R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-18-2002, 08:53 PM   #1276
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Futaba 3VC

Had a great run today at Crystal Park! I tried different tires combination and found out Elleti 40sh front works great with Yokomo 32mm 45sh rear! I was trying 40sh Yok 32mm but seems like it has too much rear traction and it is taking away my steering so switch back to 45sh and it works great!

And I tried Novarossi 50220 pipe, oh man it is much much better than RBX12 pipe and Novarossi 51601, 51602 and 51603! I think I am sticking with this pipe from now on
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 10:48 PM   #1277
Tech Elite

Sorry BG. I'm getting alot of PMs. I'll have to clean my box again.

Here's what I posted in the HPI MTX2 thread

Quote:
BG

The Kawahara 2 speed bearing dimensions are as follows. (Used calipers for measurements)

2nd gear hub (regular bearing)

ID = 6mm (same as shaft dia.)
OD = 13mm

1st gear 1 way

ID = 6mm
OD = 10mm

Sorry for the mess.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 10:50 PM   #1278
Tech Elite

Default Re: Futaba 3VC

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi,

Looking for the best place to purchase a Futaba 3VC 40mhz stick transmitter set for my MTX-2.

Any good online suppliers?

Is anybody running this transmitter? & what do they think.

All the best

Click, Dublin
Sorry Click. I think most of us are using wheel type radios. For me the wheel ones seem more natural.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:34 AM   #1279
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Do the Kawahara derlin steering knuckles have enough clearance for 26mm tires? Also read in earlier posts that some use Yokomo rims have enough offset to clear the stock stock steering knuckles. Also if the Yokomo rims do clear which compound most use front and back?
Isaac, the 26mm Yok "inch up" foams fit fine on the front. The standard foams will fit, but you have to trim the steering arm slightly. I trim mine anyway because I use a different brands of tires. I've been told, the 32mm Yok foams will fit the rear without any mods, but I haven't tried them yet. I'm trying to keep the 26mm on the rear so that I can stay legal.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:47 AM   #1280
Tech Regular

Cool Thanks Sydewynder!!!

Hey Sydewynder

That REALLY HELPS!!! Now if I can find those Blue sealed bearings in these sizes(better check EBAY)...

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
bgotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 10:29 AM   #1281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks - Tekrsq.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:51 AM   #1282
Tech Master

Sydewynder
Quote:
I'll have to clean my box again.
There's nothing quite like a nice clean box.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 07:03 PM   #1283
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Do the Kawahara derlin steering knuckles have enough clearance for 26mm tires? Also read in earlier posts that some use Yokomo rims have enough offset to clear the stock stock steering knuckles. Also if the Yokomo rims do clear which compound most use front and back?
Oops missed this one.

The Kawahara delrin front knuckles have more room especially around the bend where the turnbuckles are attached. These clears other wheels that the stock knuckles do not without mods. The top and bottom pivot ball areas are also shaved flat to clear wheels better. Unfortunately I was told that these are no longer made so if you want them and see them, buy them though they are $25 a pop.

I have the inch up yoks and it looks like to the ball end (turnbuckle) there is a little more than .5mm clearance. The top and bottom each has almost 2mm clearance. I assume the space for the non inch up in the ball end area will be the same. The top and bottom pivot balls will have less.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:04 PM   #1284
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks Sydewynder!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bgotori
Hey Sydewynder

That REALLY HELPS!!! Now if I can find those Blue sealed bearings in these sizes(better check EBAY)...

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Anytime.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:05 PM   #1285
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by psycho
Sydewynder

There's nothing quite like a nice clean box.
You a bad boy.

Tamiya F201! Woohoo!
Old 02-20-2002, 03:21 AM   #1286
Tech Apprentice

Default How to buy a Mugen MTX2

As i understand, you'd be crazy to buy a plain Mugen MTX2, and should go straight for the Pro-Spec package. Agree?

I have some questions though, for you die-hard Mugen drivers. Upgrading from a TS4N, i hope you can appreciate, is a task. Having to choose between the MTX2, V1R, NTC3 and all... I've written off the V1R, on the basis that the Pro-Spec has more bang-for-your-buck, with all the hops-ups and all. The NTC3 though, is still in the run. (Yok ain't supported by too many here in Sydney Aust, Reflex i've heard has quality probs, and the Serpent Impulse, well i just don't think so)

With the Pro-Spec though, do you get a (a) body?, (b) motor?, (c) muffler?; or (d) tyres? Sure, the body and tyres are negligible, but the motor and the muffler, well thats most of the battle.

Also, i've heard the manuals are a little hard to follow at times, for non-Mugen-die-hards that is, agree?

Any thoughts on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:48 AM   #1287
Tech Apprentice

Glenn when I got mine I was looking at the same options as you.

The main reason I got Pro Spec is because of centax clutch (which I think costs the same as the diff in price from normal to pro). But if you didn't really want the clutch the normal MTX2 could be good too!
I think Pro Spec parts such as Sway bars, Front one-way are not definately better just different (if that makes sense). You can take the sway bars off but if you want to use normal diff you will have to buy this.
Other options included on Pro: wide front bumper, belt tensioner with ball bearings, aluminium wheel hexes. Someone on this board said that the Pro has better quality bearings also!

I think some places in the USA have the Pro with the MT12, pipe, tires and body but not sure about in Australia. My Pro-Spec was just chassis kit for $800 Aus.

Hope this helps you!

Last edited by SHARP; 02-20-2002 at 05:06 AM.
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:50 AM   #1288
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

In terms of car specs the VoneRR and MTX2 Pro spec are both very comparable! Really depends on the spares availability as to which car you should buy!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:17 AM   #1289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
In terms of car specs the VoneRR and MTX2 Pro spec are both very comparable! Really depends on the spares availability as to which car you should buy!
or get both !
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 08:36 AM   #1290
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Default Boca Bearings

Do anyone know the difference between the boca bearing green sealed and ultra sealed bearings. They only have a description on the ultra sealed and some people are telling me that the green sealed are better because it has less friction. Thanks in advance.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote