R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-03-2002, 08:37 PM   #1366
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Default kawahara top deck

i have the new kawahara top deck and i think it's a much better weight distribution overall. I love the kawahara quaility. I ran the car yesterday with it on but i really couldn't give you an opinion on it yet because i change my setup completely with the addition of a front oneway, negative diff and such, but i like the top plate from what i see of it now.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:03 PM   #1367
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Chassis

I wasnt paying attention to things around me an BANG!! I bent my chassis...

Now that I'm in the market for one, who makes a nice chassis...

and if possible can ya post a pic of it.... I have seen the Kawahara, and Integy chassis... who else make one for the MTX2

Thanks

Rich

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:57 PM   #1368
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Z-Speed

[/B][/QUOTE]
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:03 PM   #1369
Tech Regular

Default i want one

where can i get a kawahara chassis or zspeed for a good $$$ .
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:15 PM   #1370
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: kawahara top deck

Quote:
Originally posted by VinDollar
i have the new kawahara top deck and i think it's a much better weight distribution overall. I love the kawahara quaility. I ran the car yesterday with it on but i really couldn't give you an opinion on it yet because i change my setup completely with the addition of a front oneway, negative diff and such, but i like the top plate from what i see of it now.
Yeah I like the idea of the new Kawahara Radio Tray, throttle servo mount towards the front and someone told me it has better weight distribution but I dont know about that!
Old 03-05-2002, 07:36 PM   #1371
Tech Adept

Default HOP UPz

What are some good Hop-Upz for a MTX-2 that a Pro Spec dosent have already?

~Brandon
LiLRCLoUiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:19 PM   #1372
Tech Master

Default Re: HOP UPz

Quote:
Originally posted by LiLRCLoUiE

~Brandon
Kawahara 2 speed
Tech Mid Oneway
Grey Centex Clutch Shoe
2 holes piston up front
Old 03-06-2002, 10:36 AM   #1373
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mr MTX
Default Re: HOP UPz

Quote:
Originally posted by LiLRCLoUiE

~Brandon
Carbon fiber radio tray. I have the Penguin one but Kawara just came out with a really nice one!! The carbon fiber radio tray will help against bending of the chassis
Mr MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 04:55 PM   #1374
Tech Adept

Default On and off Power steering

What are the contributing factors for a car to pull to one side when it's on power and pull the other direction off power. I think that the most simple way to get at my problem. Everything has been redone on this car such as chassis, and bearings. I set it up on the hudy and my settings are as followed:

front camber 2
front caster stock position
front toe = 1 1/2 out

Rear camber 3
Rear toe 2 1/2 in
rear arm inner= middle hole
rear are hub= top outside hole

Does the shocks have a lot to do with this.

TO A10:

Since the replacement of my regular diff to this negative diff i have notice that the travel of my suspension is very limited. It seems that the dogbones will pinch in the outdrives when the suspension is compressed. Have this ever happen to you or know why it would be doing this. I took the rear bulkhead apart a few times and assembled everything back together and still the same. I'm kinda stumped.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:26 PM   #1375
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I have the new Kawahara top deck but I have'nt mounted it yet. I noticed that it's thin and kinda flexy and i'm worried that the lack of the front crossover piece(like in the old one) might lead to flex in that area. Anybody having problems with flex(bending and torsional)?

Also, does anyone ever notice that there is a higher servo failure rate with carbon fiber top decks than with plastic/composite ones? I think it's because of carbon fiber's tendency to transmit vibration rather than absorbing it somewhat like plastic/ composite.

VinDollar,
Make sure you shock lengths are even (left/right) and make sure your downstop settings are also even. Maybe tire diameter has something to do with it too, especially with foams.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:46 PM   #1376
Tech Initiate

Vindollar,

Try keeping the front toe out between 1/2 to 1. Also try rotating your tires. Hope this helps.
BongR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:10 PM   #1377
Tech Master

Default Re: On and off Power steering

Quote:
What are the contributing factors for a car to pull to one side when it's on power and pull the other direction off power. I think that the most simple way to get at my problem. Everything has been redone on this car such as chassis, and bearings. I set it up on the hudy and my settings are as followed:

front camber 2
front toe = 1 1/2 out

Rear camber 3
Rear toe 2 1/2 in

TO A10:

Since the replacement of my regular diff to this negative diff i have notice that the travel of my suspension is very limited. It seems that the dogbones will pinch in the outdrives when the suspension is compressed. Have this ever happen to you or know why it would be doing this. I took the rear bulkhead apart a few times and assembled everything back together and still the same. I'm kinda stumped.
I would suggest you to check a few things:
1. All your wheel bearings as well as the one on both front and rear bulkheads.
2. Rebuild all 4 shocks make sure the bladder inside the shock are in good shape!

It should solve the problem!
Old 03-07-2002, 01:28 AM   #1378
Tech Elite

Default Re: On and off Power steering

Quote:

front camber 2
front toe = 1 1/2 out

Rear camber 3
Rear toe 2 1/2 in

TO A10:

Check chassis tweak for the pulling. Put the car on a level surface. Use the back of an exacto knife and lift one end of the car in the middle of the chassis line. Both wheels/tires need to come off the surface at the same time. If one side lifts earlier, then the car has tweak. Do the other end of the car. Minor tweak (no major bent chassis) can be dialed out adjusting the spring tension. You need to work on the diagonal opposite end of the car.

Example:

When you lift the rear and the right rear tire comes up first, you need to work of the left front shock. Turn the left front shock collar down a small amount and check by lifting again. Repeat until both rear tires lift off at the same time.

You can also use a tweak staion like the MIP.

Mugen has 2 lengths of dogbones. There is a shorter one that will fit right. I had the same problem with the solid axle and the Negative diff. Using universals will cure the problem but an expensive solution.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 06:57 AM   #1379
Tech Adept

Thanks Sydewynder

I will check those situation out. I was begining to get a little fustrated with this car but what can i expect with some many changes at once. Is it possible to have a tweakin the chassis when it's new? How would that take place?
Old 03-07-2002, 03:51 PM   #1380
GKC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to GKC

Hi!

Does any one know where to get the MTX2 's manual online? I bought a second hand kit and it does not come with a manual. Thanks!
GKC is offline   Reply With Quote