R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-11-2002, 06:06 AM   #1396
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

The spare bottle is so that you can pour half the oil in and share the price with a friend ......I've had mine for years and I don't think I will ever get through it!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:14 AM   #1397
Tech Adept

Graphite parts

I got all the penguin graphite parts on my mugen seiki MTx-2 prospec but my question is what is the difference between the graphite and the plastic besides stiffness? Is there a diference in weight distributation? tell me your side of the story.

~Brandon
LiLRCLoUiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:23 AM   #1398
Tech Addict

Quote:
I got all the penguin graphite parts on my mugen seiki MTx-2 prospec but my question is what is the difference between the graphite and the plastic besides stiffness? Is there a diference in weight distributation? tell me your side of the story.
Do your penguin parts fit ok?

Last edited by BallPy; 03-15-2002 at 07:55 AM.
BallPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:29 AM   #1399
Tech Adept

Yeah tey all fit perfectly im just wondering whats the diff. and if there i like a difference in weight...

~Brandon
Old 03-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #1400
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomek

Where can I get Five-Star upper deck for my MTX-2? Does any one have any pictures of it?
Tomek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:23 PM   #1401
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

go back a few pages in this thread.. Someone posted the an image of the 5 stardeck

Rich

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 04:40 PM   #1402
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Default Re: Graphite parts

Quote:
Originally posted by LiLRCLoUiE

~Brandon
Well the New kawahara top plate has a redesign layout. It changes the battery and the throttle location. It suppose to give a better weight distibution, but besides that there isn't anyother advantage that i know of that graphite gives aside from added strength and maybe lightness.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 08:43 AM   #1403
Tech Adept

Default Hop Upz`

What are some good hop upz that i can put onto my MTX-2 pro spec? I already hae all t penguin graphite Items and the lowered shock thing to put on a lola what else is there to improve my MTX-2 Prospec?

~Brandon.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:06 AM   #1404
Tech Adept

Default Re: Hop Upz`

Quote:
What are some good hop upz that i can put onto my MTX-2 pro spec? I already hae all t penguin graphite Items and the lowered shock thing to put on a lola what else is there to improve my MTX-2 Prospec?

~Brandon.
There's not much to go with since u have the prospec to start out with. The kawahara negative diff is a great investment IMHO. I also would recomend the weight reduction parts that kawahara also have available, such as the hollow mid shaft, lighter centax flywheel, and the lighter 1st and 2nd gear housings. This may not seem like a lot of weight when u compare the two parts but in the sense of rotation mass it adds up quickly. I love the increase throttle response and acceleration.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:09 AM   #1405
Tech Adept

Are those parts useful or are they parts that are psycholigically better cause on a track its pretty hard to feel the difference i weight like the Graphite parts you dont know the difference it psychological that it is lighter and you think it is so it catches on in your brain. Psychology Teacher told me
Old 03-13-2002, 09:20 AM   #1406
Tech Adept

Quote:
Are those parts useful or are they parts that are psycholigically better cause on a track its pretty hard to feel the difference i weight like the Graphite parts you dont know the difference it psychological that it is lighter and you think it is so it catches on in your brain. Psychology Teacher told me

Well with the graphite parts situation, the main advantage of getting those parts in the more stiffer design with close to the same weight of the original. The graphite upper deck for instance will give you a more rigid chassis and reduce chassis flex which could indeed make the car feel more stable. When we associated stronger, we usually think heavier.

Now the ligher drivetrain parts really make a difference to me. I thought the same as you did but must admit that there is something different with my cars response and it had to be from the chassis being tighter and can put down the power better or from the drivetrain reduce weight. At this point i don't know which one it is since i put all those parts on at once.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:14 AM   #1407
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Hop Upz`

Quote:

~Brandon.
You really dont have much hop up parts for it since you already have the pro spec but there are still a few more items you might want to consider!

1. Kawahara Negative Diff. I love this unit, have really smooth diff action for tight turns and yet it will become solid axle for sweeper and long straight once it spins fast enough(usually when you punch your car out of corner)

2. Tech Mid Oneway. This is a great item too, like the description said "Mid Oneway" the mid shaft has a oneway bearing in it. What it does is when you are off power rolling into a fast turn after long straight, it has less fiction because the long belt would not be pulled by the whole drivetrain, only the side belt since the midoneway is working it's magic. So you have less rolling fiction meanning faster speed into corner.

3. Kawahara 2 shoe 2nd speed unit, it is not a must have item but good to have. The shifting transition is so smooth and accurate. Personally I think it grabs harder and once it grabs it would let go unless the speed drops down.

4. Replace front shock piston from one hole to two holes, it makes a big different on turns, it feels much more alive when you are carrying high speed into corner also those S-Curve too! I hope you know what I mean!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 10:40 AM   #1408
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Novarossi- Those Hardcore chassis are expensive because they are Titanium Very well made too.

ANYONE HEADING TO OHIO FOR THE SEDAN FUEL NATS???
gospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 12:26 PM   #1409
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default AH10

what shock pistons fit the Mugen Shocks??

Or are ya using the original parts.

Thanks

Rich

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 01:21 PM   #1410
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: AH10

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard Jokur
what shock pistons fit the Mugen Shocks??

Or are ya using the original parts.

Thanks

Rich
Rich, Geniun Mugen Parts, when it comes from Stock Form, they are 1 hole for the front shocks and 2 holes for the rear! All you need to do is to buy the 2 holes piston for the rear and put them up front!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote