R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-04-2002, 08:16 AM   #1171
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

I didn't even realise it was the grey shoes I bought until you mentioned it at PYC and I compared the two when I got home!!!!
what car did you run last saturday?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:17 AM   #1172
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

what car did you run last saturday?
Let me 'think' on that question!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:55 AM   #1173
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq

To me, it seems like it make the car impossible to slow down.
that is the purpose of one-ways !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 10:16 AM   #1174
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by FREAKAH
AH10, what diff oils were you using?

And what is that "Tech Mid" oneway?

Also, are you still using that parallel rear camber link set-up? If not, what positions are you using now?

Thanks!
I am not using any diff oil, I am using Racer's Choice Hyspin Lube in the diff case. It is those high temperture lube and anti-wear for the bevel gears. The part number is #7016.

Tech is a manufacture making hop ups for MTX-2, Mid oneway is the mid block shaft thing and it is a oneway unit like the front oneway. I like this unit very much, I have much better off power steering with the Mid oneway.

I am using Penguin rear shock tower and I am using the upper and inner camber link mounting hole on the tower side and on the upright side I am using lower outter hole.

Hope that will help!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 12:37 PM   #1175
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

that is the purpose of one-ways !!
HeHe. To a point. You still have to slow down at some point. Our track has a long back stretch and several sweeping curves, but we also have a couple of fairly tight hairpins. When I come off one of the sweeping turns it goes directly into a hairpin. I have to slow down or I won't make the turn. I've got too much push to hit it fast. My car is balanced well enough that I can hit the brakes (not lock them) enough to slow me down to make it through the turn. Something I've been trying is to kick the rear out about half way through the hairpin, let it straighten out, then hit hard on the throttle to get it back into the game. It works very well when I can do it; I'm just not good enough to be that consistent yet. Ah 10 said on the HPI board the center one way helps turn in when you've got on power push. If so, I might try this. It's only money. Where can I get one in the US?
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 01:05 PM   #1176
Tech Elite

I dunno tekrsq I interpreted Ah10 on the HPI board as it helps OFF power push.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 02:17 PM   #1177
Tech Addict

Fok, you're right. I read it wrong. But I think I'd still like to play with one, or atleast see a car that has one.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:30 PM   #1178
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
I dunno tekrsq I interpreted Ah10 on the HPI board as it helps OFF power push.
You are absolutly right, the mid oneway does help on off powering steering. Now you can also play with the caster to help on power steering!
I am currently running 8 degrees caster! increase castor would probably help on on power steering.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:55 PM   #1179
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

AH10, Where did you get that Tech mid oneway? I want one.

Thanks!
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 04:24 PM   #1180
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by FREAKAH
AH10, Where did you get that Tech mid oneway? I want one.

Thanks!
A friend of mine got it for me in Hong Kong! I dont know if anyone in the state carries it!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:49 AM   #1181
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys.......I'm hoping you can help me out here. I'm thinking of running nitro sedan this summer in our outdoor parking lot series and I don't want to spend a gazillion dollars on a car that I won't use more than 3 or 4 months out of the year. I run a bunch of electric so I'm not new to racing by any means.

Anyway, I think I've narrowed down my selection to a few cars and one of them is the MTX2. My question is, which version of the car would be better for me to purchase? The pro or the standard? Keep in mind that I'm not looking to win the ROAR nats with this car or anything and I run on a fairly small (for nitro cars anyway) track so a one way probably won't be much of a benefit. In fact if I bought the Pro I'd probably need to swap it out for a regular diff thus costing more $$$$. Are the options that come with the Pro pretty much necessities or are they just nice to have items? Could I get away with a standard car and just pick up a few choice hop ups to be competitive? If so, which ones? I'm thinking the sways and the wide front bumper are on the top of the list.
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:57 AM   #1182
Tech Master

Schuie Driver

If you don't plan to run the front one-way, you're probably better off getting the standard kit. The car is great right out of the box, so you don't need to dump a bunch of $$ into it to make it competitive. You might want to get the side belt tensioner and bearings for it. Other than that, glue up some good tires and you're ready to compete. With the money you save in not buying the Pro-spec, get a good quality high speed steering servo.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 02:22 PM   #1183
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

A friend of mine got it for me in Hong Kong! I dont know if anyone in the state carries it!
That would figure. I bet Moon can get it!!!! Anthony, how about if I send you some money to ship me one?
Old 02-05-2002, 02:46 PM   #1184
Tech Master

Ha Ha! I need some mod money for myself! I live in socal so I couldnt get that thing for you!
Check with Moon see if he can help you out!

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq

That would figure. I bet Moon can get it!!!! Anthony, how about if I send you some money to ship me one?
Old 02-05-2002, 02:48 PM   #1185
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Schuie Driver
Hey guys.......I'm hoping you can help me out here. I'm thinking of running nitro sedan this summer in our outdoor parking lot series and I don't want to spend a gazillion dollars on a car that I won't use more than 3 or 4 months out of the year. I run a bunch of electric so I'm not new to racing by any means.

Anyway, I think I've narrowed down my selection to a few cars and one of them is the MTX2. My question is, which version of the car would be better for me to purchase? The pro or the standard? Keep in mind that I'm not looking to win the ROAR nats with this car or anything and I run on a fairly small (for nitro cars anyway) track so a one way probably won't be much of a benefit. In fact if I bought the Pro I'd probably need to swap it out for a regular diff thus costing more $$$$. Are the options that come with the Pro pretty much necessities or are they just nice to have items? Could I get away with a standard car and just pick up a few choice hop ups to be competitive? If so, which ones? I'm thinking the sways and the wide front bumper are on the top of the list.
Front oneway works good on small and tight track too! I used to run in small parking lot and I was running front oneway too!

Besides Pro-spec comes with Centex Clutch, it works extremely good on small track too! expecially when you set it up right, you could have unbelievable punch out of corners!