything. Most places race Sunday. Oh yeah, I'd consider Elite Hobbies in Covina, Pegasus in Montclair, Speedtech in Walnut, and Ultimate in Orange, to be our best hobby shops for on-road stuff.

Last edited by kevink2; 07-11-2002 at 01:23 AM.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:31 AM   #3045
Tech Apprentice

Default OK RICH! Here is the bottom line!!!

Rich,
I will be totally blunt with you on this one since it seems you are still having problems deciding what to do about this hybrid reflex fiasco! In order to make your reflex rear end identical to that of the VoneRR you will have to replace every single part from the rear bulkheads back! There is just no getting around it. I am 100% sure if you priced every part seperately for the VoneRR that you need for an exact conversion, I am sure it will be well over $200 no doubt! I know this because like I said, I did the conversion, only I did not use all VoneRR parts and I spent almost that much. I used a few aftermarket parts such as the (3 Racing) shock support and Universals along with every part that icon listed (pictured on the HPI site) for you! However, I kept my reflex shocks because new VoneRR shocks would have been just too dam expensive. That is why I could not get a good setup. Also I did not have VoneRR turnbuckles. So understand for matched perfection you would have to replace everything to VoneRR specs to see it perform like a VoneRR.

I think that what AMG Racer, Icon, and especially myself since I did this conversion, are nicely stating is that why go through all of that time and money when you can just get a VoneRR. This conversion is the type of thing rich kids do who have money to blow along side the powder cocaine!! I think that you stated you dont have that privilage!

You could save yourself money and time by importing a VoneRR from hong kong for almost the same price that it takes to do the conversion. I have no doubt that you can get a VoneRR for $280 to $300 from hong kong!! In fact here is the link for it stating it is $265 plus shipping! http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm

So it make absolutely no sense to do this conversion taking all into account. Remember you have not even factored in if you are going to tackle the problem of your front end and overdrive (pullies and belts scenario)!

I believe down in the bottom of your HEART you want a VoneRR!! DONT YOU??? Well, DONT YOU??
Then get one dude!!

Last edited by Dookiestick; 07-11-2002 at 03:36 AM.
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote