R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2003, 12:30 AM   #46
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Beyond Circle Talk
Posts: 80
Thumbs down Re: Re: MMMMMM!!! FATS FOOD

My wife is fat

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-09-2007 at 07:13 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:56 AM   #47
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DanielSon
What we have done is nothing new. The pictures were taking down due to one person who says he has already copyrighted the work that we have done down the bore of the crank. I am positive he doesn’t have the means to do what we have, or understand the complexity of it. The basic concept comes from the Archimedes screw-pump dating 287-212 BCE that is long before my time and any RC motor modding, and I doubt that this guy is Archimedes himself.

In regards to the "fan" it is basically expanding on the idea of the "turbo" cranks that are available in a variety of motors on the market.

We are not re-inventing the wheel just applying an idea that I have personally never seen used in this area. Maybe it has? It is for sure work that someone with a skillful hand at a dremel can not reproduce, but I do wish anyone luck wishing to reproduce our work. What we have is a very precision balanced crank that has proved to be very efficient. Different fan configurations, channel depths/widths, and degrees of spacing have and are still being tested. Once we see that everything is good then they we available. Thanks for everyones interest in our work.

Here are 2 new pics. One should satisfy you "legal" motor guys
Well I appreciate those kind words, I have no problem blowing this onto a public fourm, I know for a fact that there are at least 4-5 guys on this site that run my motors. I have been in the motor busness for long enough to know that crank flow work is the last 15% of power that is made in a "race" motor. But, I have nothing that I need to prove to you. What I have been doing on my 3rd gen motor's is somthing that I got from guns. Rifles have barrels that work in the same fassion so that the the bullit is sent out spinning. It works in the same way in out motors to help along the atomization process. But you allready knew that right? I was the first person to sell motors with it in place. I somehow dont get how you think that I dont understad the complexity of it? You could have left your pictures up none of them had anything to do with I am doing to my motors. Do you own one of my motors, If you dont maby you should maby it would teach you a little?

I had nothing aginst you, I PM'd you with a waring that you are treading on thin ice. I dont own patents, just a copyright on how I do it. I understand that great ideas cant be kept secrect, but what your saying is slander, I hope your product is better than your busness ethic.

David
DWR Motors
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:56 AM   #48
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JPHRacer
I had nothing aginst you, I PM'd you with a waring that you are treading on thin ice. I dont own patents, just a copyright on how I do it. I understand that great ideas cant be kept secrect, but what your saying is slander, I hope your product is better than your busness ethic.
Uhm.... Have one question about those mod and the way you did.

If I'm not wrong, and EDM machine when works any piece, heats a lot those part on very few time. Our cranks are heat treated to provide better hardness (heat treated and templed). Are you giving any kind of strengthtening process after the mods?
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:58 AM   #49
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Beyond Circle Talk
Posts: 80
Default JPH RACER

allegory of truth

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-09-2007 at 07:13 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:04 AM   #50
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Beyond Circle Talk
Posts: 80
Default

farm town fatty

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-14-2007 at 12:23 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:47 AM   #51
Tech Master
 
sparksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisvagas
Posts: 1,951
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: Re: MMMMMM!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
alex i've got the pics i saved them so i could try it out myself. pm a email so can send em to ya.

VWO can you send them to me? I have access to an EDM and I wouldnt mind testing this out for myself...



Are you breaking copyrite if you dont proffit from services?
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:51 AM   #52
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

No. You can copy a design for your own purpose as long as you are not producing said products for others. However, if you alter the shape or design even a .0001mm the design is effectively new and under current laws is classed as your own design and can be sold for profit.

That is why copyright and patent in this hobby is useless.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:12 AM   #53
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default Re: Re: Re: MMMMMM!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
VWO can you send them to me? I have access to an EDM and I wouldnt mind testing this out for myself...



Are you breaking copyrite if you dont proffit from services?
check your pm dude.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:58 PM   #54
Tech Regular
 
Jonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JPHRacer
Well I appreciate those kind words, I have no problem blowing this onto a public fourm, I know for a fact that there are at least 4-5 guys on this site that run my motors. I have been in the motor busness for long enough to know that crank flow work is the last 15% of power that is made in a "race" motor. But, I have nothing that I need to prove to you. What I have been doing on my 3rd gen motor's is somthing that I got from guns. Rifles have barrels that work in the same fassion so that the the bullit is sent out spinning. It works in the same way in out motors to help along the atomization process. But you allready knew that right? I was the first person to sell motors with it in place. I somehow dont get how you think that I dont understad the complexity of it? You could have left your pictures up none of them had anything to do with I am doing to my motors. Do you own one of my motors, If you dont maby you should maby it would teach you a little?

I had nothing aginst you, I PM'd you with a waring that you are treading on thin ice. I dont own patents, just a copyright on how I do it. I understand that great ideas cant be kept secrect, but what your saying is slander, I hope your product is better than your busness ethic.

David
DWR Motors
Hummm... where do I begin. How??? may I ask did you so precisely quantify that crank flow work yeilds only 15% power gain... care to share with us your method of analysis???

Your bullet analogy is also flawed... First of all, fuel does not travel at the rate of 1000 fps from the get go, not to mention fuel being a fluid or gas behaves differently than a solid matter such as a bullet. Furthermore, a rifle bore is stationary...whereas a crank spins @ in excess of 30k rpms. But you knew that right. David, aside from your theory being suspect, your concept with regards to what's happening in the crank bore differs from our completely. Your're seeking the benefit of better attomization, whereas we are striving to acelerate fuel flow and thus increasing crankcase pressure. We have stated that in the beginning. Needless to say, your post completely nullifies your claims of copyright infringemetns. Also, everyone can decide for themselves who's on the right track.

As far as ethics is concern, we have been nothing but completely open with our ideas. When we can't quantify something, we don't pull numbers out of our asses. In addition, never once have we mention we're out to market our motors. Our first and foremost conviction had always been to build the fastest motor out there. How? By utilizing state of the art equipment to realize our most radical and innovative ideas. All we wanted was for everyone to share the excitement of our acheivements as we go throught R&D. This is not to say we won't be bring these motors to the market, quite the contrary, due to overwhelming interest, we are now actively seeking to endow everyone with one of these badboys. So be patient...there are a lot more things to sort out besides shady competitor that feel threatened...

More to come.... Stage 3....
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #55
Tech Master
 
patelladragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,638
Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default Re: Turbo "fanned" Crank

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

I think this is simply GREAT that someone would be creative enough to come up with this idea (and it works). My suggestion would be to immediately start on a Patent request, before someone Steals your idea.

b

Last edited by patelladragger; 04-24-2003 at 09:13 PM.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:36 PM   #56
Tech Master
 
patelladragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,638
Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
No. You can copy a design for your own purpose as long as you are not producing said products for others. However, if you alter the shape or design even a .0001mm the design is effectively new and under current laws is classed as your own design and can be sold for profit.

That is why copyright and patent in this hobby is useless.
KUDOS!!! Somebody finally sees the light. It's not even worth all this grandstanding because it's worth a hill of beans in court anyway. I just wish people deflate their noggins a little bit and realize this is just a niche hobby....no matter how serious we may try to make it.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:57 PM   #57
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Hummm... where do I begin. How??? may I ask did you so precisely quantify that crank flow work yeilds only 15% power gain... care to share with us your method of analysis???

Your bullet analogy is also flawed... First of all, fuel does not travel at the rate of 1000 fps from the get go, not to mention fuel being a fluid or gas behaves differently than a solid matter such as a bullet. Furthermore, a rifle bore is stationary...whereas a crank spins @ in excess of 30k rpms. But you knew that right. David, aside from your theory being suspect, your concept with regards to what's happening in the crank bore differs from our completely. Your're seeking the benefit of better attomization, whereas we are striving to acelerate fuel flow and thus increasing crankcase pressure. We have stated that in the beginning. Needless to say, your post completely nullifies your claims of copyright infringemetns. Also, everyone can decide for themselves who's on the right track.

As far as ethics is concern, we have been nothing but completely open with our ideas. When we can't quantify something, we don't pull numbers out of our asses. In addition, never once have we mention we're out to market our motors. Our first and foremost conviction had always been to build the fastest motor out there. How? By utilizing state of the art equipment to realize our most radical and innovative ideas. All we wanted was for everyone to share the excitement of our acheivements as we go throught R&D. This is not to say we won't be bring these motors to the market, quite the contrary, due to overwhelming interest, we are now actively seeking to endow everyone with one of these badboys. So be patient...there are a lot more things to sort out besides

More to come.... Stage 3....
There is no reason for any of my motors to require any more crankcase pressure, the piston takes care of that job. My "borecharger" does do that but there was no way around it adding pressure. No the piston is not a stock piston, just incase your wondering. My bullit analogy is just what it is, and analogy. The only thing that is simalar about the two is that they both acclerating somthing.

I am fully aware of how fast the motor spins, I designed my tool that is used in solid works, I had to design a crank in the program as well. My whole design was crated around the fact that it would be spinning at over 30,000rpm and I used a fluid dynamics program to find out how fast the fuel would be traveling and what the pitch, of what I would call an inverted corkscrew, would need to be be.

Because my accleration dyno is in a state of limbo, I have no actual figures to toss out. I have been building motors long enough to know how much your going to get out of a motor with stock timing, and since you have stock timing in the crank, as you said, I am telling you that is how much I have noticed. It is no different in a real car. All your doing is leaving the motor interals stock and shot peening the head passage intake manifold. If you want to make real Hp you need to start doing work timing. In our case it would be rotor, tranfers boost and exhaust. For a full size car you would just put in a cam.

I am sorry but after two years of Law and AP Law Sh*t like this is known as slander:

"shady competitor that feel threatened..."
"or understand the complexity of it"

It is called degrading ones public image.

But no matter to me, I have been selling my 3rd gen motors for a few months now, I know where it started in the RC industry.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #58
Tech Regular
 
Old Skool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 342
Default

(scratches head)

I saw this coming from the start...no wonder Motorman left this board.
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:46 PM   #59
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Beyond Circle Talk
Posts: 80
Default

..laughing years later

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-14-2007 at 12:26 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:24 PM   #60
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 195
Default

I wish you guys good luck. Being progressive is the only way to be.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-13-2007 07:20 PM
"""NEW""" Collari .21 3 port buggy motor lc21-b3 goneRVing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-20-2006 06:25 PM
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-22-2006 09:49 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 10:04 PM
NEW kyosho V ONE R main chassis & top deck for sale cheap """" sheridans R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-03-2003 06:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net