R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-01-2005, 01:48 AM   #346
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the team version comes with a spool in the front.
Are you sure, becasue this is the opposite to what i have been told by a few others????

H-O
Old 06-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #347
Tech Initiate

hooked_on

in fact the wheel axle diameter is normal- i use Tamyia wheel nut for that, i supose that is the normal diameter...
The Team Edition, at least here in Europe, it comes with both diff's in front/rear..and the mounts, flywheel and clutch assembly are the same as the normal edition....regarding sg or shaft or not i say: in RC everything is possible to adapt in a way or another, but is better to use the sg shaft than the normal shaft....my tought

cheers...
SchuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #348
Z24
Tech Adept

Hi everyone, Iím regarding this post to Tabushi, about the R12. From my point of view and experience, the car is awesome; it's very fast and nimble vs. the other brands. But there's always a but...

Iíve been having some nightmares with the car. And that is... that It's not durable. Thereís a list of some kind of issues thatís comes out of the box.

1. Rear Belt shredded or cut off.
2. Front and Rear DIFF fences loose out.
3. Main Belt, like Riketsu said, it flips upwards, but this one happens when the car tends to jump with bumpy tracks.

NO matter how many new spare parts I buy. I just won't finish races. I don't know if it has to do with the heat temperatures and start to loose some parts. Because I live in Puerto Rico, and it's very hot down here. But this kind of issues doesnít seem to happen to US nor Europe, and that's what I'm concern about, why it happens to me? The car is very cool but just with this kind of problems that I have.

Any comments? What about you Marcos J.?

hooked_on:
My R12 TEAM Version came with front spool DIFF.

Last edited by Z24; 06-01-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #349
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on
Are you sure, becasue this is the opposite to what i have been told by a few others????

H-O
i have the team version and it does come with the spool in the front.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #350
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z24
Hi everyone, Iím regarding this post to Tabushi, about the R12. From my point of view and experience, the car is awesome; it's very fast and nimble vs. the other brands. But there's always a but...

Iíve been having some nightmares with the car. And that is... that It's not durable. Thereís a list of some kind of issues thatís comes out of the box.

1. Rear Belt shredded or cut off.
2. Front and Rear DIFF fences loose out.
3. Main Belt, like Riketsu said, it flips upwards, but this one happens when the car tends to jump with bumpy tracks.

NO matter how many new spare parts I buy. I just won't finish races. I don't know if it has to do with the heat temperatures and start to loose some parts. Because I live in Puerto Rico, and it's very hot down here. But this kind of issues doesnít seem to happen to US nor Europe, and that's I'm concerns about, why it happens to me? The car is very cool but just with this kind of problems that I have.

Any comments? What about you Marcos J.?

hooked_on:
My R12 TEAM Version came with spool DIFF.
the old r12 was a little bit on the fragile side but the new team version is alot stronger i havent had any problems yet that i had with the old version. I love the new R12 especially the clucth!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #351
Z24
Tech Adept

Marcos J.:

Quote:
the old r12 was a little bit on the fragile side but the new team version is alot stronger i havent had any problems yet that i had with the old version. I love the new R12 especially the clucth!

I Love mine to, and that's why I don't change it. But it would be better if those bad things didn't happend to me.
Z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:03 PM   #352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Re: Z24

1) Your BBQ grill in the rear back of the car seems to have done the trick. [U know what i mean]

2) Did you use screw lock tight on the screws?

3) Only solution I can think of is like i mentioned... adding a second belt tensioner before it goes over/under the engine. Because I dont really know what causes the freakin belt to turn upside down. It could be the impact when it hits the floor again... Because if it was because it went airborne, same thing would happen when holding the car in the air.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #353
Tech Regular

Quote:

Marcos, I would like to ask you about running that stock manifold. I run a Modified Sirio with rd logics one piece pipe. That pipe does stick out. However I saw your pic of the car with the stock manifold. It has a very sharp turn to it so i guess I am wondering how the performace is in your opinion. I would think we would loose some flow and create back pressure. Then again some back pressure can be good??? yes/no? My other question is can that skyline pipe VR12 be purchased by it self as a one piece. My rd logics can't work like the pipe you show. Thank for the info!

I am taking the car to Las vegas for the first night race on the 11th and then to the O'Donell championship at the end of June. This will be my first races away from the home track. Should have a better idea about what the other guys are talking about in regards to belts. Right now no problems... Yes I am knocking on wood right now!!!! lol

Great racing to all!
Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #354
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelish
Marcos, I would like to ask you about running that stock manifold. I run a Modified Sirio with rd logics one piece pipe. That pipe does stick out. However I saw your pic of the car with the stock manifold. It has a very sharp turn to it so i guess I am wondering how the performace is in your opinion. I would think we would loose some flow and create back pressure. Then again some back pressure can be good??? yes/no? My other question is can that skyline pipe VR12 be purchased by it self as a one piece. My rd logics can't work like the pipe you show. Thank for the info!

I am taking the car to Las vegas for the first night race on the 11th and then to the O'Donell championship at the end of June. This will be my first races away from the home track. Should have a better idea about what the other guys are talking about in regards to belts. Right now no problems... Yes I am knocking on wood right now!!!! lol

Great racing to all!
Sam
i got the Skyline with the manifold but i used the stock R12 manifold but i cut about 5mm of the manifold and used the Skyline pipe and i must tell you it runs excellent alot of power through out the rpm range.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #355
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
i have the team version and it does come with the spool in the front.
Marcus.J:

To ask a stupid question... i am guess spool = solid diff?

Thanks H-O
Old 06-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #356
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on
Marcus.J:

To ask a stupid question... i am guess spool = solid diff?

Thanks H-O
yes it is the solid diff
Old 06-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #357
Tech Regular

Default Need help Guys!

I just recently been running my R12 team spec car. And having problem with the soft turn buckles on the alloy upper to the dub. Just the sligest glance og the board and it bens or breaks. Even had the problem in the rear. I had problems with the lower A arms in the front but found they may have had some bad one because since i replaced the ones I had i haven't had that problem again. I had this R12 in Las Vegas last weekend it is so frustrating to have to drop out of one heat and then the A main due to weak area. This is a re-acurring situation. I love the way the car handles but hate to see some other car slam the boards and keep going and mine drop out.... anybody have the same problems and cured it???? Need help...
Old 06-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #358
Tech Regular

at work had to type fast... sorry about the spelling errors... typo king lives and wants to keep driving the R12... Help!!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #359
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelish
I just recently been running my R12 team spec car. And having problem with the soft turn buckles on the alloy upper to the dub. Just the sligest glance og the board and it bens or breaks. Even had the problem in the rear. I had problems with the lower A arms in the front but found they may have had some bad one because since i replaced the ones I had i haven't had that problem again. I had this R12 in Las Vegas last weekend it is so frustrating to have to drop out of one heat and then the A main due to weak area. This is a re-acurring situation. I love the way the car handles but hate to see some other car slam the boards and keep going and mine drop out.... anybody have the same problems and cured it???? Need help...
can you post a picture of your car?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #360
Tech Regular

yes I can... will do that tonight... hope..lol