R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-16-2001, 06:39 PM   #241
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
Kawahara quality are better than kafactory. In a way kfactory is another gpm. Their company is located in Tawain. Unlike Kawahara which is Japanese.
KFactory is far much more better then GPM. The Kfactory products are innovative. At least Kyosho/Trinity have joint venture with this "Taiwanese" company. GPM is a cheap and bad company. Their product all made in china which is not really a problem but their products are all made with all manual machine and accuracy is their major problem.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 11:46 PM   #242
Tech Regular

faction, how old is your engine???? This worries me because i have just ordered an x12 and i don't want to see these sort of problems........
opel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 12:05 AM   #243
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to FACTION95Si Send a message via AIM to FACTION95Si

I've had my X12 for no more than a couple months. Ive run less than a gallon of O'Donnels 20% through it.
FACTION95Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 12:46 AM   #244
Tech Regular

What engine did u have before the x12?. What should i do because i'm sure u agree that we all want trouble free engine's (to a certain degree) and i don't want to outlay $500-$600 australian for this engine and have those issues in the first few months.......
Old 10-17-2001, 01:06 AM   #245
Tech Initiate

Well first of all the RB X12 kicks ass. The engine screams. There are a lot of people that have it at the local tracks that I race at. People have told me that its a pain in the butt to break in but I never had any break-in broblems at all. When I do get it running it still kicks ass but those times are few and far between. I'm tired of missing races because I can't get it started and I have to pry the piston loose every time with a screw driver. Try that every time you want to start it for a month and you will see my fustration. I just hope the MT-12 that Im going to buy tomorrow from Speedtech is just as powerfull. I'm sure it will be
Old 10-17-2001, 01:54 AM   #246
Tech Master

a RB X12 cost AUD500-600? Ouch!
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 04:49 AM   #247
Tech Regular

by the time i have added a pipe and manifold yes.
the engine alone costs 350-450 dependant on where it is bought
Old 10-17-2001, 04:51 AM   #248
Tech Regular

Faction, i hope the rc gods smile on u this time with the MT12.....
Old 10-17-2001, 05:36 AM   #249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

faction: is I may, the reason why I switched the MT12 for an RB on my mugen was that the RB is hands-down faster than the MT12. My RB has gon through almost 6 litres of fuel (25% Tornado) and I have had no problems with....well maybe just firing it up after a week long rest. But once it heats up, say bye-bye to the MT12 powered GT-4s and Impulses (no offense).

I just got the OS TR12 just to join a local Kyosho / OS / Futaba Cup. But am still planning to drop in the RB.

But as you had earlier explained, you might have a lemmon there.

PaulC
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 09:13 AM   #250
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

KFactory is far much more better then GPM. The Kfactory products are innovative. At least Kyosho/Trinity have joint venture with this "Taiwanese" company. GPM is a cheap and bad company. Their product all made in china which is not really a problem but their products are all made with all manual machine and accuracy is their major problem.
I agree with Manticore on his point about KFactory. They are FAR from the same level as GPM. GPM is very bad. I have only one part on my V-One R from GPM that actually works and has not broken (maybe by sheer luck I suppose its still in good shape after 4 months!) which is the rear hub carriers, but I had the GPM front hub carrier steering knuckles and broke on first race out, and another friend who shattered a GPM Rear shock tower in his first day of racing! KFactory however looks to have very good stuff. Maybe if I had a choice between KFactory and some other aftermarkets parts (like 5-Star or Square or Kawahara, etc. NOT GPM), I would take the best part out of that manufacturer. KFactory does have some innovative parts. With the Trinity (can we say ripoff?) Reflex it may now be easier for us in the United States to get parts since Trinity is in almost every LHS and mail order hobby shop.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 10:51 AM   #251
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo

I agree with Manticore on his point about KFactory. They are FAR from the same level as GPM. GPM is very bad. I have only one part on my V-One R from GPM that actually works and has not broken (maybe by sheer luck I suppose its still in good shape after 4 months!) which is the rear hub carriers, but I had the GPM front hub carrier steering knuckles and broke on first race out, and another friend who shattered a GPM Rear shock tower in his first day of racing! KFactory however looks to have very good stuff. Maybe if I had a choice between KFactory and some other aftermarkets parts (like 5-Star or Square or Kawahara, etc. NOT GPM), I would take the best part out of that manufacturer. KFactory does have some innovative parts. With the Trinity (can we say ripoff?) Reflex it may now be easier for us in the United States to get parts since Trinity is in almost every LHS and mail order hobby shop.

Well, I have never had any problem with the stock plastic except I have replaced the stock mid shaft holder and rear upper deck support. Those alloy pulleys are not really necessary as the higher powered 1/8 gas power racer only run on plastic pulleys.
Old 10-17-2001, 03:52 PM   #252
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Happy birthday Manticore!

You are hardcore manticore! Happy Birthday man!

I hope thats not the case with the RB being a lot more powerfull than the mt 12.
Old 10-17-2001, 04:25 PM   #253
Tech Champion

Default Re: Happy birthday Manticore!

Quote:
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
You are hardcore manticore! Happy Birthday man!

I hope thats not the case with the RB being a lot more powerfull than the mt 12.
Thank you Faction.

unfortunately, the RB is much powerful then MT12
Old 10-17-2001, 06:58 PM   #254
Tech Elite

Any recommended set-ups for V-one-R on foam tires at a high traction(traction rolling) track. High speed large sweeping track with a couple of bumps that will unsettle the car and do a spin. Rebound stop, camber, tire size and tire camber, springs, shock position will be a big help. The track is Crystal Park in Compton. They are hosting a regional race next month and I need any help I can get.

Thanks.
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 03:13 PM   #255
Tech Adept

I recently purchased a graphite rear shock tower from Square for my V-one R and noticed that the shock mounting holes are actually lower than the stock piece. The body mounts also sit lower. The Kawahara version looks just like the one from Square too. I was wondering if anyone has purchased or knows of a rear graphite shock tower that has the exact same mounting holes and body mounts as the stock one. I'd like to keep the car with the stock setup because it's dialed right outta the box.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote