R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2002, 12:22 AM   #1486
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: Re: Best place to buy V1R?

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


Tokyo, Japan !
This is the place! You might even get a new kit for testing!!

Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 08:10 PM   #1487
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 36
Default Re: Best place to buy V1R?

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


Tokyo, Japan !
Yes, Manticore is correct.
The price for a V-ONE R (GRP) here in Japan is $219 with the Yen rate today $1 = 131 YEN. (28800 yen)
I'm currently stationed in Yokota AB, Japan.
Now as far as the price for the V-ONE RR im not sure. They still don't have it in stock at my local racetrack/store. But they think it will be around (33000 YEN or $251 if the YEN rate is the same as today.
Hope this helps.
bigsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 08:31 PM   #1488
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Best place to buy V1R?

Quote:
Originally posted by bigsal


Yes, Manticore is correct.
The price for a V-ONE R (GRP) here in Japan is $219 with the Yen rate today $1 = 131 YEN. (28800 yen)
I'm currently stationed in Yokota AB, Japan.
Now as far as the price for the V-ONE RR im not sure. They still don't have it in stock at my local racetrack/store. But they think it will be around (33000 YEN or $251 if the YEN rate is the same as today.
Hope this helps.
You are a lucky and happy RC racer being lives in Japan!!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 10:08 PM   #1489
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 36
Default Re: Re: Re: Best place to buy V1R?

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


You are a lucky and happy RC racer being lives in Japan!!
Well I am very lucky for being here in Japan but there is the language thing, and for a first time on road guy like me it makes it sort of hard to ask questions and get answers.

I'll tell you one thing... Japan is V-ONE R Heaven, Just about every body drives one. And all the parts you want if you know what to get.
But in my case I have to do hand signals to the local racers for some advice on what to get.
So far I have made some mods to my V-ONE R but like I say is a slow proces!
bigsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:20 PM   #1490
Tech Master
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

I need help on the OS TR break-in...

high end needle settings - 2 turns outwards from fully closed settings.
idle opening - 0.3 - 0.5 mm opening (how do I measure that???)
mixture - 2.5 turns inwards from flush position.

Am I correct with this break-in settings? THANKS!
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 03:01 AM   #1491
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Hey guys,

I need help on the OS TR break-in...

high end needle settings - 2 turns outwards from fully closed settings.
idle opening - 0.3 - 0.5 mm opening (how do I measure that???)
mixture - 2.5 turns inwards from flush position.

Am I correct with this break-in settings? THANKS!
That is what it state in the manual... so follow it first... the idle opening is just an approximation.... The engine should come to life after a crank or 2... adjust from there....

Should not have too much of a problem with that engine... After breaking in, standby another glow plug cos that A5 ain't gona last long...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 06:37 AM   #1492
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Hey guys,

I need help on the OS TR break-in...

high end needle settings - 2 turns outwards from fully closed settings.
idle opening - 0.3 - 0.5 mm opening (how do I measure that???)
mixture - 2.5 turns inwards from flush position.

Am I correct with this break-in settings? THANKS!
The factory setting worked very well for my break in... plenty of excess fuel coming out of the pipe!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:02 AM   #1493
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Manticore- Did you hear the rumour tonight that the K Factory car is coming to HK soon!!!!????
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:13 AM   #1494
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Manticore- Did you hear the rumour tonight that the K Factory car is coming to HK soon!!!!????
no i didnt, it is not going to be price competitive as you can see the price mark up here for k factory stuff is high!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:20 AM   #1495
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


no i didnt, it is not going to be price competitive as you can see the price mark up here for k factory stuff is high!
The guy from Harmony was saying its on its way!!!!!!!

Would be interesting to see if it is badged K Factory or Trinity!!!!

A lot of the RC stores closed early tonite cause the 'Lo ban' from World Models was putting on a Wedding Banquet for his son's wedding!!! Good thing I bought everything early!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:29 AM   #1496
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


The guy from Harmony was saying its on its way!!!!!!!

Would be interesting to see if it is badged K Factory or Trinity!!!!

A lot of the RC stores closed early tonite cause the 'Lo ban' from World Models was putting on a Wedding Banquet for his son's wedding!!! Good thing I bought everything early!!!!
I've got the invitation too but I dont want to go tonight as there are too many funny faces that I try to avoid to see. the father and son are my good friend for many years actually.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:33 AM   #1497
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I've got the invitation too but I dont want to go tonight as there are too many funny faces that I try to avoid to see. the father and son are my good friend for many years actually.
Does that explain your Xray Allegiance ????
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:35 AM   #1498
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

I was just thinking of the 'power' of the distributer.... in that so many shops closed early!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:37 AM   #1499
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Does that explain your Xray Allegiance ????
How to explain the missing of Impluse from my collection???
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:40 AM   #1500
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
I was just thinking of the 'power' of the distributer.... in that so many shops closed early!!!!
Mr. Shiu is the nbr 1 brother of the RC model industry in here many years !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net