R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-06-2007, 06:45 AM   #16
Tech Adept

What I think may have happen is when you adjusted the tick over screw its jammed against the throttle slide. Undo the tickover screw until it is almost completely out. Now try and move the slide, it should move. Now whilst holding the slide wide open re screw in the tick over screw, don't go mad when you screw it back in. Release the slide and see how much gap is showing with the slide now closed, you only need about 1mm, if there is no gap, reopen the carb to max and screw in the tickover screw some more, again not top much, release slide and check again. This may cure your problem.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RaceANissan616

excuse my noobness, but which screw is the tickover screw? The one near the HSN? on the opposite side of the arm???
RaceANissan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
Tech Adept

The screw with the spring under it.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

ahh so aka idle screw?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Alright well idk I screwed out the LSN and now it's moving, so I tightened the nut around the LSN to hold the arm on and now the arm is moving the carb, only problems are, it's only closing to about 1/3 of the barrel and it's making a clicking sound near the top and bottom. I'm still haha
Old 06-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

eAlso the servo doesn't have to move that far in order for it to go to full throttle, the idle screw doesn't do anything or tickover whatever you called it

Wow I just turned on my electronics, everything is so screwed up, how the hell did it get like that? This is so frustrating

I need to
1. Get the arm so that it's up and the barrel is closed, and that will fix that clikcing sound cause that's one of my servo arms pulling the opposite direction because when I pull on the throttle the carb is already open so it doesn't move...
2. Get the carb to close all the way.
3. figure out why everything has to be reversed on my radio to turn and throttle the correct way??
4. Curse my car

EDIT: If anyone is planning to help I may have got it, now I have to try to start it , wish me luck...

Last edited by RaceANissan616; 06-07-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

!!!! I went to go try to fire her up, and the pullstarter is wicked stiff...A few days ago I took the heat sink off and tightened it down more because the first time I took it off I didn't tighten it enough or something and fuel was spilling out, sooo now the compression islike a lot, help again haha
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceANissan616 View Post
!!!! I went to go try to fire her up, and the pullstarter is wicked stiff...A few days ago I took the heat sink off and tightened it down more because the first time I took it off I didn't tighten it enough or something and fuel was spilling out, sooo now the compression islike a lot, help again haha
...hydra-locked?..........take out the glow plug and pull the rope 4,526 times, put plug back in, fire her up........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #24
Tech Master

Dude, you need to read the instructions and follow them carefuly. HPI has very good instruction manuels.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

No, I read the instructions so closely, but the only thing I messed up on was that when I was putting the ball screw thing onto the arm of the carb I made the mistake of taking the arm off and that made everything go crazy, but now I have the carb under control, idk I tried taking the glow plug out and pulling but like it seems that there's almost too much compression or something because whenever I pull with the glow plug in it's kinda hard, then when I put on the igniter it like lifts off the ground...whatever just forget it I'll bring it to a LHS sorry I made the mistake of asking for help.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Has you motor run before or is it new?
ShrekNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Hey Pals on RCTECH!... So I finally brought my car to a hobby shop, carburetor is fine...everything is ok...motor will not start. Two technicians in the business for many years could not figure out what the hell is wrong with my engine. Needless to say, I followed directions...give me a break. I intend to send it back to HPI in hope of a new motor/repaired at no cost.
Cheers...
Derek