R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2001, 12:12 PM   #121
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SioKoy Send a message via Yahoo to SioKoy

Manticor,

use kawahara belt tensioner for Mugen MTX-2 its adjustable and its user friendly for our belts
SioKoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 04:33 PM   #122
Tech Addict

According to Robbie at Mugen USA, the plastic compound has not been changed again.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 12:21 AM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq

I still can't believe he retired.
Yeh, its a shame. He started back in 1980, won mulitple electric (Pan I believe) championships here in Aus, and was top contender for all TC events here.

Sold his business (adrenalinracing.com), sold all his RC equipment, to take up more time with his kids and new business venture.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 04:05 AM   #124
Tech Elite

Ok thanks Tommy.

Where's my head buttons John H? LOL

Next time you see him Novarossi, kick him for me.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 04:45 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Ok thanks Tommy.

Where's my head buttons John H? LOL

Next time you see him Novarossi, kick him for me.
John is no longer my hero, this guy below is

Old 10-06-2001, 05:52 AM   #126
Tech Elite

Quick question guys :

If the car is slightly understeering out of corners, (forget about toe, springs, tyres, camber, ARB etc etc) would it be better to lower the front shocks down one position, or go down 10wt oil up front?

Same thing, if the car is slightly oversteering out of corners, would it be better to go up one level front shock position or go up 10wt in front shock?

Please ignore all other settings, only concentrating on Shock Oil Vs Shock Position

Thanks
Old 10-06-2001, 07:15 AM   #127
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Quick question guys :

If the car is slightly understeering out of corners, (forget about toe, springs, tyres, camber, ARB etc etc) would it be better to lower the front shocks down one position, or go down 10wt oil up front?

Same thing, if the car is slightly oversteering out of corners, would it be better to go up one level front shock position or go up 10wt in front shock?

Please ignore all other settings, only concentrating on Shock Oil Vs Shock Position

Thanks
you are right on. you may also reduce front droop to improve out of corner steering.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 07:17 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

you are right on. you may also reduce front droop to improve out of corner steering.
Moon which one would be better, change shock position or change oil?
Old 10-06-2001, 09:04 AM   #129
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to PeterCheung
Default diff. teeth

How many teeth does the stock diff. pulley have??
PeterCheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 09:18 AM   #130
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi

Moon which one would be better, change shock position or change oil?
change shock position is faster but if you put it too laydown you might want to use one step higher spring rate.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:56 AM   #131
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Thanks for the info

Here it is, my first post. Just wanted to say thanks for a couple of pieces of advice that helped my new MTX2 handle a lot better this weekend. The topics that suggested to change rear toe angle to 2.5 or 3 degrees and one not to overtighten the steering servo saver screw really helped. My car handled great compared to last week. Thanks Manticore for those tips. And also the rest of you for sharing your info.
Rukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 10:15 AM   #132
Tech Champion

Default Re: Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally posted by Rukey
Here it is, my first post. Just wanted to say thanks for a couple of pieces of advice that helped my new MTX2 handle a lot better this weekend. The topics that suggested to change rear toe angle to 2.5 or 3 degrees and one not to overtighten the steering servo saver screw really helped. My car handled great compared to last week. Thanks Manticore for those tips. And also the rest of you for sharing your info.
Not at all ! Not at all !
Old 10-09-2001, 01:44 AM   #133
Tech Elite

Hello again everyone.

What a bad day of racing. It all started when I got super glue in my eye! I was truing tyres, and gluing them, when superglue splashed straight into my right eye (the watery stuff).
As soon as I blinked, my eye lids stuck, scary stuff. Spent about 1/2h under a tap washing my eye out, and about 1 hour at the hospital at night (eye is very red and puffy at the moment)
Still managed to qualify 3rd, 9 secs behind 1/8th driver + national champ. A mains was bad, could not stop blinking, driving with one eye practically, DNF

Anyway, all good now.

Question time :

Off power steering was excellent, with a slight hint of oversteer (which is fine). On power steering, and the car would understeer too much. The minute I'd gun it out of corners, the car would push too much.

Front springs - white
Front Oil - 45wt
Lowest position

Rear Springs - light blue
Rear Oil - 60wt
lowest position

As mentioned, the car handled very well on most corners. How to I get rid of the 'Push' and undertseer on full throttle?

Do I :

A. Heavier front shock oil then the rear?
B. Adjust front droop?
C. Change to maximum caster (ie more high speed steering)?

W Fok or Moon, you guys spoke about droop on the HPI forum, this is really my weak point. When I raise the front of the chassis, there is very little droop on the front.

On the front, the bottom front grub screw sticks out about 2mm and the top front grub screw does not stick out at all. Can you guys explain droop to me again, and possibly add a picture for me Please explain what more/less on top/bottom, front/rear does. Heres the pic (ps don't laugh)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mugen.bmp (66.1 KB, 146 views)
Old 10-09-2001, 01:58 AM   #134
Tech Champion

Nice drawing LMAO !! excuse...

Hamm hamm..

Glad that you can still get a 3rd with one eye. I wonder what if you dont have "super glue" problem at all.

the principle of droop is all about weight transfer. In real car. when you step on throttle out of a corner really hard. you can feel that the front of the car lift and therefore the front end traction reduce due to weight transfer to the rear.

Usually it is not necessary to adjust rear droop as you need to get maxi traction for the rear end. What I can see that you have good enough front droop which has already limited weight transfer to the rear end. I think you should make your rear shock upright a little bit (make suspension stiffer) to further limit weight transfer to the rear end and this should improve on power steering.

Cheers.

Anthony
Old 10-09-2001, 02:05 AM   #135
Tech Champion

Just got penguin front bumper protector. look nice but the point where you fix the front body post is weak and easy to be broken.

the braking disc look really nice but since I dont need any brake at all so it will be considered a eye candy from now on..........