R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #1666
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo

Yah I had the same problem with that same pulley, so I shoe gooed the ring back on the pulley. No problems since then.
Thanks, I'll try reassembling it. Shoe Goo is the stuff of gods.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:13 PM   #1667
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Originally posted by kevink2
[B]

Shoe Goo is the stuff of gods. [B]

I thought it was the stuff for shoes

HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:30 AM   #1668
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Does anyone have a link to the ZAC project site
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 11:32 AM   #1669
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Does anyone have a link to the ZAC project site
Try this

http://www.j-net-c.com/kawahara/
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #1670
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
[B]Originally posted by kevink2
[B]

Shoe Goo is the stuff of gods.

I thought it was the stuff for shoes

You can fix anything with the 'goo!
Old 03-09-2002, 10:32 PM   #1671
Tech Regular

Kev which clutch are you running on the V-one???
got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 01:15 AM   #1672
Tech Elite

Just the one that comes with the GRP version for right now...
Old 03-11-2002, 12:18 AM   #1673
Tech Elite

got_speed:
When you get a new body, get a Stratus. If you need one let me know. I know they're not the most aesthetically exciting body, but they simply work better than any other sedan bod I know of.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:54 AM   #1674
Tech Regular

Hey Kev....

I haven't touched the car since I ran Sunday....too keep things at a constant.... Lets see how the same setup runs with a Stratus..
got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:07 PM   #1675
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by got_speed?
Hey Kev....

I haven't touched the car since I ran Sunday....too keep things at a constant.... Lets see how the same setup runs with a Stratus..
Good idea bro, one thing at a time, so you notice the effects. One other thing you may try is some different rubber tires later also.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:59 AM   #1676
Tech Apprentice

Default adelmundo Semi newbie needs help

Hey adelmundo, where do you practice at? I notice you are not to far from me. I'm in the Castro Valley/ Hayward area. I need some help setting up my cars and getting some driving tips. I want to get started at this nitro thing for real!
I got a Serpent Impact, Neo Saber, and a Trinity Reflex on the way. Can you help a brotha out?

Andre'
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 11:18 AM   #1677
Guy
Tech Rookie

Gosh!! just found out this forum and read all 56 pages!!! My first question though, does anyone know the recommended roll out ratio for VoneRR? Is there such a thing? Because I'm using the 32 mm. Zac project and the diametre is 67 mm.!! Would it be ok if I use that 67 mm. together with a 18-22 pionion combination? The track I'm planning to use them together is a huge track with a long straight (about 80 metres) and a sweeping turn. My engine is a RBx12t 5 ports with 25% tornado fuel. Secondly, would it be ok if I run a wider different of 1st and 2nd pinion like 16-21 or even 16-22?? Any answer would be very appreciated.
Guy
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 01:09 PM   #1678
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default Re: adelmundo Semi newbie needs help

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
Hey adelmundo, where do you practice at? I notice you are not to far from me. I'm in the Castro Valley/ Hayward area. I need some help setting up my cars and getting some driving tips. I want to get started at this nitro thing for real!
I got a Serpent Impact, Neo Saber, and a Trinity Reflex on the way. Can you help a brotha out?

Andre'
Not a problem Andre. Most of us practice at DELTA RC in Antioch. It's the only permanent On Road Electric/Nitro Track in this part of the SF Bay Area (there are other permanent tracks but they are Electric Only). As far as setting up the car, most of my knowledge is with 1/10th Sedan TC, but for your Impact there are other people that regularly practice at this track that run Impacts (like Lance "Waterboy" Marsh, and Jonathan Lei, among others. Don't be afraid to go around the track and ask any of the "regulars" there for help. We are all fun-minded people and are willing to help someone out. I'm usually there on race days (2nd and 4th Sundays of the month) and some non-race weekend days as well practicing. It's sort of busy for me right now to practice as I'm still moving into my new house in San Ramon and have been concentrating on my move more than practicing right now, but I'll let you know when I'm going to be at DELTA RC again. DELTA RC's location and directions can be found on their website at www.deltarc.com .
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 04:54 PM   #1679
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks adelmundo!!

Thanks art for the info! I am looking forward to meeting you and having a good time at Delta. Did you ever race at the track that use to be in Hayward off of Industrial BLVD? It got closed down some time ago because the residence where complaining about the noise and I guess the permit got revoked. I met some guy name Johnathan there a couple times. I did not race though because I had not built any of my cars yet. That would not happen to be the same Johnathan you speak of whould it? Also can you send me your regular email address so I can correspond with you that way also, if you dont mind. One more thing, I have a bigblock Novarossi CX.15 with attached centax clutch that fits perfectly on my impact and I also have a bigblock Picco .15KSR. For some reason when I put the centax clutch on the Picco it will not fit into the Impact. Does picco make their engine mounting hole (holes on engine block) differently than novarossi based engines?

Thanks again

Andre'
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #1680
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

ANDRE - Yes that is the same Jonathan that was at the Hayward track as the one that races at DELTA (I used to race at Hayward too).

My email addy: [email protected]

As far as Big Block engines and Impacts, my knowledge is not really in that class. I would suggest asking Jonathan or better yet call CASTLE HOBBIES in San Jose. Most of the guys there like Jaime Manzanilla know about Impacts and big block engines. CASTLE HOBBIES run the 1/10th .15 Onroad class every 1st Sunday of the month. CASTLE can be reached at (408) 377-3771 (Dang I got all the numbers for all the local hobby shops memorized LOL).

Ask me about Touring Cars or even Super 10 and I can help you better. Sorry about .15 On Road since I don't own a car nor race that class.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote