Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2003 Speedline Grand Prix >

2003 Speedline Grand Prix

2003 Speedline Grand Prix

Old 04-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Default 2003 Speedline Grand Prix

What no thread for this? Figure one needs to be here. Anyone have any info on the who's doing what?
Old 04-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

I heard some stupid shit about it from my friends running over there. The track force everyone to re-run a qualifyer after most racers already finish because the last couple that didnt finish complain about too much dirts. So they cancel the score and force a re-run. thats just retarded.

And a sutpid point sytem. And no electric and no pit area.

I cant believe the 4ace association is such a ass.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

yeah if anyone can keep us posted on this race. Goodluck Team AE and all the regulars from CP and Rev!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

XIII,

Well I live in Vegas, and have run on the track. Which is an excellent track. But when you have 30-40 mph winds you gotta expect there to be dirt and dust on the track. I mean Las Vegas is in a desert. So no one should be complaining about dirt and dust on the track.

Now with the re-runs of the qualifiers, i know nothing about that, but it was wrong of them to do it. I totally agree with you on the points system....IT SUXS!!

just my .02
Old 04-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Initiate

according to my buddy, its the stupidest race event ever. The person in charge is just a idiot. They force re-run so my friend lose a chance to A-main. No provided pit and no electricity. Make everyone waitted hours and re-schedule without notice. Not to mention the stupidest point system i ever heard.

Its a big and excellent track but they really need a new group of staffs there.

I cant believe big guys like Barry baker actually put up with their crap.

Last edited by XIII; 04-13-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I heard that they cancelled the 1st qualifier because of a dust storm. E-Z ups where totally trashed and all over the place. Anybody knows where we can find results of this race ? Had a bunch of friends that went. Couldn't go cause I had work, but now that I heard about what happened, kinda glad that I didn't go.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I was there... The race was run well, and the track was good...
Congrats to Robbie Collins for his win in sedan, If I remember right Garren Hagopian (sp) for his win in 1/10 outlaw, and Mike Swager (sp) for his win in 1/8th

As for the problems:

The dust storm made the track horrible, same as a rain out, when this happens you must rerun the qualifier... There isn't another way to do it.
I am told that this has happened before, and done the same way, again this is what i was told. After they cleaned the track they picked all of sand they could, and they used sugar water to fix the slippery track

The point system: Well everyone was told in the drivers meeting we would use a point system that would issue points for how your time compared to the rest of that heat, and to seed the mains drivers would be split up with the use of their best (lowest point) heat finish. With tie-breakers going to the fastest lap (single lap) time. The problem was the race program would not support this (after much time trying to make it work) so they decided to use your best qualifier.

For the problems they had I feel they did the best with what they ran into. Hind site is always 20/20...

As for what they were trying to do with the points system: as long as you are told before the start of qualifying it is they same for all, and with out trying new forms of qualifying we would never have used ifmar type qualifying, which seems to be the standard now.

Again this is from someone who was there not second informationp.s. as for Barry putting up with it? what are you talking about? There were more people there than Barry (I am not taking a shot at Barry)

my .02 cents
Ron
Old 04-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Congrats to Robbie and Team Mugen. Who were the top 10 sedan drivers?
Old 04-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Hey Rocket,

How much Mugen MTX-3's were there in the "A"?

How did you do with yours?

Isn't Garren Hagobian a GS driver?
Old 04-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mugen takes it to the top again Congrats to Robbie and Mikey
Old 04-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Tech Initiate

All i got to say is how can they cancel a race thats in the middle of process. This directly affect a firnd of mine. He lost his chance of being in A or B main because of the qualifyer is cancel and he have to re-run.

From what i was told. the race give points to each driver's top 2 qualifyer and determine which main a driver will be in by the sum of points.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

you were told wrong

it was said in the drivers meeting that they were going to use only one qualifier for seeding (out of 6, but they had to rerun and fix the track so we only could get in 5), and like i said before tie-breakers were going to be single lap time(i.e. 18.7 sec)

as for your friend losing out... it is a bummer but for that round the track got messed up and to be fair they had to rerun it... it was the second round that had to be rerun... we got 5 rounds of qualifing in and they took your best qualifier to seed the mains... there were 10 plus 2 bump-ups in the mains,,

As for who were in the mains
the top 3 were

sedan
1. Robbie
2. Me
3. Jason Ashton

outlaw
1. Garren
sorry but i was getting ready for my next main and do not remember the results

1/8th
1.Mike Swager
2. Darren Ishitani (if i remember right)
3. Tim Long

Ron
Old 04-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rocket Ronbo
you were told wrong

it was said in the drivers meeting that they were going to use only one qualifier for seeding (out of 6, but they had to rerun and fix the track so we only could get in 5), and like i said before tie-breakers were going to be single lap time(i.e. 18.7 sec)

as for your friend losing out... it is a bummer but for that round the track got messed up and to be fair they had to rerun it... it was the second round that had to be rerun... we got 5 rounds of qualifing in and they took your best qualifier to seed the mains... there were 10 plus 2 bump-ups in the mains,,

As for who were in the mains
the top 3 were

sedan
1. Robbie
2. Me
3. Jason Ashton

outlaw
1. Garren
sorry but i was getting ready for my next main and do not remember the results

1/8th
1.Mike Swager
2. Darren Ishitani (if i remember right)
3. Tim Long

Ron
Old 04-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Good job Ron!
Old 04-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Wow an offroad guy in third. Good job Ashton(PJ).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.