R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-07-2002, 06:53 PM   #3001
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down Floating body mounts or your reflex

RacerRich,
The point you are at right now was the same on I was at about three months ago. I also attempted to intergrate the VoneRR rear floating mount system and also the VoneRR front so I could get a better fit for a Lola body on my Reflex. AMG Racer was a great help to me when he emailed me the exact pictures of his VoneRR rear system like he has posted above. But before you make the investment, let me give you a little advice on the subject since I all ready did it. First off, you can get all the parts from rcmodel.com.hk online shop. The have online mail ordering system that usually takes from 7 to 14 business day to get to you. Now that you can buy the VoneRR here in the US, you may find parts at horizon hobbies or Tower hobbies in the very near future if it is not there all ready but expect to pay much more for the same parts in the US.
Check the post AMG racer posted for all the exact parts and be sure to get everyone you need!! Nothing suxs more then finding out you didnt get everything you needed and have to order again and wait again. Make sure to get the turnbuckles also for the VoneRR, and the swaybar kit for the VoneRR... Your Reflex ones will not work. I ran into problems in both of these areas when I tried to use the reflex ones. The turnbuckles for the VoneRR are shorter than the reflex one. Or if you are a handyman, You can cut your reflex turnbuckles but then they can never be used again on the regular reflex setup so you are better off just buying them. If you try to use the reflex turnbuckles you will find that you can not dial out the camber and will have tires that will not rest flat on the ground.
The sway bar kit's track Rods are also different even though the actual sway bar is the same. If you use the reflex swaybar system it will rub your spurgears teeth down to the gums no matter how much adjusting you do!!
The last thing is for the investment you make you will find that the downforce could be 100% better if it was intergrated into the wheel hubs like an Impact or a Vector. I say this because you can certainly tell the downforce is improved but not enough in my view and pocketbook to warrant the investment and time it takes to do it.
I purchased a VoneRR and have found that the handling is much better than my floating rear Reflex car even though they essentially have most of the same parts. If it is setup or some other factor I am unsure but if you have your heart set on it then GO FOR IT!!
Here are a few pictures of mine:
http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...1/site1073.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...1/site1069.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...1/site1074.JPG
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:58 PM   #3002
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Racer Rich see my reply on the HPI Forum.

http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/sho...7&pagenumber=2
Yes, thank you very much for that reply. I have some questions though about the parts you recommended to me for the floating rear body mount installation. I am a little confused on what everything is for and where it goes, so your help will be greatly appreciated!

I have a question regarding the VZ085 swaybars and the VZ088 Body Mount Post.

About the swaybars, I am not currently using rear swaybars on my Reflex. Do you have to run swaybars while using a floating rear body mount? This also means I don't have the hardware needed for the swaybars. I think those swaybars need, turnbuckles, ball cups and ends, ball end aluminum balls, and the "setcrew stopper collates". Does Kyosho package and sell the swaybars I need along with all the necessary hardware and parts? Is there any other aftermarket swaybar manufacturers that you recommend over Kyosho? I saw this Ant-Roll Bar Set on the K-Factory website. It looks awesome, but I don't know if it will work with a floating rear body mount. Would you know if this K-Factory Anti-Roll Bar set will work with a floating rear body mount? It is the part number, K113 Anti-Roll Bar Set. I can't post a picture of it here because for some reason it is not showing. It is at www.kfactoryracing.com

I also have a simple question regarding the VZ088 Body Mount Post. From the picture, I see this is an aluminum part. I think this aluminum piece fits and goes over the "very short and small" body mount posts on the VZ083 floating mount to kind of act like an adapter for the VZ089 "tall" body posts. Then, with the VZ088 Body Mount Post on the "very short" body posts, I believe you can fasten the VZ089 "tall" body mount posts to the VZ088 aluminum body mount posts so I can use touring bodies. Is this the way the installation goes? I am thinking of the VZ088 aluminum body mount as kind of as a "adapter", which allows me to screw or fasten the VZ089 "tall" body posts to the existing "very short" body posts on the VZ083 floating rear body mount. Also, since there is two "tall" body posts needed for this installation, would I also need two packages of the VZ088 aluminum Body mount posts since there is only one aluminum body post per package? I think you need one VZ088 aluminum body post for each VZ089 "tall" body post to complete the installation, am I right?

I apoligize of some of this sounds confusing. Its the best way I can explain it to give you guys a visual picture of what I am talking about.

Thanks again for your help guys!!

Rich

Last edited by racer rich; 07-07-2002 at 09:02 PM.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 09:23 PM   #3003
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Floating body mounts or your reflex

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
RacerRich,
The point you are at right now was the same on I was at about three months ago. I also attempted to intergrate the VoneRR rear floating mount system and also the VoneRR front so I could get a better fit for a Lola body on my Reflex. AMG Racer was a great help to me when he emailed me the exact pictures of his VoneRR rear system like he has posted above. But before you make the investment, let me give you a little advice on the subject since I all ready did it. First off, you can get all the parts from rcmodel.com.hk online shop. The have online mail ordering system that usually takes from 7 to 14 business day to get to you. Now that you can buy the VoneRR here in the US, you may find parts at horizon hobbies or Tower hobbies in the very near future if it is not there all ready but expect to pay much more for the same parts in the US.
Check the post AMG racer posted for all the exact parts and be sure to get everyone you need!! Nothing suxs more then finding out you didnt get everything you needed and have to order again and wait again. Make sure to get the turnbuckles also for the VoneRR, and the swaybar kit for the VoneRR... Your Reflex ones will not work. I ran into problems in both of these areas when I tried to use the reflex ones. The turnbuckles for the VoneRR are shorter than the reflex one. Or if you are a handyman, You can cut your reflex turnbuckles but then they can never be used again on the regular reflex setup so you are better off just buying them. If you try to use the reflex turnbuckles you will find that you can not dial out the camber and will have tires that will not rest flat on the ground.
The sway bar kit's track Rods are also different even though the actual sway bar is the same. If you use the reflex swaybar system it will rub your spurgears teeth down to the gums no matter how much adjusting you do!!
The last thing is for the investment you make you will find that the downforce could be 100% better if it was intergrated into the wheel hubs like an Impact or a Vector. I say this because you can certainly tell the downforce is improved but not enough in my view and pocketbook to warrant the investment and time it takes to do it.
I purchased a VoneRR and have found that the handling is much better than my floating rear Reflex car even though they essentially have most of the same parts. If it is setup or some other factor I am unsure but if you have your heart set on it then GO FOR IT!!
Here are a few pictures of mine:
http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...1/site1073.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...1/site1069.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...1/site1074.JPG
Dookiestick- Do you have the part numbers on the turnbuckles I need to complete the conversion? Also, when I looked at your pictures, the rear turnbuckles on your Reflex do not have rear upper ball ends (or eylets) at both ends of the turnbuckle. The end of the turnbuckle that points in the direction of the rear tire, does have a rear upper ball end, but the end of the turnbuckle that points in the direction of the shock tower and bulkhead seems to me to have an Upper Arm assembly instead of a rear upper ball end. Am I right?

Also, what do you guys think of the Square SKR-33 Body Mount (for the V-OneRR) I posted and pictured earlier? This seems to have all the parts I need, but is it for use with the stock Kyosho V-OneRR floating body mount system? I was told by someone that the Square Body Mount system will allow me to run touring car bodies on my Reflex while using the Kyosho V-OneRR floating rear body mount, is this true?

It would be a great deal of help to me if you guys can give me ALL the parts and part numbers I need for this conversion. Even down to the screws and nuts I need to properly install the floating rear body mount on my Reflex. I don't have alot of extra screws and parts, so whatever this installation requires I am going to have to buy them. I am on a limited income and I don't have the money to keep continuously ordering parts as I need them, so the problems and setbacks that you guys encountered while you were fitting the floating rear body mount on the Reflex I simply cannot afford.

Thanks for all your help! It is saving me alot of money and time(which BTW I don't have! )

Regards,

Rich

Last edited by racer rich; 07-07-2002 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:48 PM   #3004
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hey Manticore what has been happening on your side of the planet??
Have not heard to much from you on this thread
I am here I am here, What's up man?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:04 PM   #3005
Tech Apprentice

Default ok all ready!!!

Rich,
I just pulled out my VoneRR instruction manual and I have to say that the best thing I can do is take digital photos of the exploded view for the whole car that list part numbers. I ill post the picture on my web site.
(http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...ome.html-.html )
Basically when you see the pictures I will post, you will see that you basically need every part from the rear bulkheads back but not including the rear bulkheads. Most of what you need is in the parts bag you posted above but not everything.

I will also try and find the order form I used when I placed my order from hong kong. That would be the easiest way to go. If I find them I will email them to you.

You dont have to run the rear sway bars but then to me you are defeating the whole purpose of converting to the rear floating system. You must understand that the Kyosho VoneRR is a smaller version of the Kyosho Fantom 1/8th scale ON Road car. OnRoad cars are better built for tracks with sweeping turns and long straights. Some will disagree with me on this but if you are gonna do the conversion, you should be doing it for the Lola body/ extra down force application. Otherwise you are not only defeating te pupose but wasting your time when the stock reflex setup is applicable towards tighter tracks with lower speeds. You only get the down force application when you are going (VERY) fast, and that usually means in the long straights!!

Rich, I am not telling you this to discourage you in any way. I just want you to understand what you are getting into before you invest a bunch of money and time. If I had it to do all over again, I would have bought the VoneRR from the get go and kept my reflex stock instead of converting it like I did. For small tight turned tracks, I use my Reflex! For bigger tracks with long straights, I use my VoneRR!!
You may say what about the money issue of buying a second car? Well by the time you finish the conversion, add 33mm tires, the second (Square or Kose) rear mount for touring bodies, and any other essentials, you will have been able to buy at least a second hand VoneRR of the internet or from a friend.

The Square rear mount is not a floating type but you can use it in place of the long kyosho one so that you can adapt your touring car body (sedan body). You still must use the kyosho stuff and add the square mount on top of it. You must use the Square mount if you want to use a sedan body. The kyosho mount is for the Lola body only.

The turnbuckles have ball cups/ends on one side and the other end screws into a funny shaped arm attached (screwed into) to the rear bulkhead.

If you look carefully at the picture you posted you will notice there are no screws or nuts in it (no part numbers for these You will have to improvise) and no rear body mount post pin and shock supports (#W0158 and #VZ088) for the floating rear shocks. There is also no rear turnbuckle rod (#VZ077 and VZ083) and ball cups/ends.
You will also have to look at the dog bone issue. The Reflex dogbones will fit but will be prone to binding. I think this happens because the actual rear turnbuckle rods are shorter on the VoneRR. I fixed this problem by adding CVD's instead of the reflex dogbones.

The other problems you will encounter are the shock positions and setting the chassis ride height. You will be able to use one shock position instead of what you might think will be three. Could not figure this one out!! (think shocks are different). The chassis ride height was a bitch!! No one can again tell me that the reflex and the VoneR or RR are the same car. The ride height was difficult to set because I think the shocks of the two cars are different. So If you want it perfect you will have to improvise on this also but with some prayer and tenacity you should be able to get it to 5mm by playing with different length ball cups. Or just buy VoneRR shocks!! I can't think of anything else but if I do I will email you. Dont forget to check out my site for the exploded view. Ill post it some time tonight.

Laterz!!

Last edited by Dookiestick; 07-07-2002 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:18 AM   #3006
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tone
Default Mid-1-way

Does any body have the part # for the mid-1-way. And who sells it in the US. Tone
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:49 AM   #3007
Tech Champion

Default Re: Mid-1-way

Quote:
Originally posted by tone
Does any body have the part # for the mid-1-way. And who sells it in the US. Tone
the mid one-way is only good when you only run RUBBER TIRE. It will give you better off power steering.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:02 AM   #3008
Tech Adept

Default V-1-RR

Thanks. What's a good ride height for the RR front and rear. Do you use the gold springs? what tires work best for you on big tracks that puts VHT down? Are you using the same set-up that you put up on the thread ? thanks Tone
Old 07-08-2002, 07:40 AM   #3009
Tech Champion

Default Re: V-1-RR

Quote:
Thanks. What's a good ride height for the RR front and rear. Do you use the gold springs? what tires work best for you on big tracks that puts VHT down? Are you using the same set-up that you put up on the thread ? thanks Tone
our track doesnt have VHT treatment. just plain asphalt. Yes, I am using the same setup for a big track. I am using gold spring at the moment and I am sourcing a little bit harder springs for faster cornering. For our track. I am using 42/26mm front and 45/30mm rear.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:46 AM   #3010
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: V-1-RR

hey anth.. so how was your trip??just happen that when u went to china. i went over to HK, ...
sigh....
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:32 AM   #3011
Tech Adept

Default V-1-RR

Manticore so you use harder tires in the rear? what about your ride height and what about droop. Do you set your droop with the shocks on or off the car.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:31 AM   #3012
Tech Champion

Default Re: V-1-RR

Quote:
Manticore so you use harder tires in the rear? what about your ride height and what about droop. Do you set your droop with the shocks on or off the car.
if your track is smooth, make ride high as low as possible. I run 4mm front and rear at our track.

I set droop with shocks on the car.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:26 PM   #3013
Regional Moderator

Default Re: ok all ready!!!

Quote:
Rich,
I just pulled out my VoneRR instruction manual and I have to say that the best thing I can do is take digital photos of the exploded view for the whole car that list part numbers. I ill post the picture on my web site.
(http://home.attbi.com/~dashboy1/wsb/...ome.html-.html )
Basically when you see the pictures I will post, you will see that you basically need every part from the rear bulkheads back but not including the rear bulkheads. Most of what you need is in the parts bag you posted above but not everything.

I will also try and find the order form I used when I placed my order from hong kong. That would be the easiest way to go. If I find them I will email them to you.

You dont have to run the rear sway bars but then to me you are defeating the whole purpose of converting to the rear floating system. You must understand that the Kyosho VoneRR is a smaller version of the Kyosho Fantom 1/8th scale ON Road car. OnRoad cars are better built for tracks with sweeping turns and long straights. Some will disagree with me on this but if you are gonna do the conversion, you should be doing it for the Lola body/ extra down force application. Otherwise you are not only defeating te pupose but wasting your time when the stock reflex setup is applicable towards tighter tracks with lower speeds. You only get the down force application when you are going (VERY) fast, and that usually means in the long straights!!

Rich, I am not telling you this to discourage you in any way. I just want you to understand what you are getting into before you invest a bunch of money and time. If I had it to do all over again, I would have bought the VoneRR from the get go and kept my reflex stock instead of converting it like I did. For small tight turned tracks, I use my Reflex! For bigger tracks with long straights, I use my VoneRR!!
You may say what about the money issue of buying a second car? Well by the time you finish the conversion, add 33mm tires, the second (Square or Kose) rear mount for touring bodies, and any other essentials, you will have been able to buy at least a second hand VoneRR of the internet or from a friend.

The Square rear mount is not a floating type but you can use it in place of the long kyosho one so that you can adapt your touring car body (sedan body). You still must use the kyosho stuff and add the square mount on top of it. You must use the Square mount if you want to use a sedan body. The kyosho mount is for the Lola body only.

The turnbuckles have ball cups/ends on one side and the other end screws into a funny shaped arm attached (screwed into) to the rear bulkhead.

If you look carefully at the picture you posted you will notice there are no screws or nuts in it (no part numbers for these You will have to improvise) and no rear body mount post pin and shock supports (#W0158 and #VZ088) for the floating rear shocks. There is also no rear turnbuckle rod (#VZ077 and VZ083) and ball cups/ends.
You will also have to look at the dog bone issue. The Reflex dogbones will fit but will be prone to binding. I think this happens because the actual rear turnbuckle rods are shorter on the VoneRR. I fixed this problem by adding CVD's instead of the reflex dogbones.

The other problems you will encounter are the shock positions and setting the chassis ride height. You will be able to use one shock position instead of what you might think will be three. Could not figure this one out!! (think shocks are different). The chassis ride height was a bitch!! No one can again tell me that the reflex and the VoneR or RR are the same car. The ride height was difficult to set because I think the shocks of the two cars are different. So If you want it perfect you will have to improvise on this also but with some prayer and tenacity you should be able to get it to 5mm by playing with different length ball cups. Or just buy VoneRR shocks!! I can't think of anything else but if I do I will email you. Dont forget to check out my site for the exploded view. Ill post it some time tonight.

Laterz!!

Dookiestick- Thanks for the reply. I run my Relfex on a VERY LARGE and OPEN track called the SilverBowl raceway in Las Vegas, Nevada. It has huge straightaways and large sweeping turns. This is why I am making the floating rear body mount conversion.

You really need to help me out with this. The Reflex is my first nitro touring car, and I am not to familiar with the V-One R parts as well. I thought about giving up after not many people had the slightest idea of what I was explaining, but now with your help and others here I think it could be done.

Can you please list ALL the problems and setbacks you had and every part you needed to correct the problems that way I get the installation right from the start. I see you say that the Reflex universals don't work, but you switched to CVDs. Do you have the part numbers for the CVDs? Are they manufactured by MIP, or another company? Was there any other parts you had to replace to make the floating rear body mount work?

The pictures and diagrams are a GREAT HELP to me. They give me an idea of what I need to do. Also, your order form from Hong Kong will really lead me in the right direction.

I see you say that I need the Square or Kose body mount to run touring car bodies. I have seen the Sqaure body mounts, but not the Kose. Do you recommend the Kose body mounts over the Square body mounts. I run a Andy's/Yokomo Stratus.

Also, can you explain the problem you had with the shock pistons?I am puchasing the Trinity Delrin shock pistons which allow me to drill my own size piston holes, what size holes do you recommend for the pistons when using a floating rear body mount?

You say I need everything from the rear bulkheads back, but not the rear bulkheads? About the screws and nuts, were there any screws, nuts and assorted parts used on the floating rear body mount that were not used on the Reflex? I have 2 Reflexes, one to race and one for parts, so I have the identical spares of screws and nuts used from the Reflex kit. If there was any wierd sized screws, nuts, assorted parts and hardware that were not used on the Reflex kit, please let me know, that way I will get them in advance. No one carries Reflex parts in my area, so thats why I had to get 2 kits, but it seems like I will benefit from it with this floating body mount conversion.

I really appreciate all the help I am getting on this issue. I have been on the RC forums for 6+ years and never got the advice and help that I am getting here. I have raced electric touring and off-road for quite a while but I am totally new to the nitro-toruing car scene. Thanks for making this learning experience a whole lot easier!

Regards,

Rich

Last edited by racer rich; 07-08-2002 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:40 PM   #3014
Tech Apprentice

Default Rich!

Rich,
I am sorry but I could not post the photos of the exploded views for the VoneRR on my site. My digital camara suxs!! It is not clear enough to read the part numbers and the resolution is too low to show detail on how to assemble the rear portion of the car. In order to do this conversion you will need the VoneRR instruction manual unless you can make out the pictures that AMGRacer posted.

Like I said before in my previous post. Most of what you need is in VZ083 parts bag. But everything is not there to complete the job. Go back and re read my previous post for part numbers. That should give you everything you need with the exception of screws and nuts along with the Universal shafts from kyosho (#695016). These are the wide type for use with wide tire/wheel combo 32mm type. Perhaps CVD's was the wrong word to use. If you use the reflex universals with regular 26mm tire/wheel combo, it should work but I am not certain since I went the wide shaft route on mine. You will also need the hex wheel adapters if you use the wide wheel combo. I could not find the part number for that.

Order those parts I listed from the hong kong site I listed above. Then you will have to go to the hardware store to find the appropriate screws with locking nuts. There are no part numbers for the screws and nuts! They come with the VoneRR car but are not listed with a number (I hope that made sense). Once you get all your parts in hand, along with a owners manual or some good pictures, you will see what screws/nuts you need to by. Or check with AMG Racer..he might know if there is a screw/nut parts bag available for the car but I dont see one in the manual. I am unsure of their dimensions because I no longer have this setup... I bought a VoneRR and went back to stock on my Reflex. Getting these screws and nuts from the hardware store will not be your biggest problem so dont sweat that. Just take it with you when you go the the store. Your biggest problem once you get the car done is setup. It will not setup like the reflex or the VoneRR cars because the combination of different areas of the cars.

I have the square rear body mount but understand, it is not a rear floating mount. It is just eye candy for the standard VoneR or Reflex car. I ordered this originally for the reflex prior to making it a floating rear type. Since the square rear body mount comes in several pieces, you can take the top portion of it and adapt it to the rest of the rear floating system so that the car can accept sedan bodies. Kose makes one also but it is essentially the same as the square just the look is different. If you dont use the square rear body mount and decide to use just the kyosho stuff, you must understand only a Lola body can mount to it. If you look carefully at the VZ083 bag picture you can see the the longest part in the bag is for a Lola body...NOT a SEDAN ONE! So you will be using peices form the VZ083 bag and the parts from the square bag in order to mount a sedan body. OR..... you can wait to see if horizon or tower has parts for the NEW VoneRR GT car and order then. The VoneRR GT is essentially what you are attempting to make. It has a rear floating system but has rear mody mounts for a sedan touring body.

Like I said before concerning the shocks, The VoneRR and Reflex shocks are different from each other. This is why I had problems setting the ride height and loss of two mounting hole positions. This is why you will have to improvise on you shock bottom end ball cups. You will have to use the longest ball cup in your reflex kit and cut them little by little until you find the proper height so your chassis can rest at 4 to 5 mm (whichever you prefer). Again, you will also have only one shock mounting hole because the other two are blocked by the top of the shock. The only way around this is to buy VoneRR shock bodies and caps along with the pistons..or forever by happy with one mounting position.

As far as parts from your reflex kit, forget it! There is really nothing that you can use because all the parts you need are from the Kyosho VoneRR car that the Reflex does not have.

Rich,
again not to discourage you but like I said, doing this conversion is a lot of work for very little reward in return. And in the end, once compared to my VoneRR car, the reflex with conversion did not measure up. If it were me, I would sell the reflex car and buy the VoneRR GT for where you race.

The only other thing I can think of as for as the manual is concerned is I make photo copies of it and snail mail it to you.

Keep me posted!!

Andre'
Old 07-08-2002, 05:16 PM   #3015
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Rich!

Quote:
Rich,
I am sorry but I could not post the photos of the exploded views for the VoneRR on my site. My digital camara suxs!! It is not clear enough to read the part numbers and the resolution is too low to show detail on how to assemble the rear portion of the car. In order to do this conversion you will need the VoneRR instruction manual unless you can make out the pictures that AMGRacer posted.

Like I said before in my previous post. Most of what you need is in VZ083 parts bag. But everything is not there to complete the job. Go back and re read my previous post for part numbers. That should give you everything you need with the exception of screws and nuts along with the Universal shafts from kyosho (#695016). These are the wide type for use with wide tire/wheel combo 32mm type. Perhaps CVD's was the wrong word to use. If you use the reflex universals with regular 26mm tire/wheel combo, it should work but I am not certain since I went the wide shaft route on mine. You will also need the hex wheel adapters if you use the wide wheel combo. I could not find the part number for that.

Order those parts I listed from the hong kong site I listed above. Then you will have to go to the hardware store to find the appropriate screws with locking nuts. There are no part numbers for the screws and nuts! They come with the VoneRR car but are not listed with a number (I hope that made sense). Once you get all your parts in hand, along with a owners manual or some good pictures, you will see what screws/nuts you need to by. Or check with AMG Racer..he might know if there is a screw/nut parts bag available for the car but I dont see one in the manual. I am unsure of their dimensions because I no longer have this setup... I bought a VoneRR and went back to stock on my Reflex. Getting these screws and nuts from the hardware store will not be your biggest problem so dont sweat that. Just take it with you when you go the the store. Your biggest problem once you get the car done is setup. It will not setup like the reflex or the VoneRR cars because the combination of different areas of the cars.

I have the square rear body mount but understand, it is not a rear floating mount. It is just eye candy for the standard VoneR or Reflex car. I ordered this originally for the reflex prior to making it a floating rear type. Since the square rear body mount comes in several pieces, you can take the top portion of it and adapt it to the rest of the rear floating system so that the car can accept sedan bodies. Kose makes one also but it is essentially the same as the square just the look is different. If you dont use the square rear body mount and decide to use just the kyosho stuff, you must understand only a Lola body can mount to it. If you look carefully at the VZ083 bag picture you can see the the longest part in the bag is for a Lola body...NOT a SEDAN ONE! So you will be using peices form the VZ083 bag and the parts from the square bag in order to mount a sedan body. OR..... you can wait to see if horizon or tower has parts for the NEW VoneRR GT car and order then. The VoneRR GT is essentially what you are attempting to make. It has a rear floating system but has rear mody mounts for a sedan touring body.

Like I said before concerning the shocks, The VoneRR and Reflex shocks are different from each other. This is why I had problems setting the ride height and loss of two mounting hole positions. This is why you will have to improvise on you shock bottom end ball cups. You will have to use the longest ball cup in your reflex kit and cut them little by little until you find the proper height so your chassis can rest at 4 to 5 mm (whichever you prefer). Again, you will also have only one shock mounting hole because the other two are blocked by the top of the shock. The only way around this is to buy VoneRR shock bodies and caps along with the pistons..or forever by happy with one mounting position.

As far as parts from your reflex kit, forget it! There is really nothing that you can use because all the parts you need are from the Kyosho VoneRR car that the Reflex does not have.

Rich,
again not to discourage you but like I said, doing this conversion is a lot of work for very little reward in return. And in the end, once compared to my VoneRR car, the reflex with conversion did not measure up. If it were me, I would sell the reflex car and buy the VoneRR GT for where you race.

The only other thing I can think of as for as the manual is concerned is I make photo copies of it and snail mail it to you.

Keep me posted!!

Andre'
Why did your Reflex with the floating rear body mount lack in performance to your V-One RR? Even with the changes on the V-OneRR, both cars are still very much alike.

Please answer this question. Say if I change the Reflex shocks to the V-One RR shocks, change the universals, and all the other parts to make the rear end just like a V-One RR, would the Reflex have the same performance as a V-One RR? I don't want to spend $399 to buy a V-OneRR just to get the floating rear body mount and I don't want to sell my Reflex. Is there any way to get the the floating rear body mount performance of the V-One RR on the Reflex chassis?

Also, how are the shocks on the V-One RR different from the V-One R's shocks? How are the shocks different on the V-OneRR to the Reflex's shocks?

What I asked you, "are the parts the same" I meant to ask you about the screws, nuts, and assorted hardware. I don't think Kyosho designed brand new screws and nuts just for the V-One RR's floating rear body mount. The sizes must be similar to some of the screws in the Reflex.

I really want to do this but I am starting to lose hope. I thought this would be a snap, but evidently the V-OneRR and Reflex are not as similar as I thought they were.

I am going to ask Trinity if they have any foreseeable plans in the future to release a floating rear body mount. If they say "we don't know", I am going through with this nomatter what!

Thanks,

Rich