R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-15-2001, 06:32 PM   #226
Tech Regular

I agree with Manticore, if the price is right it will benfit us all..... still feels a little weird though..... having something that close.
opel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:59 PM   #227
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Well if the parts are interchangeable between the V-One R and this car, then we can buy one or the other as spare/replacement parts if we break. Sometimes here in the US it's hard to get replacement parts from Kyosho when (Great Planes Hobbies/Tower Hobbies/Only US Kyosho Distributor) they run out at our local hobby shops and have to wait weeks or even months for a shipment to come in from Japan. Trinity has multilple US distributors so maybe it will be easier for us to get their parts to fix up/hop up our V-One R's here in the US. If Kyosho doesn't have, then we can try Trinity. When it comes out I'll compare the look/fit of the parts and make sure they are perfect replacements. If they are, that might be good in a way.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 12:37 AM   #228
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mauler

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo
Well if the parts are interchangeable between the V-One R and this car, then we can buy one or the other as spare/replacement parts if we break. Sometimes here in the US it's hard to get replacement parts from Kyosho when (Great Planes Hobbies/Tower Hobbies/Only US Kyosho Distributor) they run out at our local hobby shops and have to wait weeks or even months for a shipment to come in from Japan. Trinity has multilple US distributors so maybe it will be easier for us to get their parts to fix up/hop up our V-One R's here in the US. If Kyosho doesn't have, then we can try Trinity. When it comes out I'll compare the look/fit of the parts and make sure they are perfect replacements. If they are, that might be good in a way.
I suppose they all might just fit well... but I think they are still stuck to the collared shocks...take a closer look...

The color combination looks nice though...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 12:56 AM   #229
Tech Regular

If these hop-ups are of kfactory/kawahara type quality they will definately fit and most certainly will be of superior quality...... just take a look at both of those manufacturers site's and you will see what i mean....
Old 10-16-2001, 01:29 AM   #230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nu-bee

Hi there, Just got my V1R broken in with its TR12 engine. Nice accelaration... I've had the oppurtunity to use an MTX-2 with both MT-12/RB12 engines... only the RB12 makes the diff. But the OS is both very easy to tune and very reliable. Even when the weather gets to be hot one time then dreary the next, still runs smoothly. Unlike those italian engines. Hat's off to the V1R.

Next project to run in the OS/Futaba cup here in our area...heheheeh
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:43 AM   #231
Tech Regular

hope it all goes well. They are a superbly built vehicle. Myself and my friend raced at a meet 2 weeks ago over here in australia and he proceeded to chop a full second off his quickest lap at the circuit and dropped his av lap 2.5. This was all with the factory settings.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:04 PM   #232
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to FACTION95Si Send a message via AIM to FACTION95Si
Default Re: Nu-bee

Quote:
Originally posted by paulc
Hi there, Just got my V1R broken in with its TR12 engine. Nice accelaration... I've had the oppurtunity to use an MTX-2 with both MT-12/RB12 engines... only the RB12 makes the diff. But the OS is both very easy to tune and very reliable. Even when the weather gets to be hot one time then dreary the next, still runs smoothly. Unlike those italian engines. Hat's off to the V1R.

Next project to run in the OS/Futaba cup here in our area...heheheeh
I have been running an RB X12 in my V-One R and Im sick of it. I plan on buying an MT-12 tomorrow.
FACTION95Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 01:35 PM   #233
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default Re: Re: Nu-bee

Quote:
Originally posted by FACTION95Si

I have been running an RB X12 in my V-One R and Im sick of it. I plan on buying an MT-12 tomorrow.
Why what was wrong with your RB?
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:14 PM   #234
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Nu-bee

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo

Why what was wrong with your RB?
Well the last month or so I've had problems with the piston getting stuck in the sleeve and it not starting.

Here is a post that I made on the RB Board if you want more info

http://rbproducts.com/rbww/ubb/cgi-b...c&f=3&t=000286

Last edited by FACTION95Si; 10-16-2001 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:30 PM   #235
Tech Apprentice

Kawahara quality are better than kafactory. In a way kfactory is another gpm. Their company is located in Tawain. Unlike Kawahara which is Japanese.
kyosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:39 PM   #236
Tech Apprentice

Faction how rich are you running it? Have you try to disamsemble the engine and check for deposits? I am also running the rb with 20% odonnel fuel and also have very tight tdc but my starter box still manages to start it. Btw what starter box and battery combo are you using?
Old 10-16-2001, 06:01 PM   #237
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
Kawahara quality are better than kafactory. In a way kfactory is another gpm. Their company is located in Tawain. Unlike Kawahara which is Japanese.
Some Japanese companies' parts are actually made in Taiwan or China. I believe K Factory is a Taiwanese OEM manufacturer which makes parts for Japanese companies.
White cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 06:11 PM   #238
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
Faction how rich are you running it? Have you try to disamsemble the engine and check for deposits? I am also running the rb with 20% odonnel fuel and also have very tight tdc but my starter box still manages to start it. Btw what starter box and battery combo are you using?
kyosho Ive taken piston and sleeve out to look at them and they are in perfect condition. There is no gunky buildup or anthing. Im running it normal, not super rich. It does leap up in temp (290) if I lean it out at all. I also have the beefy Ofna starter box with the 12v motor that sticks out the side with the 12v battery. It sucks too because Ive been trying to model my car after yours
Old 10-16-2001, 06:19 PM   #239
Tech Apprentice

I heard that team magic distributes kfactory which is an Taiwanese company. So I guess no one really know the orgin of kafactory.

Faction I'm sorry you had such trobule with your Rb. Maybe you should try giving it some more time before buying the mt12. Also thanks for your comment.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:35 PM   #240
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by White cat

Some Japanese companies' parts are actually made in Taiwan or China. I believe K Factory is a Taiwanese OEM manufacturer which makes parts for Japanese companies.
I second this.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote