R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-25-2003, 12:29 AM   #61
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
(scratches head)

I saw this coming from the start...no wonder Motorman left this board.
the two scenarios aren't similiar. If you saw this from the beginning then you knew danielson would be attacked, accused of copying, and then be drawn into a public squabble in defense. None of those things happened to motorman on this board.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 01:28 AM   #62
Tech Adept

None of those things happened to danielson, he took it from private to public. Never was he accused of copying. This is why I have never been into pushing my product over the internet. Unless you read the PM that I sent to him you should have nothing to say. It's just sepculation that is not true. He and I have talked in private, there should be no more talk about it, it's over.

Back to the Turbo "fanned" crank disscussion please.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 03:28 AM   #63
Tech Master

Danielson,

If my memory serves me you have made all cuts in the crank the one depth from the inner hole to the outer edge of the crank. Does that not have a bad effect on the flow of the fuel as it would be getting chopped instead of flowing causing turbulence (for lack of better word at this time of morning) at entry point. Surely, this would act in the same way as airflow moving from a flowing surface to a sharp surface (causes separation and renders the following parts less effective).
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:47 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

poop

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-09-2007 at 07:14 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #65
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Sorry to hear you speaking along this line JPH - it's sad.

First, you cannot copyright a process, design or an idea, you can only copyright actual works. Rather, you PATENT processes, designs or ideas.

Second, it has a tendency to move people's perceptions of you as petty. Your reaction to someone stating their opinion of you and your reaction further reinforces this perception. Were you to ignore it and graciously tell DanielSon to put the pics up again and take part in the discussion, people's perception of you might have changed in the positive direction rather than toward the negative.

Third, to begin attempting to quote law when you have demonstrated a lack of understanding thereof, it takes credibility away from you in that area. Research your opinions prior to stating them - you would not look unprepared when confronted with the copyright issue (btw, when did you have it certified? also, btw, mailing photos of it to yourself are NOT, as is popularly believed, enough for copyright proof. . .)

Fourth, using a rifle (bullet, trajectory, etc) to compare to fuel travelling down the crank did not help your cause. I can see how it might work, knowing some physics, but I also can see how you're comparing apples (bullets) to oranges (air-fuel mixture in aerosol suspension).

Dude, Ya done stepped on your wieny!

DanielSon - I would very much apreciate seeing your pics. If you feel intimidated into not posting them, please PM me. I would have zero problem posting them under my name and taking ALL responsibility - 100%.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:46 PM   #66
Tech Adept

Hmmm

"shady competitor that feel threatened..."
"or understand the complexity of it"

If this was said to my face that person would probably walk away with a bloody nose. I dont care how I am percived or how my reactions are percived. It does not bother me. If I called you stupid, you would probably quite mad, wouldn't you?? I was.

You might want to read what I had said eirlyer. There is a nice little blurb about how using a rifle was no more than an analogy. I wont post anymore, I'm sure you can read.

I never said anything about his fanned crank. It was his decision to take down all of his post aginst me and his pics. When I first opened a dialouge with him about this there was no malicious intent on my part. But that was then the past is bhind me.

"Ya done stepped on your wieny" I wish it was that long.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #67
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

If you called me stupid, and I didn't know you, I would likely respond with some kind of intelligence and then blow it off. I don't know you so it doesn't really matter to me - and this is a forum about toy cars. . . Were you to call me stupid in a board meeting, that would likely be a different matter, of course, and I do understand your point.

I do realize your rifle point wasn an analogy - but the purpose of an analogy is to make things clear while being as accurate as possible. It just didn't work.

Quote:
I PM'd you with a waring that you are treading on thin ice. I dont own patents, just a copyright on how I do it. I understand that great ideas cant be kept secrect, but what your saying is slander, I hope your product is better than your busness ethic
This is the first shot that I saw in this entire affair and it sounds like you threatened him (thin ice. . .owning copyrights. . .etc.). Beware - if you make threats based on law it can come back to haunt you.

By the way - don't we all wish ours was that long. . .
Old 05-08-2003, 11:22 PM   #68
Tech Apprentice

shroomer the loser

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-09-2007 at 07:15 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote