R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2002, 04:44 AM   #1801
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default Re: Re: Outlaw class

QUOTE]Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
But we use zac project foams and lola bodies,
Nobody screems cheater in outlaw its mostly run what ya brung,and the best man is left standing after 15-20 min

Damn it I wish it was me [/QUOTE]

do u need to do any modifications to your V1R to run Zacs 32mm?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:05 PM   #1802
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler
If this is of interest:

High Strength Low Alloy Steel
ASTM A242
ASTM A441
ASTM A572
Density: 7860 kg/ cubic meter

Aluminum
Alloy 6061-T6 Density: 2710 kg/ cubic meter
Alloy 7075-T6 Density: 2800 kg/ cubic meter

Titanium
Alloy (6% Al, 4% V) Density: 4730 kg/ cubic meter

The screws and metal parts that come stock with our cars : ASTM
Stock chasis: Mostly Al 6061

Some simple calculations should give you what you want...
THANKS MAULER! This info is VERY helpful. Just as a generality, Ti basically is a compromise for both weight and strength, but Al will be the lightest overall of all the metals.

Let me pose this question: Would it be wise given this info to go with aluminum screws instead of titanium screws, as well as aluminum suspension arm shafts, etc.?

And how does the density of these metals compare to that of plastic (the plastic that comes with the V-ONE R)? Essentially is the plastic pulleys, parts, etc. lighter than even Aluminum?
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:07 PM   #1803
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default Re: Re: Re: Outlaw class

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur
QUOTE]Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
But we use zac project foams and lola bodies,
Nobody screems cheater in outlaw its mostly run what ya brung,and the best man is left standing after 15-20 min

Damn it I wish it was me


do u need to do any modifications to your V1R to run Zacs 32mm?
[/QUOTE]

I use the Kawahara wide hex hubs in the rear for the 32 mm. You can also use spacers so they won't rub against your rear hub carriers. Or you can use the axles, spacer, and dogbones made for the V-ONE RR to use 32 mm foams.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:07 AM   #1804
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


THANKS MAULER! This info is VERY helpful. Just as a generality, Ti basically is a compromise for both weight and strength, but Al will be the lightest overall of all the metals.

Let me pose this question: Would it be wise given this info to go with aluminum screws instead of titanium screws, as well as aluminum suspension arm shafts, etc.?

And how does the density of these metals compare to that of plastic (the plastic that comes with the V-ONE R)? Essentially is the plastic pulleys, parts, etc. lighter than even Aluminum?
Aluminium may be lighter but may not provide you the amount of shear stress you need on your nitro... In addition to that, you may have problems with the screw heads stripping...

Titanium is a good compromise with strength and durability, but in no way it compromises cost!

Quite a few in this forum uses titanium stuffs all round. Moon is one of them, they may have a different point of view though...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:49 AM   #1805
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Outlaw class

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by adelmundo
I use the Kawahara wide hex hubs in the rear for the 32 mm. You can also use spacers so they won't rub against your rear hub carriers. Or you can use the axles, spacer, and dogbones made for the V-ONE RR to use 32 mm foams.
just fixing the wide hex hubs will do the trick?
then y would anyone buy the rear arm set then? so that the car width stays at 200mm?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #1806
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Outlaw class

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


just fixing the wide hex hubs will do the trick?
then y would anyone buy the rear arm set then? so that the car width stays at 200mm?
To keep the car at 200mm
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 01:26 PM   #1807
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Aruba
Posts: 13
Smile

were can i buy the V-oneRR?
TANKS
marc
Croes.marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:19 PM   #1808
Tech Regular
 
nova racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Croes.marc
were can i buy the V-oneRR?
TANKS
marc
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm


nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 07:22 AM   #1809
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via ICQ to Tsubasa Sakai
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Croes.marc
were can i buy the V-oneRR?
TANKS
marc
http://controlcentre.rctech.net
Tsubasa Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:35 PM   #1810
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

We have a few new products from Kawahara in stock. First is an upgrade 3mm 7075 chassis for the V1R, and second is the wide front bumper for the V1R. Both are available on our website right now.

also, just a reminder, don't miss out on our March Special! One lucky customer in the month of March will receive a $50 gift certificate from us, good for any products in the store. Only 9 more days left!

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 08:17 AM   #1811
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Hashimoto V1RR front body mount

Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #1812
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Art : you get my PM

So how was the race?? did you manage to keep the wheels on it this time
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 03:38 AM   #1813
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Art : you get my PM

So how was the race?? did you manage to keep the wheels on it this time
why it is so quiet with this thread?? you guys still can talk about V1R(R) while I am busying with my MTX2 at the moment

oh by the way, I have installed the 5 star derlin a-arm front and rear on my V1R.R very solid suspension
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:05 AM   #1814
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


why it is so quiet with this thread?? you guys still can talk about V1R(R) while I am busying with my MTX2 at the moment

oh by the way, I have installed the 5 star derlin a-arm front and rear on my V1R.R very solid suspension
Yes! And the cost is at the price half of a 5 star chassis! What else do you not have on your V One R.R? Thinking of planting in a twin turbo (TT) also? Hahaha!

Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:07 AM   #1815
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

By the way, is there any rear diff derlin pulley for V One in the market?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net