R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-13-2002, 01:58 AM   #2626
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by proudwinner

I'm not barking up any tree. I'm just trying to say that you didn't have to say-quote" with 10 bucks we can get 2 full big bags of pulleys" Your right! You can! But you gotta get a visa, then a plane ticket to get over here, make some US dollars then take it back and convert it into HKD's. BUT NO! You had to be childish and say -Think about it!

I guess you didn't see the 4 big smiley faces that Manticore put up?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:09 AM   #2627
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Manticore, Patelladragger was just trying to be helpfull by saying anyone want to buy a brand new pulley for 10 bucks. Which is a good deal for someone in America but you had to reply with a childish remark. Here it is again-
Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
no thanks, we will get two big full bags of pulleys with 10 bucks here !
Well you are right, but you gotta come over here, make the money then take it back and convert it-that's the only way you're gonna get 2 full big bags of pulleys with 10 bucks
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:11 AM   #2628
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

I guess you didn't see the 4 big smiley faces that Manticore put up?
What the hell does 4 smiley faces have to do with a rude remark?
Old 05-13-2002, 02:19 AM   #2629
Tech Elite

Quote:

What the hell does 4 smiley faces have to do with a rude remark?
He was playing as he does sometimes, but you know why did you blow your top first when Patelladragger didn't? It was directed at him.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:24 AM   #2630
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:

He was playing as he does sometimes, but you know why did you blow your top first when Patelladragger didn't? It was directed at him.
Mr. Fok,

I think time to leave him (them), both P's alone !! they are more then annoying to take care of !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:27 AM   #2631
Tech Elite

Well, Patelladragger is a friend of mine and friends stick up for each other. He came to my track in need of help to get started in this hobby and I've been trying to help him the best I can ever since.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:34 AM   #2632
Tech Elite

Quote:

You know what you're right. Yours is bigger than mine. Are you happy now?
No need to be cranky, I know I meant no offence to others. You should accept appologies!!! Let us let these dogs lie

Last edited by AMGRacer; 05-13-2002 at 02:39 AM.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:34 AM   #2633
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can I just say that i am totally not impressed with some people's comments they have made on this forum in recent days regarding to the Japanese and their Engineering abilitys.... This forum is after all about one of the best cars designed out of Japan and we should be talking about it and not arguing over spilt milk. I bet this post is going to stir up a hornets nest again, but the V-One R is one of the best cars on the market, this is one of the best forums around and we have have some of the best peope around use this forum and i have great respect for these people and don't think that some stupid idiots should wreck it for everyone.
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:37 AM   #2634
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

I think you are getting your panties in the twist over this Proudwinner.

Patelladragger made an offer to sell the pulley. Manticore merely declined the offer. Thats is perfectly legit.......it did not seem to anger Patelladragger at the time (or at least I don't think so), why should you fight his war? (not that there was one in the first place!! )

The bit about getting 2 bags full of pullies is actually a statement of fact......not really a childish comment! OK the exact price may be US$9.99 or US$10.01 but it is extremely close. Why should you have a problem with that? You guys can buy cheap petrol (gas) and we have to pay a lot....you don't see me bitching about cheap shyt American gas...do you??? So why do you have to start about apparent cheap shyt products which you suspect to be counterfeit????

Why don't we ask Patelladragger. Ignoring all the comments that was said after that post. Patelladragger, at the time of reading this post;

Did you feel the remark was childish or offensive?? (Now remember....at the time of first reading the post!)
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:54 AM   #2635
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:

the O/D or U/D thing is to let you play around with the characteristic of the car being % to % of front to rear drive. You should know the difference of FWD and RWD.

You may also play around with tire size to obtain different characteristic of the car.
In fact Manticore did reply to Patelladragger's question....and you even agreed with his comments;

Quote:
Manticore hit the OD/UD nail on the head. Just think of a smaller tire(diameter) as a smaller diff. Visa vesa for a bigger tire. Now experiment w/the pulleys to find a good setup for the surface you race on.
I don't see a problem with this!

Even after Manticore's supposedly childish comment. Patelladragger was still on friendly terms here is his post;

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
Everybody on this whole thread from hong kong? Any of you hong kong guys got paypal accounts and don't have a problem picking up parts for an american v1r fan even with small buyer's fee and shipping it should be cheaper than what I could find over here. Let me know.
So I guess the question is again......why are YOU venting?.....there was no need at all????
Old 05-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #2636
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:

...............................So just how many of those pulleys do you get with lets say-15 hong kong dollars? Hell, I know no more than 2 So why did you take the question and twist it around like a little bitch by saying-quote"for 10 bucks we can get 2 full big bags of pulleys" when you damn well know you wouldn't convert 77.9893 hong kong dollars into 10 U.S dollars for the deal. You didn't have to respond or you could have said "sorry, I live in Hong Kong". Think about it. This is what made me vent-your stupid ass nonintelligent childish remark. Let me quote it again for you so that you can embed this stupid remark into your think ass empty skull.
From the V1RR manual;

Pulley set P/N VZ008B Yen 600.
The shops charge 0.006 exchange Yen to HKD.
600x0.06=HKD 36

2 sets = HKD 72

Convert to USD (7.79) = USD 9.24

So really Manticore's original comment is actually a statment of fact and not childish at all. OK to have been 'perfectly' correct he should have said;

"You can get 2 sets of pullies and 76 US cents change"
But under the context I think it is close enough!!

I really do think you have been barking up the wrong tree, if that is what made you vent in the first place!!
Old 05-13-2002, 08:27 AM   #2637
Tech Champion

Default Stir Up

dtm and V1RR folks.

Forget about this two Ps !! they are just two idiots or you call them jerks from afghanistan coming here to stir up this nicely maintained thread !!

I suggest you guys just ignore what they say and "chatter" as what we have used to be here.

Cheers V1RR and folks !
Old 05-13-2002, 08:36 AM   #2638
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Stir Up

Quote:
dtm and V1RR folks.

Forget about this two Ps !! they are just two idiots or you call them jerks from afghanistan coming here to stir up this nicely maintained thread !!

I suggest you guys just ignore what they say and "chatter" as what we have used to be here.

Cheers V1RR and folks !
In that case....lets get back on track!!

Don't try the 24/18 pulley idea on the RR. Pullies fit fine but when you put the 25T belt on it is too loose and not enough adjustment on the tensioner!!!

Anyone looking for 24T HB alloy pulley for MTX????
Old 05-13-2002, 08:36 AM   #2639
Tech Rookie

Hi everybody! Can anyone help me out here? My V-one R two speed seems to shift erratically. What I mean is, when it shifts, the engine seems to hesitate. What could be the problem?
BeaV1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 08:38 AM   #2640
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Stir Up

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

In that case....lets get back on track!!

Don't try the 24/18 pulley idea on the RR. Pullies fit fine but when you put the 25T belt on it is too loose and not enough adjustment on the tensioner!!!

Anyone looking for 24T HB alloy pulley for MTX????
i just use 5x8 bearings on the tensioner and the problem fixed no more pulley mix up !!