R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-06-2002, 05:47 PM   #1201
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

Are you sure you can find one? I didn't last time I check at the HK shops. Don't lie to Tommy. LOL
Well, lets give Tommy a hope can you?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 05:49 PM   #1202
Tech Champion

Default Re: mtx 2 pro spec ?

Quote:
Originally posted by carpet_killa
i just bought this kit sunday and i am woundering if any body has any pics of theirs and set up sheets.i am building mine and i am wanting something to compare to..thank you,chris
check out the Mugen Seiki site for some reference setup there.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #1203
Tech Regular

Default ah10

thanks for the set up. hey guys i am woundering i talked to a guy at ace hobbies and he told me that the x12 pipe is the same as the one i got in my pro spec kit . which is a novarossi. is this true? if not i am going to get the one peice x12 pipe from rb. thanks
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 09:32 PM   #1204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

Now Novarossi tells the secret of a champ !
Hey it worked man, I TQ'd and won

Who ever wanted PRO pic's, some on my site :

http://members.optushome.com.au/mugenseiki

I can't post setups unless you identify yourself as a Mugen loyalist and show some proof

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:05 AM   #1205
Tech Champion

Default Re: ah10

Quote:
thanks for the set up. hey guys i am woundering i talked to a guy at ace hobbies and he told me that the x12 pipe is the same as the one i got in my pro spec kit . which is a novarossi. is this true? if not i am going to get the one peice x12 pipe from rb. thanks
I saw your post on RB site and I think Rody is going to tell you they are not the same !
Old 02-08-2002, 12:19 AM   #1206
Tech Regular

Default that was me on the rb fourm

i posted the ? on the novarossi pipe ? about if is the same as a x12 rb pipe or not . i wanted to make sure. cause if it wasn't . i am going to order the x12 in-line pipe then.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:31 AM   #1207
Tech Addict

Quote:

Well, lets give Tommy a hope can you?
AWESOME!!!!!!! If you can find one, I'll paypal the money to you. I'm thinking about one of those negative diffs also. I've got to have a new secret weapon for this season. The Impulse guys are tight on my rear, and we're going to have 2 Reflexes out there now. The guys are testing them. One guy ran an OB4 last year; he was about 1 - 1 1/2 secs behind me. With the new Reflex, he's consistently turning 1/2 - 1 sec better than me. With a brand new car, right out of the box!!!!! Should be some awesome racing this year.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:48 AM   #1208
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq

AWESOME!!!!!!! If you can find one, I'll paypal the money to you. I'm thinking about one of those negative diffs also. I've got to have a new secret weapon for this season. The Impulse guys are tight on my rear, and we're going to have 2 Reflexes out there now. The guys are testing them. One guy ran an OB4 last year; he was about 1 - 1 1/2 secs behind me. With the new Reflex, he's consistently turning 1/2 - 1 sec better than me. With a brand new car, right out of the box!!!!! Should be some awesome racing this year.
Let me get it first before you do the paypal buddy !
Old 02-08-2002, 07:14 AM   #1209
Tech Addict

Quote:

Let me get it first before you do the paypal buddy !
Thanks Anthony. Let me know.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 10:30 AM   #1210
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: that was me on the rb fourm

Quote:
i posted the ? on the novarossi pipe ? about if is the same as a x12 rb pipe or not . i wanted to make sure. cause if it wasn't . i am going to order the x12 in-line pipe then.

Carpet_Killa
I dont know how good of a driver you are and the condition of the track you are going to run your car at! and my opinion affect from the 2 above points.
If you are one of those top notch driver then go for the inline pipe because
1. Believe it or not the first thing you are going to damage to your car is the pipe, especially the tip where the smoke is coming out of!
2. Inline pipe usually cost more(sometimes double, depends on brands)
3. I truely think performance wise are the same compare with the 2, inline and pipe with header.

I think I am a ok driver, dont hit anything often(usually got sent to the board by other drivers) but I still went through like 3 pipes in 5 months!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:28 PM   #1211
Tech Regular

Default ah10

that is a good point! i am a pretty good driver but i still get loose from time to time so i realize that staying with a seperate pipe and manafold would bet cheaper. expecially if i have to replace the pipe cause of damage. thanks for bringing that to my attention. chris
Old 02-08-2002, 01:01 PM   #1212
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Lightbulb Boca Bearings

What do ya'll guy think about upgrading the bearing set on the mtx-2?? Are the stock rubber sealed bearings good or is a set of boca ultra sealed bearings better. Would i see a difference in the car rolling resistance?? Boca set of bearings are running around $115 for the set.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 03:50 PM   #1213
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: ah10

Quote:
that is a good point! i am a pretty good driver but i still get loose from time to time so i realize that staying with a seperate pipe and manafold would bet cheaper. expecially if i have to replace the pipe cause of damage. thanks for bringing that to my attention. chris
You are very welcome! I just want to share my experiences with all of you guys regardless good or bad!

If you need any help please feel free to ask!
Old 02-08-2002, 03:53 PM   #1214
Tech Master

Default Re: Boca Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by VinDollar
What do ya'll guy think about upgrading the bearing set on the mtx-2?? Are the stock rubber sealed bearings good or is a set of boca ultra sealed bearings better. Would i see a difference in the car rolling resistance?? Boca set of bearings are running around $115 for the set.
Really depends on what kind of track you are running your car at! if you are just going to run your car at those nicely preped and blown permanent track then stock bearing will do it's job! (and of course assume you clean your car throughoutly after each time you are done racing or practicing).

If you are going to race your car on those dusty unpreped parking lot then it's not bad of a idea to go for Boca Ultra Sealed Bearing because those stock bearing wont last that long under these conditions!

Just my $0.02
Old 02-08-2002, 04:16 PM   #1215
Tech Regular

Default bearings

check out these sealed bearings ,but i am not sure if they are any count or not though. but he is selling them cheep!!!!!!!!************************************* *******************

never mind this post!!!! these bearings suck. i was in formed that tey won't last maybe a day of racing. so another words they are cheep. cheep p.o.s. just thought i would let you know before you wasted your money......[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=red]

Last edited by carpet_killa; 02-08-2002 at 08:11 PM.