R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-20-2003, 12:39 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Can you enlighten us on what failed on my post? seemed that was a serious and rigorous reply and no need of nonsenses like this.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 12:41 PM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Can you enlighten us on what failed on my post? seemed that was a serious and rigorous reply and no need of nonsenses like this.
dont waste your time and effort for this snake !!

just dont worth to do anything to him.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 01:55 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by nitrocannon
Keep in mind that he is a newbie to the hobby which means he is going to be playin around an a parking lot somewhere. Do you really think he want's to get pebble's stuck in his drive belt all the time?

If he get's serious about it and races a bunch, then he is going to have more than one car any way. All you racers out there know you haven't stuck to one car... If he get's addicted, he's just going to keep buying as much sh't as he can.

My point is if he's going to be bashing then does he really need the frustration of his belt locking up from getting pebbles stuck?
'

I agree with you...instead of ramming the Mugen down this kids throat,how about asking him what his needs are?......

how about asking him if he feels comfortable setting a up a pivot ball suspension...

How about asking for his experiance level..esp with the Mugens somewhat lacking instructions for a firts time buyer...how about asking him what hes going to do with the car..or what his freinds have..or what his hobby shop supports...

hey..heres a good one..how about asking if he is going to use RUBBERS or FOAM tire's....Maybe he needs a car with a diff in front,not a one way..

for all you guys know,an HPI might suit his needs.....

to tell him teh tc3 is a piece of crap...ESP with its racing record,its great rep as an RTR car( if THAT suits his needs),its GREAT instructions,is ludicrous...

there are other cars out there that might be even better that the ones he listed...

Talk about fanaticism.....

just out of curiosity..with 70 RC cars,I'm always buying parts and options all over the US....how come,with ALL teh hobby shops I talk to,none of them ever says the Mugen is the top seller?...I'm just wondering....

Last edited by fastharry™; 04-20-2003 at 02:17 PM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 02:35 PM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5

i need a car that i can play aroun with... but i also wanna race on da tracks
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:40 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Get an NTC3. You can't go wrong.
nitrocannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:27 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5

hmmm...
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Listen, while i would love to bash the tc3, i wont, but to say that the mugen isnt for him and to tell him the tc3 is......is just crap! both cars can run rubbers, the mtx-3 has a front diff case which only requires the gears....the mugen can easily be used to goof around.....I wish i had started with my mtx-2 rather than getting the rs4 and dumping stupid amounts of money in that! if i were you, get a car that you can drive forever......i now drive an mtx-3 and u can either own one, or chase one
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 08:41 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

cHckbOY5,
I am new to all this as well. I have an hpi rs4 rtr3 that i've had for about 3 weeks. I've been to 2 races and have gotten whooped at each track. Alot of it is my driving skill (actually the lack thereof) and i wasnt running the right setup. I do enjoy my car, but since i am a beginner to all this alot of the lingo seems like a different language to me. In fact while reading this post some of the people are talking about things like pivot ball suspension, front diffs, etc. I have no clue what they mean, but i am learning and i'm already addicted to this hobbie. I think alot of what you get will depend on your needs. Each car is different. and if you ask 10 people you will probably get 10-20 different answers. I like my rs4, but i am having a VERY hard time getting it to run right. I am actually glad i came across this post, because after i get used to this car and play around with it and learn how to take it apart and put it back together again i want to get a kit or another rtr kit but i dont know which one. I want one that will be able to take some crashes and has good instructions. But i also want one that i can race at the tracks and be competitive once i learn how to drive better. I know that i can't get evertyhing, but i would like a well rounded car.

So guys, keep those suggestions comming. Also, is thier a site or a faq that has a comparision on the different cars and manufacturers?
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 08:46 PM   #24
Tech Elite

heres a real good thread on RC cars..

its on HPI's site..you read this,you'll know more than half the people on this whole forum..(and 80% of the mugen owners...OOOPPPPSS...Did I say that???the devil made me do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!)....

http://www.hpiracing.com/faq-main.htm
Old 04-20-2003, 09:01 PM   #25
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
hmmm...
chckboy5, harry has the very true statement about NTC3. look at his signature. a newbie cannot drive, cannot tune and cannot build you will end up blows gears,bad tank,and breaks easy. Thanks harry !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #26
Tech Elite

of course they've fixed the gears,replaced the tank,and as far as breaking easy?...well,no car withstands a good hit into the boards,not even my 1/8th scale..

but teh car is good enough in RTR form to be labeled teh best RTR on teh market...has proven its ability to run with teh best,and has WAY better instructions and parts availabilty than the mugen..

BUT...Manticore is right...a newbie has a tough task buying any of these PRO cars..there's so much to learn about all of them...

thats why my first sugestion is to go with what your hobby shop supports and can help you with..
Old 04-20-2003, 09:29 PM   #27

This guy just needs a RTR that can run at the track, NTC3 RTR. Very simple since Mugen doesn't offer one. Actually he can't really go wrong since all the competition in this class has made everything half decent. The mugen might be ?OK in an outlaw class where you have more HP to overcome its drivetrain inadequecies, but in 3 port racing on a high grip track the NTC3 rules! Did anyone notice ALL the Mugen guys were running 40% at the Winternats?
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally posted by me43
why would you suggest a high perfomance engine like that to a person that is just getting into nitro R/C
a 12s a 12s a 12; I'd say the high performance is not only HP but reliability, how many times have you seen a Nova carb off out of the box? My OS CVr was more challenging to get tuned than my RB X12.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:41 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

it looks like alot of people here are leaning towards the ntc3. I have been reading about it on some sites and it does seem like an awesome car, even in the rtr kit.

To the people who run ntc3 cars, can you pm me with the kind of fuel you use, tires, setups and anything else that may be useful? Also, if i get the NTC3 rtr kit, am i still able to update it with hop ups and stuff once i get better and need them?

I have also looked at the V- One S, but it uses belts. I see that half the people here like belts and some hate em. which is better? I knw that the belts have the disadvantage of rocks, but what are the other advanatges/disadvantages of both?

Is the ntc3 shaft or belt driven? from what i've read it looks shaft driven. On my hpi rs4 the servos and batter case are closed in within a protective box. Does the ntc3 have something similiar or does it need like a ballon or something to keep the batteries dry?

Last edited by alucard13; 04-20-2003 at 09:50 PM.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:51 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Wink

Quote:
That post (picture) wasn’t attended for you it was for the kid that thinks he needs a “Pro” car for bashing and play. I was simply pointing out some of these guys think they know it all!!

For some reason Mugen guys think that the MTX-3 is for everybody……

Quote:
dont waste your time and effort for this snake !!
That's right TWINKELBELL....you dont want me to put you back into your place!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote