R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-15-2003, 12:44 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you think a centax type clutch will be availble for the car?
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:44 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Not sure if a centex will be available. But is definitly not needed!!
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:22 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How are quick adjustments made to the clutch? or how is the clutch adjusted?
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #49
Tech Champion

The car is so free and acellerates so fast that you dont need any clutch adjustments
Old 05-22-2003, 05:36 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,
I am real interested in this car. I wanted to know if there is some info you could share about this car. It looks interesting and well engineered. Where would be a good place to get one here in the US?
Thanks!
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:22 AM   #51
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LarryPryor

Vulso,

You could contact Schumacher USA direct and they could get you one of the new R12's
LarryPryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 10:16 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Thanks Larry. Exactly how would I contact Schumacher USA? Do they have a website or phone number?
Thanks
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #53
Tech Initiate

You can reach them at 813-889-9691, Paul and Arrian are out of the office at the Reedy race in CA but Troy is in the office and I am sure could help you out with whatever you need.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:43 AM   #54
Tech Initiate

oops I ment Adrian...lol
Old 05-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #55
Tech Apprentice

All I remember about RC OLD MAN's R12 was that your header got FUBAR'd up. sorry Fred i think i caused that. I know i flipped over you car right after the straight. Landed on my wheels though. Was that before or after the tank broke. Still waiting to Run at Zak's. I hate Buena Township. I shoulda chocked out the mayor.

Oh well gives me sometime to finish the Impact and get the B4
Tweeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 04:56 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Ahhh yes...... But I believe that R12 was LEADING!!!!! I just got a little greedy in the corner!!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 09:30 AM   #57
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Finally raced my R12 this weekend... TQed and won the A. But at about eight mins into the main the brakes faded to about nothing. I never had this problem with my NTC3 on this track... if I have to drive this car like I have a oneway in it I might as well get one... are they available yet? Overall I was impressed with the car... had a push I couldnt tune out but I will work on that some more next week.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 01:03 AM   #58
Tech Adept

I have done my 1st race with R12 as well. Had some problems, mostly due to rain & the bearing failure it caused, but overall the car felt OK, considering the engine was still being broken in...

Some dumb questions about PW's setup:
- the alloy hub carriers use "inline" kingpin setup, right? Is "low ball" the same as normal plastic hub and "high ball"= cut hub?
- does the alloy bulkhead have only one hole? Is it the same as lower or higher hole on plastic bulkhead or somewhere inbetween the 2?
- rear arm: spaced rear - does that mean the arm is in rear positions or that the spacers are in rear? BTW your setup does not mention front arm location.
- do you use roll center mods?
- do you have to cut the front tire width to get even tire wear? Without cutting my rears wore a lot faster than front, both were 40's (my setup was also bad, have not had track time to set the car up)?
- how big difference between front/rear tire diameter do you run? With one-way and diff
- how do you fix the pro swaybar to front lower arm so that the wheels still turn? One picture would be worth a thousand words here.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 03:48 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by olev
I have done my 1st race with R12 as well. Had some problems, mostly due to rain & the bearing failure it caused, but overall the car felt OK, considering the engine was still being broken in...

Some dumb questions about PW's setup:
- the alloy hub carriers use "inline" kingpin setup, right? Is "low ball" the same as normal plastic hub and "high ball"= cut hub?
- does the alloy bulkhead have only one hole? Is it the same as lower or higher hole on plastic bulkhead or somewhere inbetween the 2?
- rear arm: spaced rear - does that mean the arm is in rear positions or that the spacers are in rear? BTW your setup does not mention front arm location.
- do you use roll center mods?
- do you have to cut the front tire width to get even tire wear? Without cutting my rears wore a lot faster than front, both were 40's (my setup was also bad, have not had track time to set the car up)?
- how big difference between front/rear tire diameter do you run? With one-way and diff
- how do you fix the pro swaybar to front lower arm so that the wheels still turn? One picture would be worth a thousand words here.
The inline is Kingpin, low ball is cut and high is normal, Alloy bulkhead is in between the plastic hole bulkhead. spaced rear is arms rear. no roll center mod as far as I know. Front tire With? Do you mean Diamater? cant answer the bottom two but I would like to know about the sway bar also!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:36 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Old Man,

thanks for the answers. I'm not too strong with the low ball/high ball thing, as I don't use alloy hubs & bulkheads myself.
With tire width I mean width I know lot of fast guys (non-Schumacher) cut around 2mm off the front tires, making them 24mm wide. They say otherwise the rear tires wear more than front and handling will change during long mains, you finish with fronts bigger than rears, even though you start vice versa. I was just wondering if it's necessary with properly setup Fusion as well.
I'm hopefully going to have a test day on Saturday, so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before that.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote