R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Kyosho has silicone oils up to 500'000, which is as near solid you could ever come.. I've tried the Kyosho clay and it really just make the diff a spool, it's very stiff and the same time "springy"
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
thanks ashley , though it doesnt look like it will work ..plus mate its a mugen part i cant put a mugen part in my kyosho that would be like having sex with a playboy playmate and using a condom..you just wouldnt do it would you . I think I found out why it was stripping the block though. I am a dickhead have you pulled one of those front diffs apart on the 05t. Well I realised it was stripping the right side all the time and noticed the washer/shim under the pin was concaved and started to wear out diff cover plate. You know there is an oring under the shim that seals the outdrive..well for some reason I have left this oring out, and there is no support there for the shim so with all the forces of my excellent kickarse driving skills created to much freeplay and so the pin was not engaging all the way in the block making it strip it....I will double check the diff I have in there now before next meeting and then see how it goes.
Hopefully see you at brendale friday week. You going to be ready with yoru MTX4.
I don't know if I will be ready... the car is mostly assembled, but I'm still looking for a header/pipe combo to get... (I am still a newb... I don't know what will fit!)

I have a complete kyosho oneway you can have if it helps any...

I forgot to post it with the rest of the stuff no good to me now...
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
Kyosho has silicone oils up to 500'000, which is as near solid you could ever come.. I've tried the Kyosho clay and it really just make the diff a spool, it's very stiff and the same time "springy"
Thanks sparx , didnt realise they made oil that thick. I will be heading to lhs today and see what i can find. I had the KYosho LSD in the rear and absolutely loved it at one stage but I couldnt keep the special oil in and ended up chewing out the gears. I was using it with a alloy diff cup so not sure if the stock plastic one would have been better sealed. But definitely want to try something thicker.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
I don't know if I will be ready... the car is mostly assembled, but I'm still looking for a header/pipe combo to get... (I am still a newb... I don't know what will fit!)

I have a complete kyosho oneway you can have if it helps any...

I forgot to post it with the rest of the stuff no good to me now...
Thanks Ashley, I like my brakes to much so dont think a one way would suit me. Few more experienced drivers then me I have spoken to before just didnt like the one way but I suppose it depends on the driver as well.

Re a pipe for your mugen...are you running a rear exhaust TG? then any rear exhaust 1/10 onroad pipe of course left side should fit your car. If your running a side exhaust then yep finding a side exhaust header to suit will be bit harder. Main problem you will have is how much you want to spend. but finding a good pipe to suit the belt driven chassis is much easier then the shaft drive of the FW.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:31 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks Ashley, I like my brakes to much so dont think a one way would suit me. Few more experienced drivers then me I have spoken to before just didnt like the one way but I suppose it depends on the driver as well.

Re a pipe for your mugen...are you running a rear exhaust TG? then any rear exhaust 1/10 onroad pipe of course left side should fit your car. If your running a side exhaust then yep finding a side exhaust header to suit will be bit harder. Main problem you will have is how much you want to spend. but finding a good pipe to suit the belt driven chassis is much easier then the shaft drive of the FW.
Steve, I'm thinking this would be a good pipe.

I am not worried about performance atm but as long as it mechanically fits ill be happy for now...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKBH5&P=M

cheers
Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #21
Tech Elite

I think this is the one I want... its a bit cheaper too

http://www.skylinercracing.com/store/P_16.htm
Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #22
Tech Adept

yeah they both would work, also this one here is lot cheaper if you want to save some money for now. Jpl are alright for the money, i have had a skyline pipe and it bent just as easy as the jpl and cost me over double the price.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=14277
Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
yeah they both would work, also this one here is lot cheaper if you want to save some money for now. Jpl are alright for the money, i have had a skyline pipe and it bent just as easy as the jpl and cost me over double the price.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=14277

so the manifolds are all the correct "shape"

lol I feel like an idiot...

sorry for hijacking your thread btw :P
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
so the manifolds are all the correct "shape"

lol I feel like an idiot...

sorry for hijacking your thread btw :P
yes left sided exhaust for 1/10 rear exhaust for TC are all the same, obviously pipe lengths/shape differ slightly but they will fit. keep an eye out on ebay or on rctech for sale etc you might find somebody offloading a good used exhaust.

no bother on hijacking thread, I just paid for my order from the champ and getting some goodies sent hopefully before next meeting..got some K grease coming so I will be set maybe see you next fri night.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
yes left sided exhaust for 1/10 rear exhaust for TC are all the same, obviously pipe lengths/shape differ slightly but they will fit. keep an eye out on ebay or on rctech for sale etc you might find somebody offloading a good used exhaust.

no bother on hijacking thread, I just paid for my order from the champ and getting some goodies sent hopefully before next meeting..got some K grease coming so I will be set maybe see you next fri night.

I ordered the JPL one anyway, it will do me for a while...

Thanks for your help.

I love getting my parcels from the champ thanks for putting me onto them by the way