R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2002, 07:31 AM   #2761
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
This has been the funniest page I have ever read on this forum. Congratulations to everyone!! Hard Jokur wins my vote for best quote of the year so far

As for lightened clutch hooked-on, I would actually go for a HEAVIER clutch, namely a centax. Mugen, V1RR and Kawahara small one works. Downside is you need a pilot shaft engine.

To lighten the standard clutch get a drill and go for it. Simple as that, I did this to my old HPI racing clutch. Try to balance it as well as you can.

tone, you will need to get the V1RR from overseas. There are several online Hong Kong and Japanese shops which can help you out. Or you can get a V1R and perform the conversion yourself, but this is much more expensive.

opel92, ditto to hooked_on!! Get the damn thing running I wanna see how fast it is!
You add life to this thread !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 07:58 AM   #2762
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


You add life to this thread !!
I fly 600 miles and worked 15 hours today, my answer is shorter than usual

BTW the Novarossi 52606 outlaw pipe is great!! It is 5.5mm stinger diameter, .3mm larger than EFRA/IFMAR legal. But it is very durable and provides an extremely linear rev range and great throttle response. Several of my track mates have the EFRA legal version and it seems just as good.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:07 AM   #2763
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer


I fly 600 miles and worked 15 hours today, my answer is shorter than usual

BTW the Novarossi 52606 outlaw pipe is great!! It is 5.5mm stinger diameter, .3mm larger than EFRA/IFMAR legal. But it is very durable and provides an extremely linear rev range and great throttle response. Several of my track mates have the EFRA legal version and it seems just as good.
I have a couple of 51605 which is another inline pipe from NR. I still havent used it yet as it is still on my quese list.

dtm couldnt wait and he is using this pipe. He said 51605 is VERY linear. Not flat but very even thru out bottom, mid and top end.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:13 AM   #2764
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Mars R

Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:16 AM   #2765
Tech Master
 
patelladragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,638
Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default

I just bought the kawahara Zac Project outlaw pipe and It works very well also. Better than the RB X12 pipe so far and IMO better than the yokomo inline as well.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:56 AM   #2766
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I have a couple of 51605 which is another inline pipe from NR. I still havent used it yet as it is still on my quese list.

dtm couldnt wait and he is using this pipe. He said 51605 is VERY linear. Not flat but very even thru out bottom, mid and top end.
Absolutely.....very nice pipe indeed!!

Manticore- do you always buy everything in pairs!!!?????
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:57 AM   #2767
M 5
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: mid-levels
Posts: 405
Default

wow...ZAC PROJECT...??

Can't believe you got one.

Not a lot of people can afford it, you know?
M 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 08:58 AM   #2768
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
I just bought the kawahara Zac Project outlaw pipe and It works very well also. Better than the RB X12 pipe so far and IMO better than the yokomo inline as well.
Have that as well!! The ZAC is more of a low end pipe though!! Probable better suited the the 5 port engines...where low end torque is a little lacking
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #2769
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Mars R

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
Haha.....KO are ripping off the 2000R just like they did with the 97R Limited edition when the wheel extension was first introduced............is this the new TX we have all been waiting for?????? I will stick with my 2000R!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #2770
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Absolutely.....very nice pipe indeed!!

Manticore- do you always buy everything in pairs!!!?????
I do have a pair of 51605 but only with one header !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:01 AM   #2771
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Mars R

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Haha.....KO are ripping off the 2000R just like they did with the 97R Limited edition when the wheel extension was first introduced............is this the new TX we have all been waiting for?????? I will stick with my 2000R!!!!!!
Silver aerial.....YUK!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:01 AM   #2772
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Have that as well!! The ZAC is more of a low end pipe though!! Probable better suited the the 5 port engines...where low end torque is a little lacking
My RB 5 ports has load of bottom and mid range. I forget which pipe I used !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:02 AM   #2773
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I do have a pair of 51605 but only with one header !
I ended up buying 2 complete 51605 because I wanted the .12 manifold. Have been running the .12 inline manifold with the 51224 pipe to pick up the low end a bit on the RR....seems to do the trick with the RS engine!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:04 AM   #2774
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


My RB 5 ports has load of bottom and mid range. I forget which pipe I used !!
Wasn't you playing around with your Square at the time???
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:24 AM   #2775
Tech Master
 
patelladragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,638
Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Have that as well!! The ZAC is more of a low end pipe though!! Probable better suited the the 5 port engines...where low end torque is a little lacking
Well DTM I'd have to agree I noticed the difference on the bottom and mid-range with the Zac pipe. But that's what I was after cause the track I run is pretty tight and the str8 is only 100-110 feet. I actually don't know how the top end runs cause i haven't tried to tune it for speed. I put the Zac on an OS TR and it really helped it more than any other pipe I've tried so far.

I'll also have to agree with Manticore on the RB Turbo's being strong off the bottom. I have the 3 port turbo though, so I'm not sure how the 5 runs, but the 3 port had TOO much bottom for me to drive when I had it in an NTC3 so I took it out and put it back in a belt car.

Oh yeah M 5, I paid the same for the Zac that I did for the RB - 55 shipped from jkara off ebay. He's out now but he'll get more in. He also has the best prices I've found anywhere on the Zac 26/32 tires. $17-dollars for the multi-rings.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net