R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-02-2002, 06:54 PM   #2971
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooo I started the 100th PAGE
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:55 PM   #2972
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is already listed on the Tower website for $399
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXBSX9&P=7
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 09:52 PM   #2973
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
It is already listed on the Tower website for $399
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXBSX9&P=7
Towers prices are always higher until they get actual stock. I tell you this thing is a BARGAIN if you can pick up for around $320. Comes with everything you need in a chassis minus front gear diff if you are that way inclined. Every hopup you can buy is purely optional with the RR.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 05:00 AM   #2974
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

Waitaminute. You sold stuff to Control Center? Are they reselling that stuff?
No...I sold it to TS for his own personal consumption!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 05:15 PM   #2975
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

No...I sold it to TS for his own personal consumption!!!

Hmmmm so you sold it to a fictitious person? When I went into the store and asked about TS the 2 guys behind the counter said "Oh that's someone we made up for the web. "

Also there was an arm with dtm engraved on it. Next to it it said "I'm da best. Better than Moon."
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #2976
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Does anybody know if any Kyoshos were present at the Nationals? The only car I know of is the "poor cousin" the Reflex.
Anybody?? Cannot find any info
Old 07-03-2002, 07:06 PM   #2977
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:

poor cousin?

Too funny. you guys sound as bad as the NTC3 owners who think their car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The reflex is a good car and it has some advantages over the V1R and the V1R has some advantages over it.

If trinity improved the plastics issues which I heard they did with the second release of kits (the ones with the black wheels) then there really is no reason for V1R owners to think their car is any better than a reflex. People quit pissing on the car when they saw how fast joel and josh could go with it...

Kyosho needs to step up to the plate and sponsor some good drivers in the US or else the car is going to remain at its current level in the U.S. and the reflex will continue to be developed...and by next year the V1R will be the unquestioned "poor cousin" to the reflex.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #2978
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:

I wish I could help you, but I don't know

Patelladragger: did you get your $$
Old 07-03-2002, 07:14 PM   #2979
Tech Master

yeah I got it - kawa is on the way...
Old 07-03-2002, 07:49 PM   #2980
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger

poor cousin?

Too funny. you guys sound as bad as the NTC3 owners who think their car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The reflex is a good car and it has some advantages over the V1R and the V1R has some advantages over it.

If trinity improved the plastics issues which I heard they did with the second release of kits (the ones with the black wheels) then there really is no reason for V1R owners to think their car is any better than a reflex. People quit pissing on the car when they saw how fast joel and josh could go with it...

Kyosho needs to step up to the plate and sponsor some good drivers in the US or else the car is going to remain at its current level in the U.S. and the reflex will continue to be developed...and by next year the V1R will be the unquestioned "poor cousin" to the reflex.
Ok you can get off your soapbox now.

Notice the " "s around poor. For your future reference whenever you see the " " around a word on the internet it usually indicates sarcasm or at least the the phrase is a coined phrase which is being used by the person but not with the personal intent. You are not the only person who is capable of having impartial viewpoints on the benefits of cars. Why is it always the same people...................

Last edited by AMGRacer; 07-03-2002 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:59 PM   #2981
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

I wish I could help you, but I don't know
Hmmmm looks like Kyosho has poor factory support over there in the US huh? I am comparing to our competitions over here since we only have a very small number of "factory" drivers the number of privateers is high leading to some interesting results at big meets.

We have had our share of V1R, MTX2 and NEO () wins recently, no NTC3 yet............
Old 07-03-2002, 09:14 PM   #2982
Tech Master

Quote:

Ok you can get off your soapbox now.

uhh, I don't need a lesson in what " " means and you're probably right I do need to get off my soapbox because I've been getting much too irritated at all the posts in some car thread by loyalists downing other cars.

I probably should just leave it be cause all it takes is for said folks to buy another car and then lo and behold the car they just bought is the greatest and everything else is "poor cousin" or worse.

The ONLY reason I ever was on a soapbox is because new users read these threads when deciding on purchases- I know I did. There are people at my track convinced by what they've read that the ntc3 is a magic bullet car that they've bought it and got the wrong car for their skill level cause they can't make a 5 minute race without breaking something on the car. I bought my reflex before I started reading RC boards but I'm sure had I read this site and a few others I would never have bought one because I would have been convinced that it was a crap imitation of the V1R.

But I do need to get off my soapbox- I saw this the other day and figured it had some truth...

On a non-argumentative tip - I think lack of support is the big weakness V1R has in US when compared to other pro cars - there is no english site (that I know of ) you can go to and get help with setups from factory drivers or get lowdown on new parts or discuss the R&D improvements coming. Actually this thread might be the best resource for the car anywhere on the net but it's not the same as a technical forum with input from factory racers who are competing at the highest levels with it. Let Kyosho bag a baker, cyrul, tossolini etc. etc. - the car's popularity would take-off , especially if the RR gets over here with a decent price.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:53 PM   #2983
Tech Elite

Quote:

uhh, I don't need a lesson in what " " means and you're probably right I do need to get off my soapbox because I've been getting much too irritated at all the posts in some car thread by loyalists downing other cars.

I probably should just leave it be cause all it takes is for said folks to buy another car and then lo and behold the car they just bought is the greatest and everything else is "poor cousin" or worse.

The ONLY reason I ever was on a soapbox is because new users read these threads when deciding on purchases- I know I did. There are people at my track convinced by what they've read that the ntc3 is a magic bullet car that they've bought it and got the wrong car for their skill level cause they can't make a 5 minute race without breaking something on the car. I bought my reflex before I started reading RC boards but I'm sure had I read this site and a few others I would never have bought one because I would have been convinced that it was a crap imitation of the V1R.

But I do need to get off my soapbox- I saw this the other day and figured it had some truth...

On a non-argumentative tip - I think lack of support is the big weakness V1R has in US when compared to other pro cars - there is no english site (that I know of ) you can go to and get help with setups from factory drivers or get lowdown on new parts or discuss the R&D improvements coming. Actually this thread might be the best resource for the car anywhere on the net but it's not the same as a technical forum with input from factory racers who are competing at the highest levels with it. Let Kyosho bag a baker, cyrul, tossolini etc. etc. - the car's popularity would take-off , especially if the RR gets over here with a decent price.
I will let you in on a secret, I agree with you
Old 07-03-2002, 11:18 PM   #2984
Tech Master

Quote:
yeah I got it - kawa is on the way...
Sorry for keeping you hanging
Old 07-03-2002, 11:31 PM   #2985
Tech Master

Quote:

Hmmmm looks like Kyosho has poor factory support over there in the US huh? I am comparing to our competitions over here since we only have a very small number of "factory" drivers the number of privateers is high leading to some interesting results at big meets.

We have had our share of V1R, MTX2 and NEO () wins recently, no NTC3 yet............
Well as far as support, I really don't know.
Most of the fast guys run the V one R or the MTX2 but with the NTC3 and Barry Baker showing up to a local event. Basically beating the crap out of the club racers,he helps AE sells kits.

I myself would like to see a factory KYOSHO driver here in my area,ya know see if there set up is any diffent than mine
I think most of the PRO cars are equal to some degree, but when you put a pro driver behind one its that much better

wait untill winter or even next spring there is gonna be something else out there that we are all gonna have to get
Maybe a new RRR or RRRR