Originally Posted by sfelish
yes I can... will do that tonight... hope..lol
thanks ill try to help
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Well... all depends on what version of the car your running. The team-spec is ALOT stronger than the original version. Z24 can vouch for that, since his original would break from anything. The team-spec can withstand alot with the exception of the belts which are its weak side.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #363
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Well... all depends on what version of the car your running. The team-spec is ALOT stronger than the original version. Z24 can vouch for that, since his original would break from anything. The team-spec can withstand alot with the exception of the belts which are its weak side.
I also have the Team version and it is alot stronger than the original R12. and it also has a better clutch than before. I had both and both are fast. I havent had any problems with the belts yet , i only had belt problesm with my old R12
Old 06-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #364
Tech Regular

I haven't had the belt problem at all. Thank Goodness! But I have had this problem with the front upper arm turnbuckles. I know when you add alloy to a kit like this that an impact will be much harder on other parts. The lower front A arms broke on me right at the joints where your pin goes through. This I am sure was a production flaw and had no troubles since. But those 4mx24mm turnbuckles seem very easy to bend and break. If the impact was very hard i would understand. But it seems for me that the impact can be slight ( if some impact can be this) and yet a problem will occur. This past weekend other guys "smacked" the wall and keep rolling... I went alittle wide on an infield turn and lost my front suspension... Not fun!

Thanks guys .. will try to get the pics today or tomorrow Marcus... Thanks again
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #365
Tech Initiate

sfelish: are you talking about king-pins??? if so i will tell you about hour experiences with them... They bend or break alot.. even the titanium ones...here in portugal we have tried both (notmal and titanium ones) and they still bend or break... to me that is the weakest point of the car.... hope that they correct that when they release the new version of r12.... Hope thy will release it soon.. (2006) :S
in fact i have some pics of a prorotype they use in England a few months ago...i will try to post them....
It looks like they use the MI2 suspension arms and C-hubs

hope you enjoy it...
Cheers
SchuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #366
Super Moderator

Quote:
I haven't had the belt problem at all. Thank Goodness! But I have had this problem with the front upper arm turnbuckles. I know when you add alloy to a kit like this that an impact will be much harder on other parts. The lower front A arms broke on me right at the joints where your pin goes through. This I am sure was a production flaw and had no troubles since. But those 4mx24mm turnbuckles seem very easy to bend and break. If the impact was very hard i would understand. But it seems for me that the impact can be slight ( if some impact can be this) and yet a problem will occur. This past weekend other guys "smacked" the wall and keep rolling... I went alittle wide on an infield turn and lost my front suspension... Not fun!

Thanks guys .. will try to get the pics today or tomorrow Marcus... Thanks again
any luck with the pics?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #367
Tech Regular

Thanks for those pics of the upcoming R12. I haven't had the kingpin problem. I have bent one but with a solid hit. My problem is the 4mx23mm turnbuckle that screws into the upper A arm on one end then to the grip socket that attaches to the alloy hub on the other end. These seem to be a very vulunerable area for this car. Even on a light glancing hit on a board they have bent on me and even broken. In Las Vegas last week in the A main I lightly touch the board and it broke my right trunbuckle... very diasappointing. I have tyitanium ones coming from lundsford but still looking to better this system.

Sorry Marcus no pics... working on it
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #368
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for those pics of the upcoming R12. I haven't had the kingpin problem. I have bent one but with a solid hit. My problem is the 4mx23mm turnbuckle that screws into the upper A arm on one end then to the grip socket that attaches to the alloy hub on the other end. These seem to be a very vulunerable area for this car. Even on a light glancing hit on a board they have bent on me and even broken. In Las Vegas last week in the A main I lightly touch the board and it broke my right trunbuckle... very diasappointing. I have tyitanium ones coming from lundsford but still looking to better this system.

Sorry Marcus no pics... working on it
FYI that R12 in the pics was just a prototype and its not going into production anytime soon
Old 06-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #369
Tech Regular

Yes that is what I have been told. I like my R12 very much.. just need some things to be better on it... but handles good...can make adjustment to the car and see the difference... I like that... No one in my area ( arizona, Neveda and seems like California also) are running these cars so getting info is hard for me to come by... that is why the thread is so great for me...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:25 PM   #370
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I only bent one upper arm turnbuckle in almost three years with this car... I have bent a lot of kingpins and lower hinge pins though I am afraid if you get a stronger turnbuckle the arm will bend instead of the turnbuckle with a good hit. If you havent broken a rear belt, you will I change mine every few race days. The pin in the two speed hub will also work its way out especially with the modded 5 ports we run so keep a eye on it. The car is really pretty tuff with a PDub front bumper (a must have) the only real weak area is when you take a hit from the rear... the rear toe links will break or pop off or the ball studs will break... I played around with a rear bumper last season for a while.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #371
Tech Regular

Any R12 drivers going to be racing at the O'Donnell Champships next week at Revelation?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:00 AM   #372
Super Moderator

Quote:

any word on your pictures?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #373
Tech Regular

Hi Marcus,

Yes I took some pictures last night since I finished the car for the O'Donnell race. I need my wife to help me size them down to put on here. I put the skyline pipe on as you mentioned and did cut the header down 5mm. It looks great and fits perfect. Thanks for the help there!

We are packing up tonight and will leave very early tomorrow for California. I am using Paul's setup that he had posted here that seems to work good for me to start and then make adjustments as needed. I talked to Paul and Adrian about the front upper turnbuckles I have had troubles with and they gave me some ideas... course the obvious like don't hit a wall or a car!!! lol

Hopefully the weekend goes well... talk to ya next week.

Sam
Old 06-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #374
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Marcus,

Yes I took some pictures last night since I finished the car for the O'Donnell race. I need my wife to help me size them down to put on here. I put the skyline pipe on as you mentioned and did cut the header down 5mm. It looks great and fits perfect. Thanks for the help there!

We are packing up tonight and will leave very early tomorrow for California. I am using Paul's setup that he had posted here that seems to work good for me to start and then make adjustments as needed. I talked to Paul and Adrian about the front upper turnbuckles I have had troubles with and they gave me some ideas... course the obvious like don't hit a wall or a car!!! lol

Sam
well good luck and im glad the pipe worked for you let me know how you like it!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #375
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Marcus,

Sam
how was the car at the Odonell race?