Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 07:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

How to explain the missing of Impluse from my collection???
You know when something is good!!?????!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Manticore can you do me a favor, Please let me know when the parts to convert the R to a RR become available in your area, W Fok said sometime in early Feb, he said that one of the hobby shops would let him order it via E- Mail
Old 02-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Manticore can you do me a favor, Please let me know when the parts to convert the R to a RR become available in your area, W Fok said sometime in early Feb, he said that one of the hobby shops would let him order it via E- Mail
the RR spare parts are available NOW !
Old 02-04-2002, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Old 02-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

MOON - Please give me info on how to order the parts. I am looking to buy 2 V-ONE R Centax clutches, and all the parts to convert at least one V-ONE R to a RR version. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
hey HAG - Let's do a group order for the V-ONE RR parts so we can all save on shipping. I am good for the money, ask Jonathan he knows I always pay him. As you see in the last post, I want to put a Centax in my rubber car, and convert my foam car to an RR car.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

I already have done the RR conversion on my Rubber car Except I used the Mugen centax........

I can help you out with a list of part numbers if that helps.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Hi ya guys! Check this out, this is my car my friend had mention from another forum:

Originally posted by PCC
My buddy milf totalled his V-One R GRP silver label yesterday. We were out parking lot racing when his car slid over a metal plate. This broke off his throttle servo and the car took off straight for a wall. Unfortunately for him, that wall was 50 yards away and the car hit at full speed. Seeing as how the engine is an X12, it was going really fast when it hit. I told him to put a TRS on the thing or at least a rubber band but he never got around to it. Even the KO failsafe he had on the car couldn't save it.

Damage report: The Kyosho factory hop-up chassis looked about as straight as the Cypress freeway after the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake. The fuel tank literally ripped into three separate parts (this saved the engine since it raced for about two seconds before running out of fuel), the front suspension arm broke, the upper deck cracked, etc, etc. We won't know the full extent of the damage until he breaks the car down to see what is still good and what's bent/broken. All this could have been prevented with a .5 cent rubber band! Remember, failsafe and throttle return spring!

[Taps playing in the background]
"He lived a short but glamorous life. His promising sports career cut short by an unfortunate accident. His record included one second place finish and a few DNS's due to incidents that caused the coupling to come off the pipe a few times. He had a bright future ahead of him at the hands of his master. We will miss him dearly. He will be missed by his master and the many friends and foes that he raced with. He has gone on to the big racetrack in the sky where he will no doubt win many more races. Godspeed, my friend. Amen"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the car slide into the metal plate, the car was heading towards the staircase, we were on the top floor of this parking lot. I took off running towards the stairs, my first though it was going to go down the stairs, good thing is it did not go down the stairs, it hit the concret wall so hard it put a dent in that part of the wall. I would like to Thank the fellow drivers for that thought of a moment of silence...... Thank you for the ones that was there. At this time I did not touch the car yet. So I do not know the complete damage at this time. I will inform you all when the funeral happens
Old 02-05-2002, 08:25 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Milf- Sounds like a good excuse to buy a VoneRR!!!! Check to see if you have any major 'score' marks on your engine cylinder and piston....... more than 10 seconds in a uncontrolled, unloaded 'scream' from your engine usually spells the death of the engine also!!! Good Luck with the rebuild!!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

[i]He has gone on to the big racetrack in the sky where he will no doubt win many more races. Godspeed, my friend. [/B]
I have my Kyosho flag flying half staff......

I agree get an RR...

Old 02-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

dtm, and got_speed,
Thank You, The engine is fine still have the same power before. I had a rr on order but the shops were all sold out, so I'm still waiting for my kit. But I did manage to pick up another r grp gold labled, but I'm waiting for my Kyosho special Chassis, it's coming in today so I'm picking it up in a couple of hours from now. I have not touched the car yet, I'm planning on taking a picture of the lost, and will post it here for you V-One R Fans. And Thank You again.

horns playing, F-16 fly by's

milf
Old 02-05-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by milf
dtm, and got_speed,
Thank You, The engine is fine still have the same power before. I had a rr on order but the shops were all sold out, so I'm still waiting for my kit. But I did manage to pick up another r grp gold labled, but I'm waiting for my Kyosho special Chassis, it's coming in today so I'm picking it up in a couple of hours from now. I have not touched the car yet, I'm planning on taking a picture of the lost, and will post it here for you V-One R Fans. And Thank You again.

horns playing, F-16 fly by's

milf
what's the deal with gold and silver labels?
Old 02-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
I used an OS no.8 in the TR for a bit. I went back to the five because I figured I've already got a ton of compression with the 30%. I run at SVM which is very large. I'm geared as high as I can get the car, but I know the backstraight still really winds the engine out, especially when I lift for sweeper and subsequently peddle the throttle as the car reverts back to first gear. I figured if I could retard the engine ignition a tad, that it has more of a compression buffer zone than running an No.8 (rather than add shims). I think if I ran an 8, I would get higher temps running 30% and less room for tuning error before detonation occurs. In other words I'm thinking that if I ran an 8, I would have more problems with overheating and detonation tan the 5. All in all, I just needed to richen up a bit. Anyone have comments on this thinking?
Hmmm, no motor gurus on this thread??

Last edited by kevink2; 02-06-2002 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Kevink2 I will try to give you a little help from a recent miss hap at a race
I was useing MC-59s in my bone stock cvr and I noticed that the plug would foul after a 5 min heat race trying to figure out why I proceeded to put another in for the 15 min main and guess what the plug let go at the 13 min mark. so I asked The motor guru MOTORMAN what might be the problem , he said probably too much compression and with that hot of a plug it will fail at some point he recomented a colder plug like a MC-9 so I did that at the next race and the car ran real well with out missing a beat

So my suggestion is to put a colder plug in it and ritchen it a tad see what it does
Old 02-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Milf that really really sucks......... so whats next

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.